Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457340 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12480 on: November 25, 2015, 02:27:56 pm »

Fallout 3 for $2.50 if you're totally cheap and still haven't played it
What if you're feeling really cheap but haven't played either it or new vegas? They're both on sale.
New Vegas is buggier in vanilla but is better once modded, and has less stupid shit going on in the plot (though there's still more than enough).

Your choice between mostly-empty desert or green wasteland full of FUCKING COLLAPSED BUILDINGS BLOCKING EVERYTHING AND FUCKING UNDERGROUND ZOMBIE LEVELS annoying things and failed memes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12481 on: November 25, 2015, 02:38:40 pm »

Far Cry 4 had its Canadian price increased to 134.95 for the sale.  I think I'll wait on that one.

-50%   (CDN$ 134.95)  CDN$ 67.47

Edit:  Nevermind, it looks like my wishlist is bugged and its reporting the price of the franchise pack instead of the actual item I wishlisted.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 02:41:27 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12482 on: November 25, 2015, 03:24:52 pm »

Far Cry 4 had its Canadian price increased to 134.95 for the sale.  I think I'll wait on that one.

Edit:  Nevermind, it looks like my wishlist is bugged and its reporting the price of the franchise pack instead of the actual item I wishlisted.
Not sure if its a bug or if its steam informing you there's a better deal than the asking price.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12483 on: November 25, 2015, 03:28:12 pm »

Not sure if its a bug or if its steam informing you there's a better deal than the asking price.

Yeah, that might be the case.  :)  It was confusing either way. 

I wonder why Far Cry 4 didn't get its own discount?  Not that I'd get it at 50% off either though.  :D

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12484 on: November 25, 2015, 03:39:01 pm »

*looks at stuff I really want to buy*

GODDAMNIT!! I already have enough of a backlog.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12485 on: November 25, 2015, 04:20:36 pm »

Age of Wonders III is at 70% off at 9 Euro here. Worth it?

I think I put about 10 to 15 hours into it. My problem with the AoW and a lot of 4X games is, they start out promising before devolving into same-y units, same-y upgrades and same-y towns. That first couple of towns you start up it's cool, you expand your kindgdom, tralalala. But once you get out to conquer the map, I felt like the game ran out of interesting things to show me and started recycling everything. Towns are super disappointing in how they develop.

For 9 Euro, it's probably worth it if you enjoyed previous AoW. But it honestly doesn't distinguish itself from Warlock, Eador or the half dozen other bland 4x games we've seen lately.

How close to launch was that? I got in pretty late, after they patched a lot of differentiation in the game. I agree that it's not a revolutionary title, but I found it to be a very smooth and polished experience. Well worth the asking price. Steam claims I spent 70 hours in, some of that with Golden Realms expansion.

And for my random retro recommendation, Armed & Dangerous is a hilarious 3rd person shooter from early 2000's, only 1,50€:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/6090

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12486 on: November 25, 2015, 04:24:51 pm »

I was hoping Chaos Reborn would get to at least 50% off, but I'm probably going to buy it anyway to play with my roommate. 

Kind of tempted by Druid's Duel, for the same reason. 

I'm starting to think Shovel Knight will never get a good discount.   :P

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12487 on: November 25, 2015, 04:26:40 pm »

Elite: Dangerous for $15

Isn't there a stand-alone expansion adding new features to Elite: Dangerous coming out soon, so you'd have to re-buy it anyways?

IIRC it's free for kickstarter backers but nobody else.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12488 on: November 25, 2015, 04:54:52 pm »

Elite: Dangerous for $15

Isn't there a stand-alone expansion adding new features to Elite: Dangerous coming out soon, so you'd have to re-buy it anyways?

IIRC it's free for kickstarter backers but nobody else.

Yeah, it's a total ripoff. But it's only planetary landings, and it doesn't AFAIK prevent you from playing with only the original release. And if you don't give two shits about whatever the fuck they did for implementing yet-another-shitty-exploration-game you can just keep flying around like always, since you're still in the same game/server universe.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12489 on: November 25, 2015, 05:33:58 pm »

Endless Legend and its expansions are all 66% off except the expansion that released this month, at 25% off instead (which is nice, considering many other games do not discount the latest dlc). Dungeon of the Endless, by the same company, is also discounted (66% off, except the latest DLC, which is as above). Keep in mind that for both of those, you need to manually install some of the free add-ons by going to their store pages.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 05:35:33 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12490 on: November 25, 2015, 08:07:58 pm »

Just scored the Carpe Fulgur collection(includes Recettear and Fortune Summoners, two very kawaii games) for $10. Was $50.

Adding that to the other stuff I already bought... I think I should really stop looking at the Steam store page. Seriously. I don't think my willpower can hold.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12491 on: November 26, 2015, 01:43:58 am »

Great choices, Akura. If those are the only two purchases you make this sale I think they will be worth it :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12492 on: November 26, 2015, 03:09:39 am »

Just scored the Carpe Fulgur collection(includes Recettear and Fortune Summoners, two very kawaii games) for $10. Was $50.

Adding that to the other stuff I already bought... I think I should really stop looking at the Steam store page. Seriously. I don't think my willpower can hold.

It's pretty odd that the Carpe Fulgur collection doesn't include The Starry Midnight Sky We Make.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12493 on: November 26, 2015, 03:32:29 am »

Capitalism ho!
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12494 on: November 26, 2015, 06:40:43 am »

Distant Worlds: Universe is on at %50 off which is probably the biggest discount I've seen it at.
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 1134