Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 860 861 [862] 863 864 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456380 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12915 on: March 01, 2016, 08:56:47 pm »

For bizarre colours in games like Galactic Battlegrounds, in the past I've found you can fix it by right clicking on your desktop and opening the screen resolution panel.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12916 on: March 02, 2016, 12:58:17 pm »

Remember SEGA's giveaway?

I believe I received two different codes. I got a mail today with week 3 rewards: Gunstar Heroes, Renegade Ops & Viking: Battle for Asgard.

The code for it is X62JI-3CGX3-RVMDI

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12917 on: March 02, 2016, 01:04:47 pm »

Unreal World on Steam is on sale at 15% off for a couple days. Ends the 4th. Of course it's also free at the original site, still.

Undertale is 20% off at GOG for a week.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:55:52 pm by BigD145 »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #12918 on: March 04, 2016, 07:34:58 am »

Good old Games is holding an Activision sale weekend. Again.

What the hell happened to you GoG? You used to hold decent sales, not try to shove the same stuff down our throats week after week...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12919 on: March 04, 2016, 01:10:38 pm »

ACTIVISION THERAPY -66%
Ain’t no problem you can’t solve with more games.

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12920 on: March 04, 2016, 01:42:20 pm »

"Gaming addiction? What? That's not a problem, that's an optimal life choice for our bottom line."
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #12921 on: March 08, 2016, 03:05:56 pm »

New Humble Jumbo Bundle is threatening to reinforce my addiction to buying game bundles full of awesome games I will never have time to play.

$1:
Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas
Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown
WARMACHINE Tactics

BTA (Currently around $6):
Shadowrun Dragonfall - Director's Cut
Dreamfall Chapters
Magicka 2
(+More to come)

$12:
Grey Goo

For once, I don't own a single one of these games, and most of them look worthwhile.

I think if any religion wants to recruit me into their ranks of believers, all they have to do is promise that after I die, I get to take my Steam library with me, and I have all of eternity to play...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12922 on: March 11, 2016, 03:01:25 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:27:04 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12923 on: March 11, 2016, 04:17:05 pm »

Valkyria Chronicles is pretty great, I'd say. Though you could probably wait if $5 is a lot to you right now.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12924 on: March 11, 2016, 04:23:14 pm »

I've played it before though I didn't get very far into it because of hardware/real life issues. If you liked Fire Emblem I feel like you would probably like Valkyria Chronicles since they seem to have a similar blend of animoo, character development and tactical combat. Admittedly it's in a WWII-type setting instead of medieval fantasy one but that shouldn't be much of a problem. The combat is quite different too since it's a blend of third-person shooter and turn-based tactics, so it's big on positioning and accurate aiming. It also feels way more slower-paced than if it was tile-based which could be a problem. Though to be fair, with my terrible hardware I was waiting a bit when going in and out of tactical view so that would have contributed to the slow pace.

Though yeah, like Aklyon said, if $5 is a lot for you at the moment then I would pass up on the sale. If money is that tight then you probably have way better things to spend it on.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12925 on: March 11, 2016, 04:46:02 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:26:57 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12926 on: March 11, 2016, 04:52:43 pm »

I... haven't played it too terribly much myself, but what I saw was enough I'd be pretty comfortable saying, "Yeah, it's something good."

Now... whether it's as good as five bucks worth of cheese, is an entirely different question. Depends on how much cheese that's getting you, how good it is, and how long it would last. I'd probably pass on it for a month's worth of cheese, ferex, and that's something like 7 usd for bearable quality where I'm at, so... yeah.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #12927 on: March 11, 2016, 05:26:54 pm »

I liked Valkyria Chronicles quite a bit. Combat system is fun, story is pretty good. Sunk quite a few hours into it.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12928 on: March 11, 2016, 05:29:16 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:28:17 pm by Vector »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12929 on: March 24, 2016, 02:30:12 pm »

Does anyone remember a site that allowed you to load your wishlists from various platforms (primarily steam but I think GOG and maybe one or two other stores were available as well) that would then inform you of sales on those items? It was also highly configurable, being able to let you know if games you own are also on sale (if you wanted to buy a copy for a friend for example) as well as setting limits as to when it would inform you (e.g. 50% or better discount), frequency, etc.

I was probably mentioned in this thread in the past but I don't recall anything at all what the site was called to go looking for it here, or in my browser history.

In other news, ubisoft sale on steam. I'm considering Anno 2205 at 40%. Still CAN$41, though, so I might pass after all. I played a demo for a while and was okay with what I saw, some of the new mechanics were interesting and I was okay with the simplifying they did. (I did prefer 2025 over Venice, for example.)
Pages: 1 ... 860 861 [862] 863 864 ... 1134