Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 891 892 [893] 894 895 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1454471 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13380 on: August 04, 2016, 04:06:28 pm »

Might want to pass up the Lion King, that one is legendary in it's unfair toughness :P

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13381 on: August 04, 2016, 04:37:03 pm »

Not my kind of beans tbh. Old school platformers, on dos of all things???
Now, the torchlight sale is another thing entirely. If I didnt have drm free versions of both games already Id get it.
Flawed gems both of them. Ought to get back to torchlight 2...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13382 on: August 04, 2016, 04:50:18 pm »

I played torchlight for ... 15 minutes, apparently.

If I want to play a Diablo-esque game which is actually fun, I play Path of Exile.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13383 on: August 04, 2016, 05:45:16 pm »

I... played Torchlight for 5 hours, apparently.
I'm surprised though.  I thought I enjoyed it, and I played to the end?
I've seen some cases where the "played for" register definitely got reset, so IDK.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13384 on: August 04, 2016, 11:10:18 pm »

I have 20 hours in Torchlight 1, that was from one playthrough on the hardest difficulty I think. I enjoyed it enough but Torchlight 2 offers a lot more variation in classes, items and areas. Plus there's mods that add new classes. I think I had one that added a necromancer class when I was last playing it.

I do enjoy Grim Dawn more than Torchlight 2 for ARPGs. Other ones I can recommend are Titan's Quest and Sacred 1 and 2. I haven't played enough of Path of Exile to really have a solid opinion of it.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13385 on: August 05, 2016, 04:42:06 am »

Path of Exile felt too much like Diablo 1 to me, in terms of how the spells/skills worked. For example, there was a melee strike that launches three lightning bolts, but these bolts don't seek so they rarely actually hit anything (not even the thing you hit to activate the skill). I felt like there was a lot of that - skills which sound cool and powerful but are functionally much worse just because of how things work.

Because I couldn't get used to that discrepancy between how it seems like it should work and how it actually worked, I never did get much farther than about level 20 and subsequently didn't find many skill gems, certainly not enough to actually complete anything resembling a build. So who knows, maybe later skills are more powerful in that respect (performing as you might expect), or they've been updated in that time.

It could also be that I am biased from time in things like Median and Sacred 2.

The barter economy system would also have turned me off if I got far enough to have to rely on it.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13386 on: August 05, 2016, 06:29:07 am »

Ah, Median is the mod for Diablo 2, yes? I tried that and it's very difficult. Right out of the rogue camp you need to be careful or enemies can quickly kill you, you get very little gold and armour breaks rather easily from what I remember.

The abilities and stuff are neat but I remember them being rather "lightning storms everywhere".

Edit: The mods name is "Median XL, Ultimative" if anyone is interested.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13387 on: August 05, 2016, 10:19:19 am »

Path of Exile felt too much like Diablo 1 to me, in terms of how the spells/skills worked. For example, there was a melee strike that launches three lightning bolts, but these bolts don't seek so they rarely actually hit anything (not even the thing you hit to activate the skill). I felt like there was a lot of that - skills which sound cool and powerful but are functionally much worse just because of how things work.

Because I couldn't get used to that discrepancy between how it seems like it should work and how it actually worked, I never did get much farther than about level 20 and subsequently didn't find many skill gems, certainly not enough to actually complete anything resembling a build. So who knows, maybe later skills are more powerful in that respect (performing as you might expect), or they've been updated in that time.

It could also be that I am biased from time in things like Median and Sacred 2.

The barter economy system would also have turned me off if I got far enough to have to rely on it.
You missed basically every spell gem in act 3 or 4 (mostly lv. 28 base req) and a good portion of the ones from act 2 (lv22-ish), and the answer to your lightning strike problem would be to use Frost blades instead, which is much shorter range but does seek targets in range of it instead of being ground-based projectiles. Some people use both, high attack speed lightning strike to coat the area in lightning projectiles for more open maps and frost blades for more cramped maps.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13388 on: August 05, 2016, 11:20:30 am »

PoE is all about building up effects. X ability on its own isn't that exciting. Only after you hook a couple saucy support gems up to it and/or get some skill points pointed toward your preferred awesome stat (attack speed whatever) do some of the abilities become WTF awesome. Like Spectral Sword by itself is meh. Spectral Sword + Faster Projectiles + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Iron Grip + Crazy High Attack Speed = Screen filled with spinning lawnmower blades of death.

I like the game but I don't necessarily fault anyone for not having the patience to play through it see the awesome.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13389 on: August 05, 2016, 11:27:52 am »

I like the game but I don't necessarily fault anyone for not having the patience to play through it see the awesome.
Same.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13390 on: August 05, 2016, 11:29:24 am »

I agree. Playing with a friend, though, made/makes it more fun.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13391 on: August 05, 2016, 11:51:58 am »

If we have any grognards here, Bundle Stars presently has a huge bundle of AGEOD games for at most $6.99 at the highest tier.  First tier includes Alea Jacta Est and Pride of Nations; second tier has Civil War 2, Revolution Under Siege, and Rise of Prussia; third tier has To End All Wars and Thirty Years War. 

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #13392 on: August 07, 2016, 09:43:55 am »

If we have any grognards here, Bundle Stars presently has a huge bundle of AGEOD games for at most $6.99 at the highest tier.  First tier includes Alea Jacta Est and Pride of Nations; second tier has Civil War 2, Revolution Under Siege, and Rise of Prussia; third tier has To End All Wars and Thirty Years War.

Nabbed it, but have far too many wargames to play at the moment. Will probably give them a go at some point in the non-descript future! Tried to find let's plays of those, but grognards make the worse let's plays if you're looking to see the gameplay in action instead of getting a description of all the different systems for 3h :)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #13393 on: August 07, 2016, 11:23:02 am »

That's why you always skip to like the third or fourth one if all you can find are LPs :P

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13394 on: August 07, 2016, 11:27:09 am »

No way, 5 EUR for Revolution under Siege: Gold? I think I paid 10 EUR to upgrade my standard version to it, just this year.

"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."
Pages: 1 ... 891 892 [893] 894 895 ... 1134