Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457013 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread [STEAM SUMMER SALE - LAG INCLUDED WITH EVERY PURCHASE]
« Reply #11460 on: June 11, 2015, 06:57:23 pm »

Hey! Hey, listen! Valkyria Chronicles for $4.99. Buy that shit, yo. SupCom: FA for $7.49. Buy that shit too. Homeworld Remastered Collection for $13.99. If you don't buy that, it compounds with not buying Valkyria Chronicles and SupCom to indicate that you have zero taste if you like  strategy games.  :P
But...but...how can I buy it if I already own it?  Does that mean I have zero taste in strategy games?  Ah, my entire world has been cast asunder.

((Actually, seriously considering rebuying some of them since I own none of them on Steam, though I really shouldn't...))
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 07:01:37 pm by Culise »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11461 on: June 11, 2015, 07:13:22 pm »

Hey! Hey, listen! Valkyria Chronicles for $4.99. Buy that shit, yo. SupCom: FA for $7.49. Buy that shit too. Homeworld Remastered Collection for $13.99. If you don't buy that, it compounds with not buying Valkyria Chronicles and SupCom to indicate that you have zero taste if you like  strategy games.  :P
But...but...how can I buy it if I already own it?  Does that mean I have zero taste in strategy games?  Ah, my entire world has been cast asunder.

((Actually, seriously considering rebuying some of them since I own none of them on Steam, though I really shouldn't...))
Heh, that's what I did. Still got my Homeworld discs kicking around, but it was worth the re-buy. I also have something else on the same shelf that it's had for the past 15 years...

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11463 on: June 11, 2015, 08:31:50 pm »

I almost suggested SimEarth's manual, but SimAnt's was probably better.
The "Sim Earth Bible" strategy guide/biology textbook was great though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11464 on: June 11, 2015, 08:58:25 pm »

Supcom:FA is incredible and is great even today. Hell, it's probably best you play it now instead of when it came out because at least now you can actually run it.
Huh... well then. Guess I'm an outlier then.
Bought it when it came out, with the semi-mistaken impression it would work as a replacement instead of buying SupCom basic.
Picked up that and Orange Box at the same time. A good trip to the store.
(This was in the time before decent broadband was widespread or cheap, so the disc version was preferred. I had only recently stopped playing Red Alert over modem at that time. And now I'm gonna go play an original copy of Heroes 3:WoG so that making myself feel so old isn't all bad. :P)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11465 on: June 11, 2015, 09:09:40 pm »

Homeworld is Homeworld. If you don't like Homeworld you should throw yourself off a cliff so we don't have to deal with your lack of taste and it doesn't spread to other humans like the contagion you are.

Being someone who has tried and found the game is not for me, I find this a bit offensive.
You are entitled to your opinion, just don't write off those who have different tastes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm sorry. I wasn't born in the "I'm offended by everything" generation so I was being completely 100% serious. Where would you like me to mail your copy of Cliff Guides: Throwing Yourself Off & You to?
Sweden, any random address will do. I'll probably get the copy, eventually.
How about knock off with this shit?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11466 on: June 11, 2015, 09:21:55 pm »

'tis been a punchy day in the ye olde Sales thread. Must be the heat.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11467 on: June 11, 2015, 09:58:23 pm »

Supcom:FA is incredible and is great even today. Hell, it's probably best you play it now instead of when it came out because at least now you can actually run it.
Huh... well then. Guess I'm an outlier then.
Bought it when it came out, with the semi-mistaken impression it would work as a replacement instead of buying SupCom basic.
Picked up that and Orange Box at the same time. A good trip to the store.
(This was in the time before decent broadband was widespread or cheap, so the disc version was preferred. I had only recently stopped playing Red Alert over modem at that time. And now I'm gonna go play an original copy of Heroes 3:WoG so that making myself feel so old isn't all bad. :P)

Ouch, that's right, I forgot that it used to not be standalone. Now all you're missing by getting only FA is the original's campaigns, and FA's campaigns are better anyways.

3. Run Resize Enable

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11468 on: June 11, 2015, 10:06:00 pm »

Definitely. The only reason you'd want to play the original's campaigns is just to learn what's going on. It's pretty boring otherwise as half of each faction's missions are just tutorials and the other half are fairly boring. It's only in the final mission for each faction that they actually give you all the toys to play with.

FA on the other hand just throws you off the deep end with a bald old guy who hates you. First mission? Build your base or die. You have 3 minutes. Here come 70 heavy gunships to annihilate your base. Deal with it or die. Base finished? Here come four experimentals.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11469 on: June 11, 2015, 10:17:16 pm »

I had the original Supreme Commander since it was released and quite enjoyed it. I never thought to get the expansion because it didn't seem to add that much. For some reason I ended up with the expansion after I put in my CD Key for the base game on Steam and it turns out the expansion changes quite a bit more than adds one new faction.

The A.I. is improved quite a bit so they make better use of units to attack your base in ways you aren't defended. The cost and build time of experimentals is also lowered so they play a bigger part in combat (though their health is lowered so they're not as tough). The factions have also had new units and buildings added to their lists, such as the Cybrans gaining gunships for every tier as well as a stationary building assister.

Another important change is the FOV of units is updated much more frequently. I don't know how to explain it properly but you know how sometimes the field of view in games can move kind of square by square? The expansion changes it so the FOV is a smooth moving circle around the unit which makes using spy planes and their high speed much more precise.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11470 on: June 11, 2015, 11:24:28 pm »

It also pretty seriously altered the nature of multiplayer matches on primarily ocean maps, 'cause Yathsou:P

3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11471 on: June 11, 2015, 11:45:12 pm »

The biggest change in FA is air.  Air in the original was a joke.  The T1 air defense offered a mediocre air defense, while both the T2 and T3 offered such complete air defense that once you had a dozen of them up there was basically no point in using air except as a gimmick.  Both the air experimentals would die in seconds to a half-dozen SAMs and could only target a single thing at once.

Now air units have significant health pools and you need to clump AA around everything important, or get interceptors, or get wrecked.  My brother described air in the original as "like now, but with ten times less health".

The game in general was made much more aggressive.  Experimentals move much faster and get built earlier, but they also have less health so if you're the kind of clever asshole who tries to use them as big turrets they get killed by artillery.  Everything moves faster and dies faster in general, which helps to alleviate the issue of "by the time my armies arrive the enemy has better armies".  Point defense is no longer nigh-unbreakable.  Just a more fun game in general.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #11472 on: June 12, 2015, 04:59:41 am »

Hrm... I really want Darkest Dungeon, but it's still a bit pricey. I don't suppose there's any chance of it getting cheaper during the sale? Maybe I should wait for a while, until it's cheaper (and also finished). My backlog inspires fear into the hearts of warriors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11473 on: June 12, 2015, 07:47:48 am »

Generally the rule is if it's on flash sale, that's as cheap as it's going.

I'm waiting, personally; the aesthetic is incredible, sure, but it's not a top priority for me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #11474 on: June 12, 2015, 07:54:55 am »

Well, it's not on a flash sale, just a daily deal. But I think I'm going to wait. I already have too many games to play (and half the time I end up just playing Minecraft anyway!).
Pages: 1 ... 763 764 [765] 766 767 ... 1134