Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1455255 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #13140 on: June 23, 2016, 01:46:47 pm »

Why would you want headphones anyway?
They only fall off when you go fast.
But if you pay $35 you will get a shirt!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 01:48:19 pm by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13141 on: June 23, 2016, 02:08:35 pm »

Sega should just change its name to Sonic and get it over with. It's like the only IP they seem to truly give a shit about.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13142 on: June 23, 2016, 02:25:12 pm »

Er... no it isn't. Filter by latest release on the right-hand side. Football Manager gets released every year, Yakuza has been among the biggest selling games (at least in Japan) when it gets released and Total War is Total War.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13143 on: June 23, 2016, 02:40:30 pm »

I see a ton of re-releases.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13144 on: June 23, 2016, 02:41:23 pm »

They also "own" Dawn of War 3 and Company of heroes.
http://www.sega.com/
So they do more than just Sooooooonic GOTTA GO FAST! Chili dogs!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Self promotion below.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13145 on: June 23, 2016, 04:04:44 pm »

Whoever though "let's stick Sonic next to anime characters" should probably be beaten with snakes.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13146 on: June 23, 2016, 04:24:30 pm »

Well they did try several designs for humans.
Spoiler: Sanik 06 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sanik unleashed (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sanik Animu (click to show/hide)

I kinda liked the human designs in unleashed because they did a good job at fitting in aesthetically but what can you do?
Self promotion below.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13147 on: June 23, 2016, 04:53:38 pm »

Well, ended up picking a little bit more than I was planning to, but the discounts surprised me. Doom, Don't Starve + DLC, Dark Souls 2 SotFS, Party Hard.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13148 on: June 23, 2016, 05:01:58 pm »

Ssooo... dem bones sales. Been scrolling through the specials in my general price range... noticed a few things of interest. Solar War's going at half (~10 USD, which is... probably still a little much, but I'm likely nabbing it anyway), a fairly neat take on the XCOM ethos, just, y'know, in space. Valdis Story is going at 75% off (~3.75) -- already own it, but it's a lovely little thing I'd totally recommend for folks that appreciate metroidvanias. Does pretty close to everything fairly solidly, if perhaps a titch short for your average metroidvania. Dungeon Warfare going for half off, at ~5. Pretty neat TD style game based mostly around traps instead of towers. Rub to actually buying it is that there's mostly (entirely?) feature complete flash versions on kong and such... still, probably one of the better TD style games out there, all told. Child of Light looks pretty neat; don't have it, but watched folks play a little and probably going to get, particularly at 75% off and <4 bucks. Looks like some or all of the Momodora games are going for fairly cheap, too... fairly cutesy metrodvanias with pretty solid design and implementation. First two are fairly short, though... dunno about the third. Pretty worth the asking price despite it.

Not on sale, but has anyone played this thing? Dig or Die, looks kinda' interesting. Or this -- sale's piddly, but I appreciated magicite a fair bit, so it'd be interesting to hear someone's thoughts on it. Also lookin' at these two, if anyone would happen t'have something to warn about them, or a better substitute for a similar game style.

Beyond all that, anything in particular y'all have noticed, yet?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13149 on: June 23, 2016, 05:07:53 pm »

Dig or Die was very rough last time I tried it. Battlestation Harbinger I'd skip, or at least look at some reviews first. It got a good deal of negative attention for being a bad port of a mobile game.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13150 on: June 23, 2016, 05:11:56 pm »

battlestation harbinger
It's a neat little game that's very fun for a few hours, but doesn't give any more reason to play once you figure it out and unlock all ships.  Its discounted price is about right for what you get, though.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13151 on: June 23, 2016, 05:43:05 pm »

Sega should just change its name to Sonic and get it over with. It's like the only IP they seem to truly give a shit about.
They own Creative Assembly (Total War / Alien Isolation), Relic (Dawn of War / Company of Heroes), and Sports Interactive (Football Manager) as their main Western holdings.

They have a crazy amount of Japanese games other than Sonic (Yakuza, Valkyria, Hatsune Miku, Phantasy Star, etc.). Sonic is just one of their cash cows. They recently bought Index Corporation which includes Atlus. So now they have all those games too (Persona, SMT, Disgaea).

Among all the Japanese game companies, SEGA is easily the most progressive and Westernized. Not only were they well aware that they needed to expand beyond the Japanese market prior to the whole fuss about it, they also put a lot of games out on PC (and PC exclusive titles) considering almost no one in Japan plays on PC to begin with (it was considered the domain of otaku and dating sims). They are also very happy and willing to pump out new IP at the same rate as their endless sequels with things like Dengeki Bungo and Stella Glow. Again, unlike their compatriots. After all, these console makers actually bought a hardcore PC-only strategy game maker 11 years ago. Then they had these guys who practically only make a single kind of strategy game make an excellent and critically acclaimed Aliens game. Can you imagine the risk profiles of these moves?! EA would have thought they were mad.

You could say SEGA is the anti-Konami.

That sounds extremely fanboyish, so let me end it with this. Fuck SEGA's stupid blue mascot he should die in a fire already. Also they have been known to DMCA Youtubers to make their new games stand out more on Google search rankings.

----

Sorry for the derail. I just found it annoying that someone would think that (though I can see why as for some reason SEGA only likes to directly attach its name to Sonic). Please continue with your sales discussion.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13152 on: June 23, 2016, 06:08:08 pm »

They own Creative Assembly (Total War / Alien Isolation), Relic (Dawn of War / Company of Heroes), and Sports Interactive (Football Manager) as their main Western holdings.

They have a crazy amount of Japanese games other than Sonic (Yakuza, Valkyria, Hatsune Miku, Phantasy Star, etc.). Sonic is just one of their cash cows. They recently bought Index Corporation which includes Atlus. So now they have all those games too (Persona, SMT, Disgaea).

Among all the Japanese game companies, SEGA is easily the most progressive and Westernized. Not only were they well aware that they needed to expand beyond the Japanese market prior to the whole fuss about it, they also put a lot of games out on PC (and PC exclusive titles) considering almost no one in Japan plays on PC to begin with (it was considered the domain of otaku and dating sims). They are also very happy and willing to pump out new IP at the same rate as their endless sequels with things like Dengeki Bungo and Stella Glow. Again, unlike their compatriots. After all, these console makers actually bought a hardcore PC-only strategy game maker 11 years ago. Then they had these guys who practically only make a single kind of strategy game make an excellent and critically acclaimed Aliens game. Can you imagine the risk profiles of these moves?! EA would have thought they were mad.

You could say SEGA is the anti-Konami.

That sounds extremely fanboyish, so let me end it with this. Fuck SEGA's stupid blue mascot he should die in a fire already. Also they have been known to DMCA Youtubers to make their new games stand out more on Google search rankings.

----

Sorry for the derail. I just found it annoying that someone would think that (though I can see why as for some reason SEGA only likes to directly attach its name to Sonic). Please continue with your sales discussion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13153 on: June 23, 2016, 06:27:18 pm »

I think the only fun Sega game I've played (which said it was a Sega game when it was started, anyways) was Alpha Protocol.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13154 on: June 23, 2016, 06:36:09 pm »

Steam doesn't do any mid-sale super discounts anymore, right? If something's 50% off now that's as cheap as it's going to get during the sale. I'm pretty sure I remember reading something like that, but it could've just been wishful dreaming.
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879 ... 1134