Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457975 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #11940 on: July 18, 2015, 03:58:21 pm »

My Cossacks 2 copy comes from GamersGate, and it works fine. Hopefully that means GoG's version isn't the only working one (they don't actually offer Cossacks 2, actually).

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11941 on: July 18, 2015, 09:50:49 pm »

I guess this is in anticipation of Cossacks 3 coming out?  I expect there will be additional sales on the franchise as the release gets closer (and possibly bundles after it comes out)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11942 on: July 18, 2015, 11:45:43 pm »

Someone probably mentioned this months ago when the bundle started, but the Shadow of Mordor bundle is still active. I can only assume it's a permanent thing or the publisher somehow forgot about it.

Anyway, I happened across it for about the tenth time and decided to finally purchase as I was looking for something new. It's quite fun, though some may not like it. The combat is somewhat similar to that of the Arkham games and you either love it or hate it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11943 on: July 19, 2015, 08:43:39 am »

Someone probably mentioned this months ago when the bundle started, but the Shadow of Mordor bundle is still active. I can only assume it's a permanent thing or the publisher somehow forgot about it.

Anyway, I happened across it for about the tenth time and decided to finally purchase as I was looking for something new. It's quite fun, though some may not like it. The combat is somewhat similar to that of the Arkham games and you either love it or hate it.
Also it has an absurd download size at 40GB.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11944 on: July 19, 2015, 09:19:13 am »

absurd. pssh. ::) In my day we would download a 100mb file over several days, and we were happy if it only took that long. :P

Really though, anyone with any level of broadband won't have a problem downloading that much if they've just a bit of patience.
I just finished (re)d/l Divinity Original Sin (15GB) over a (shitty and never up to speed) 1.5 Mbps connection. Only took most of the day, and that was with it rate-limited so that I could still browse otherwise.
Anyone that would even consider downloading mainstream games would have something at least as good as my connection.
As an example, I can't even reliably stream 480p from youtube without interruption.
If they don't have that much, then they're almost certainly are on dialup, and aren't even considering downloading anything larger than the smaller flash games.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #11945 on: July 19, 2015, 09:28:05 am »

Not everyone has the option of fast internet. My download speed tops out at about 300 kbps on a good day, and there are no other options for faster service. It would take me several days to download 30 Gb - so that alone is enough to make me pass on the game.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11946 on: July 19, 2015, 09:34:31 am »

absurd. pssh. ::) In my day we would download a 100 10mb file over several days, and we were happy if it only took that long. :P

And we'd start over if someone picked up the phone.

A 30gb download on anything but a torrent is still absurd.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #11947 on: July 19, 2015, 09:43:03 am »

I remember back in the day when I tried to install a demo of that Starship Troopers strategy and it wanted to nomnom a whooping 110mb. Absolutely scandalous. Also back in the day, I used to run windows with 10+mb of free space and being reminded from time to time my disk space is 100% full.

Honestly, I miss those days sometimes. We were naive and young, but gaming was so simple and fun.

* Sinistar dozes off and falls off his rocking-chair
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11948 on: July 19, 2015, 09:48:06 am »

Thing is that with the old consoles finally out of the way, you can expect most games, even some indie ones, to take 30gb+ of space from now on. Soon we'll be complaining about 100gb downloads instead.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11949 on: July 19, 2015, 09:53:44 am »

100gb downloads and still getting monthly caps from certain US broadband suppliers. You'd think console makers would push back on these things. Some put up a front against such tyranny, but they vote with their dollars for it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11950 on: July 19, 2015, 09:55:38 am »

Thing is that with the old consoles finally out of the way, you can expect most games, even some indie ones, to take 30gb+ of space from now on. Soon we'll be complaining about 100gb downloads instead.
I'll be fine with games the average size of Shadow of Mordor as soon as the isps get their shit together and actually compete with google fiber for speeds. (And stop with the profit-caps, but thats even less likely)

Until then I'd prefer things to be <20GB, as I'd rather wait part of the day rather than all of it for one non-torrent download.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11951 on: July 19, 2015, 01:55:31 pm »

I have all my steam on a ssd. I'm not complaining because the benefits are great, and I get a free inventory tetris minigame  :)
Having not played the batman games or assassin's creed since the first, I found SoM fresh and exciting. Well executed and I replayed a lot via the open world challenge modes. Nothing fancy in those, they just give you a simple goal (kill 5/every captain asap, don't die much). Challenge captains pregenned too so I started killing the first few each run. Had to clear disk space eventually though. I think there's a new DLC actually...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11952 on: July 20, 2015, 08:04:50 am »

I have all my steam on a ssd.
How big is your ssd?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11953 on: July 20, 2015, 08:28:48 am »

Sins of a Solar Empire:Rebellion is on sale at GMG for around $6, if you add the voucher ITADEA-LGMGSA-LESVVC on top of the current sale. Results in a steam key.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11954 on: July 20, 2015, 08:33:27 am »

I have all my steam on a ssd.
How big is your ssd?
About 168GB, ~70GB of which is available for steamapps.  I'm checking with WinDirStat, most savegames are stored off in the user directory of course.  It's a good thing my download speed is pretty fast, when it isn't randomly disconnecting.  Which hardly happens anymore.  I currently have most of the space dedicated to:
Planetside 2 (15.8GB, I only play this occasionally but when I want to I really want to)
Far Cry 3 (11GB, I get a *lot* of replay out of personal challenge runs here)
Skyrim (9.9GB, I don't dare delete this and lose my mods.  Even with Nexus Mod Manager I worry)
Age of Empires 3 (3.7GB, quite fun with friends)
Demigod (3.0GB, I play it for the backstories!  Actual gameplay has gotten tedious though)
and so on.  Notably CK2 is only 1.7GB, which is amazing fun/GB, buuut I have 2.2GB of CK2 *savegames* I need to sort through.

I'm not sure how I would clear 40GB for SoM again :(
Well actually I would hook up the hard drive out of my bricked NAS and move non-steam stuff over to it.  Sometime.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 1134