Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1459987 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Steam Sales
« Reply #1320 on: November 10, 2011, 10:34:26 pm »

As OP i say move it out of my thread, this was meant as a quick source of sales on steam not about steam. You should know the pros and cons of steam by now if you are purchasing their products.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: November 15, 2011, 03:47:12 pm »

Ok so anyway Oblivion is on sale. Anyone even cares about Oblivion anymore now that Skyrim is out?

Maybe just for game-list bragging rights?

EDIT: Well to be fair the modding community is huge, so maybe if there are any super-awesome total conversions...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 03:49:29 pm by Sergius »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: November 15, 2011, 04:27:01 pm »

It's a poor man's Skyrim at this point, with mods, so for anyone who is broke and hasn't experienced what a recent Beth game is like, it's not a bad buy. If you've played FO3 or FO:NV, it's going to see a little dated.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: November 15, 2011, 05:03:06 pm »

It's a poor man's Skyrim at this point, with mods, so for anyone who is broke and hasn't experienced what a recent Beth game is like, it's not a bad buy. If you've played FO3 or FO:NV, it's going to see a little dated.

...or anyone who has a lame integrated graphics card...

Either way, if you do buy it, play it for the mods. There's some really great ones.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: November 15, 2011, 05:14:46 pm »

The sad part is that Skyrim isn't even THAT graphics intensive. Sure, if you played Oblivion on Ultra, you probably can play Skyrim on High...

My (2-year old, I think) 9800M GT(S?) laptop can run it on Ultra but I set it to high to make it a bit smoother, and disabled the antialias which is always a big GPU hog.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 05:17:02 pm by Sergius »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: November 15, 2011, 05:17:42 pm »

I'm on an 8800GTS. I have it set to almost high. Unless someone is trying to get away playing it on a video card they bought back in 2000, I think most people can play it at medium with a variety of low-end hardware.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: November 15, 2011, 05:34:20 pm »

Oblivion gets a lot of flak from people but it's still worth a play in my book. You could do far worse with $5. And yeah, mods make the world go 'round etc.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: November 15, 2011, 06:22:46 pm »

Oh what the hell, 6 bucks for Ob. plus all packs (and I already saw a bunch of beautiful mods I want to try eventually). Already played the hell out of that one so might as well buy it ;D

EDIT: Stupid steam isn't accepting my payment. It's not my card because it even refuses to connect to PayPal.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 06:49:39 pm by Sergius »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: November 15, 2011, 10:24:00 pm »

I just watched a video of Skyrim being played on an ATI Mobility Radeon 4200. I retract my previous statement.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: November 16, 2011, 07:34:44 am »

I opted to snag Oblivion.  It seems like the sort of game I dislike for being popular 'cause I'm a hipster like that, but I know I'll enjoy $6.25 worth of gameplay out of it.  I'm still relevant in gaming, amirite?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: November 16, 2011, 10:43:41 am »

The Elder Scroll game are the only ones that I could play multiple times with the same satisfaction. There is just such a ridiculous number of quests that multiple playthroughs are needed.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: November 16, 2011, 07:34:00 pm »

I played a fair amount of pirated Oblivion; I have no way to excuse myself for my obligation to actually pay for it at that price.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: November 17, 2011, 09:56:11 am »

I played a fair amount of pirated Oblivion; I have no way to excuse myself for my obligation to actually pay for it at that price.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I've bought a bunch of cheap Steam games that I wasn't even planning to install because of this.

I don't even feel guilty about it, it just seems fair (now, I wouldn't never do that with say a Ubisoft game... those bastards deserve to go broke)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: November 17, 2011, 10:02:45 am »

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I've bought a bunch of cheap Steam games that I wasn't even planning to install because of this.

I don't even feel guilty about it, it just seems fair (now, I wouldn't never do that with say a Ubisoft game... those bastards deserve to go broke)
What did Ubisoft ever do to y--Oh right.

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: November 17, 2011, 05:33:37 pm »

The sale is ending, but I'm cheap. But it's a good deal. And it meshes with my habit of buying games that are years out of date.

But... Christmas...

ARGH!
~~<BR>"Zombie fish have the added benefit of not needing to breath. Thus they can wade out of the water with little to fear but bigger zombie fish" -Willfor
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 1134