Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 847 848 [849] 850 851 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456771 times)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12720 on: January 16, 2016, 04:44:01 am »

Humble Store has a winter sale for the next two weeks. How do they handle sales, one discount for the entire duration or is it one of those where I have to check up every day to see if that 50% has turned into 75%?

I'm looking into buying Prototype 2 and Invisible, Inc.. Question: is the RADNET access pack or Invisible Inc's DLC worth my time and money? From what I can tell, Invisible Inc is good addition to the base game and worth it, whereas RADNET gives a bunch of online stuff I don't care about and some overpowered toys into an already imbalanced sandbox of destruction.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #12721 on: January 16, 2016, 11:28:06 am »

The Invisible Inc DLC is, as far as I understand, simply "more options". I'd say you're OK with playing the base game, then getting the DLC on a bigger sale (if you enjoyed the game) to have an excuse to play it some more :)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12722 on: January 16, 2016, 06:40:22 pm »

Omkiron: The Nomad Soul

Summary:
Apparently a game that David Bowie was heavily involved in making is free for a week from the Square Enix store as a tribute to him. 
Add to cart and use the promo code "omikron".  Go through the process, and you'll end up with a Steam activation code for the game.

Just did this myself, so it works.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #12723 on: January 16, 2016, 07:49:04 pm »

Summary:
Apparently a game that David Bowie was heavily involved in making is free for a week from the Square Enix store as a tribute to him. 
Add to cart and use the promo code "omikron".  Go through the process, and you'll end up with a Steam activation code for the game.

According to RPS, for the US, the link is
https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/281956/omikron-the-nomad-soul-pc-download

and for the EU (or all non-US?) it's
https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/games/pc-windows-download/Omikron-The-Nomad-Soul.php

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12724 on: January 16, 2016, 08:28:53 pm »

Summary:

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/281956/omikron-the-nomad-soul-pc-download

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/games/pc-windows-download/Omikron-The-Nomad-Soul.php
Apparently, if you are not in the US or EU, you can't get it for free. I guess maybe with a VPN.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #12725 on: January 17, 2016, 02:58:21 am »

Summary:

EU store link opens the store page, but when I click "buy" it gives me an error. :/ Anyone else able to get it?

EDIT: Okay, working now, but you have to register an account AND provide a full mailing address and other personal information in order to get the game. Be aware of that.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 03:00:37 am by Sappho »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12726 on: January 17, 2016, 08:06:50 am »

In any case, the game is only $10(not even on sale) on Steam if you don't want to give that information to a mega-corporation that has in the past created super-soldiers to drain the life-force from the entire planet for profits and evlulz. And before that, created a super-soldier to rip the planet apart for profits and evlulz.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12727 on: January 17, 2016, 12:45:45 pm »

I just don't want to sign up for an account on a website I will probably never use again >.>
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #12728 on: January 17, 2016, 01:19:52 pm »

Of course, you can always use a throwaway email address and fake mailing address. $10 isn't cheap for everyone, and it's a cool game to get for free.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #12729 on: January 18, 2016, 12:43:35 am »

Alternatively, watch a lets play of it.  I did that awhile back, theres a pretty good one out there.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12730 on: January 18, 2016, 10:12:06 am »

Consortium is free at the moment. I'm not sure for how much longer. There's no option to buy so it should be yours if you claim it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12731 on: January 18, 2016, 11:06:09 am »

It ends today at some point. 10am PST I think.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12732 on: January 18, 2016, 03:06:10 pm »

CONSORTIUM is definitely an interesting game. Though I had no idea what was going on half the time, having not played that mobile game that explains the setting.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12733 on: January 20, 2016, 12:42:47 am »

The latest humble bundle is currently ~$10 for XCOM: Enemy Unknown and all of the DLC plus Civ's 3-5, or for $5 more ($15 total) you also get Beyond Earth and one Civ:BE DLC as well. Considering that with the Long War mod I've put in over 230 hours into XCOM alone, I highly suggest picking it up if you don't have those games already.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

theking01

« Reply #12734 on: January 20, 2016, 02:43:00 am »

On steam can you send other people games ?
Pages: 1 ... 847 848 [849] 850 851 ... 1134