Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 834 835 [836] 837 838 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457254 times)

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12525 on: December 03, 2015, 01:54:13 am »

http://www.gog.com/promo/winter_sale_star_wars_saber_bundle_021215

KOTOR 1: Good RPG if you fancy early 00's Bioware.
Republic Commando: Decent FPS gameplay, but it really shines with its look on the grittier side of Star Wars as you play the titular commandos.

What really sells that bundle are the three Jedi Knight games. If better light sabreing, forcewielding, stormtrooper slaying games have been made I'd like to hear it.

As for my own purchases, I'm assuming that the X-Wing/Tie-Fighter games from this bundle are worthy purchases for someone who enjoys Freespace and Wing Commander series:
http://www.gog.com/promo/winter_sale_star_wars_blaster_bundle_021215

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #12526 on: December 04, 2015, 08:20:39 am »

I'm getting the first witcher for 99p.

Edit: Actually, got the exchange wrong. Google corrects me and says it's 98p. Stupid know it all google.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 08:35:07 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12527 on: December 04, 2015, 11:10:24 am »

Shadow Complex is free this month on PC(although you need an epic account).  If you download it you have it permanently. 

https://www.epicgames.com/shadowcomplex/

Its supposed to be a fairly good metrovania apparently.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #12528 on: December 04, 2015, 03:20:51 pm »

Seems Epic is yet another one of those companies that requires use of their launcher and an internet connection to play their game, or this game at the least.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12529 on: December 04, 2015, 03:25:10 pm »

Crosspost from the free thread, for visibility.

The guy that did The Stanley Parable released a short little free game on Steam today... called Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist

News blurb @ Polygon ... Game @ Steam
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12530 on: December 04, 2015, 07:26:38 pm »

Shadow Complex is free this month on PC(although you need an epic account).  If you download it you have it permanently. 

https://www.epicgames.com/shadowcomplex/

Its supposed to be a fairly good metrovania apparently.

My interest is piqued! Think I'll run out and....

Seems Epic is yet another one of those companies that requires use of their launcher and an internet connection to play their game, or this game at the least.

....play something else.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12531 on: December 04, 2015, 08:13:35 pm »

Is that a real problem with a free game? I haven't heard anything shady about Epic.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12532 on: December 04, 2015, 08:31:01 pm »

Just kinda becoming a principle thing, ya know? After a Steam, Desura, Origin, Battle.net, Ubisoft, Path of Exile, Rockstar Club, LoL, Sunless Sea, Warframe, Warthunder, Mechwarrior, etc... accounts, I get kinda tired of having to step into yet another game company's walled garden for a game I might play for an hour then forget about. I know that's unavoidable to some extent due to the age we live in. But it's not like Epic Games has some huge catalog that requires their own platform to play it on, their own drm, yadda yadda....and it's just a single player game.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12533 on: December 04, 2015, 08:59:04 pm »

So i decided to taky my chances with the GoG "blindbags".
Bought 2.

Game 1
Agrest - Generators of War (or something similar sounding)
Game completely ragged on by the reviews.

Game 2
Gray Matter.
A good game for a change but a genre i don't like.

6$ well spent!
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12534 on: December 04, 2015, 09:35:24 pm »

Just kinda becoming a principle thing, ya know? After a Steam, Desura, Origin, Battle.net, Ubisoft, Path of Exile, Rockstar Club, LoL, Sunless Sea, Warframe, Warthunder, Mechwarrior, etc... accounts, I get kinda tired of having to step into yet another game company's walled garden for a game I might play for an hour then forget about. I know that's unavoidable to some extent due to the age we live in. But it's not like Epic Games has some huge catalog that requires their own platform to play it on, their own drm, yadda yadda....and it's just a single player game.
Although to be fair Epic's launcher appears to have Unreal game engine assets as well. And I thought Desura went under?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12535 on: December 04, 2015, 10:21:45 pm »

Bankruptcy doesn't mean a whole lot to a company.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12536 on: December 04, 2015, 10:36:15 pm »

I think Desura is like a ship that's been fatally damaged and is slowly sinking. It hasn't disappeared below the waterline yet, but it will.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12537 on: December 05, 2015, 04:09:01 am »

YIL uPlay or whatever Ubisoft's Steam wannabe's called is a rootkit, apparently.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12538 on: December 05, 2015, 10:00:42 am »

Anti-virus software does have a history of misidentifying such programs as rootkits.
Of course there's some measure of truth to it...  With the extreme being something like Starforce.  *Technically* legitimate, but it walks talks and quacks like malware.

Uplay isn't bad at all though, Steam installed it with Far Cry 3 and it's just kinda there when I play Far Cry.  Had to make an account to do multiplayer and acquire points through achievements (used to buy certain DLC, a system I kinda like).  But that was easy and by default you can just X it out when done with Far Cry or whatever.  And FC3 uses the Steam overlay just fine, *and* the Uplay overlay, without issues.

Unless Uplay has been doing some spying I haven't heard about.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12539 on: December 05, 2015, 10:13:10 am »

That just sounds like achievement based unlockables masquerading as free dlc.
Pages: 1 ... 834 835 [836] 837 838 ... 1134