Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457458 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #12390 on: October 29, 2015, 05:20:10 pm »

Galak-Z has been released at 20% off on Steam.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12391 on: October 29, 2015, 05:48:11 pm »

Witcher 3 is 30 percent off, which is pretty cool, if my comp could run it, which it can't, so sads.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12392 on: October 29, 2015, 05:53:03 pm »

Witcher 3 is 30 percent off, which is pretty cool, if my comp could run it, which it can't, so sads.
Isn't the Witcher 3 very well optimized?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12393 on: October 29, 2015, 06:05:50 pm »

Isn't the Witcher 3 very well optimized?
Probably, but I'm running a Radeon 6950, which is under the minimum specs...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12394 on: October 29, 2015, 06:29:13 pm »

I can get it to play on minimum at 30fps on my Surface Pro 3. That doesn't even have a real graphics card.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12395 on: October 29, 2015, 06:47:58 pm »

I can get it to play on minimum at 30fps on my Surface Pro 3. That doesn't even have a real graphics card.
Are you sure?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12396 on: October 29, 2015, 06:53:10 pm »

its got an integrated intel GPU, various performance levels depending on model.  Haswell, I think:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7072/intel-hd-5000-vs-hd-4000-vs-hd-4400

Its not a modern nvidia flagship chipset or anything, but it blows the pants off my voodoo2.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12397 on: October 29, 2015, 06:59:14 pm »

I was expecting an intel chip, just...the last one of those I'd seen was rather crap at things that were newer than 5 years.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12398 on: October 29, 2015, 07:03:36 pm »

My wife got a lenovo with an integrated intel card a few years back, and it was pretty doggy on Civ5.  Dont know if it was a problem with intel in general, or just the one they shipped with that model.

reviews of these seem better.  But yeah, they are the kind of thing that you only use for previous generation graphics.  Maybe Witcher is in that camp, 'previous generation' these days is still pretty boss.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12399 on: October 29, 2015, 08:09:44 pm »

Intels are generally crap GPU's. You get what you pay for and amd or nvidia laptops cost more.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12400 on: October 29, 2015, 08:43:22 pm »

Are you sure?
Ya.

Here's a Youtube video of a guy doing it on the Surface Pro 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoToxwhLBFQ

However, I personally found that a lot of games don't run well on the Surface. It's just Witcher 3 is well optimized (and even then it's on super minimum settings...). I haven't had much luck with anything that wasn't turn-based or graphically un-intensive like CK2, XCOM, or Rance. That being said, I do use Steam Stream and that works pretty great.

My point though was that even the craptastic graphics of the Surface can still play Witcher 3.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12401 on: October 29, 2015, 09:11:21 pm »

Minimum specs usually just specify what it has been tested on, not what it actually needs. Think about it, testing on various hardware costs money and is time consuming, so they only target testing to a specific range of hardware. Then, they say "recommended specs" for whatever gear it's been tested on. That also covers their asses in case it doesn't run properly on older cards.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #12402 on: October 29, 2015, 09:25:09 pm »

Looks like the hitman series is also on sale on Steam for a pretty low price (but not related to the whole Halloween thing). Is there any game in the pack that would make it not worth it?

The first game is.... well, I guess let's say it has not aged well. I did finish it, but I remember it being rather frustrating

I have not played absolution yet.

The other ones are all decent from what I remember, though you might want to double check they will run on a modern OS.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12403 on: October 29, 2015, 09:28:59 pm »

I can't remember if I read anything about this at an earlier date but apparently on the 28th of October a remake of "The Logical Journey of the Zoombinis" was finished and released. The remake is simply called "Zoombinis".

An educational game, most of you who remember this I'm sure played it at school. It is a series of puzzles, one for each screen, where the goal is to get as many of the varied Zoombinis to their newly founded city.

At $7.50, the game is well made, colourful and, while maybe not particularly hard, still entertaining for a bit. I have seen on the forums some people having issues with sounds and a few bugs here and there so maybe check the companies likelihood of releasing a patch before buying.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12404 on: October 29, 2015, 09:58:32 pm »

Looks like the hitman series is also on sale on Steam for a pretty low price (but not related to the whole Halloween thing). Is there any game in the pack that would make it not worth it?

The first game is.... well, I guess let's say it has not aged well. I did finish it, but I remember it being rather frustrating

I have not played absolution yet.

The other ones are all decent from what I remember, though you might want to double check they will run on a modern OS.
Blood Money should work find on 7. Have not tried the others.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 1134