Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 761 762 [763] 764 765 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456924 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: SALES Thread [STEAM SUMMER SALE - PREPARE YOUR BANK ACCOUNTS]
« Reply #11430 on: June 11, 2015, 02:26:31 pm »

Oh, wow, this game sure is a laggy mess. I hope it gets better over the course of the sale. I like idle games! I'm definitely in on a team effort, if/when the game starts working properly.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11431 on: June 11, 2015, 02:28:36 pm »

So are there any bay12 teams on this promotional game thing dealio? I see a few people on my list started a game, and I'd rather join a group from here than random pugs on the interweb at large.
I'd love to join a bay12 effort.
DFC has a small group going right now

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #11432 on: June 11, 2015, 02:32:01 pm »

I can't even get it to list which of my friends are playing. When the game loads, *sometimes* it actually loads all the way and functions for about 3 seconds before freezing. I guess I'll have to just come back to it once the servers have started to recover from the start of the sale...

You know, you would think that they would know that the servers are going to take a hit on the first couple of days, and, I don't know, prepare for it somehow? Is that crazy?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11433 on: June 11, 2015, 02:35:51 pm »

I got into the game fine although it was really laggy. And a little later I wasn't sure if my hits were actually doing anything so I left.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #11434 on: June 11, 2015, 02:48:18 pm »

Grr.... Nope, I can't even get into the game at all. Just constantly refreshing the page. Now and then it'll load up completely and run for a few seconds, then it just freezes or boots me out. I can't join anyone else's game, it's not loading any of my stats, just, nothing. I don't know if it's because I'm too far from the servers or what, but I give up for tonight. So frustrating! I really wanna play!!!

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11435 on: June 11, 2015, 03:02:23 pm »

Is Enchanced Steam still the go-to addon for adding price history while viewing the store page in Firefox, or has it been surpassed by another addon?

Presently while viewing products, it reports "error loading enhanced steam data" but I'm not 100% sure if there is a conflict with another addon, full-out broken, or if it is just overworked because of the sale (especially if it is relying on, for example, steamdb).

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11436 on: June 11, 2015, 03:03:17 pm »

Isthereanydeal is working alright atm, though it is not an addon.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread [STEAM SUMMER SALE - LAG INCLUDED WITH EVERY PURCHASE]
« Reply #11437 on: June 11, 2015, 03:49:31 pm »

Mainly I was looking for an easy way to find out the lowest price on my wishlist games without having to cross reference or copy app codes, which is what a plugin/addon and the steam web store would allow. (steamdb can highlight titles if you steam-login with a public profile but this still requires you browse the list for the game.)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11438 on: June 11, 2015, 04:05:55 pm »

Searching for a game on steamdb isn't too bad, assuming your wishlist isn't massive.

If anyone is looking for an easier way to browse through what's on sale in general, I'd recommend using steamdb.info and sorting the "summer sale" list by user rating. Normally I don't put much stock in ratings like that, but with about 5000 games on sale right now (with the vast majority being utter garbage shoveled in through greenlight) it helps quite a bit to see the well rated ones first.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11439 on: June 11, 2015, 04:43:37 pm »

So, as far as I can tell (since steam is lagging so hard I cannot even see anything), they decided that an in-browser game on steam during a steam summer sale was a good idea and would not nuke their servers?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11440 on: June 11, 2015, 04:51:29 pm »

So, as far as I can tell (since steam is lagging so hard I cannot even see anything), they decided that an in-browser game on steam during a steam summer sale was a good idea and would not nuke their servers?
Maybe they actually had enough servers for the sale this time and then had this idea.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #11441 on: June 11, 2015, 05:04:04 pm »

Been faffing about on the Steam game thingy for awhile now due to hell of it. Stuck on the LVL 10 boss level right now cause everything seems like it respawns unless you kill everything at once (sans the boss, he ded. so ded).

Basically, seems like you need/(is useful to have) a moderate amount of cooperation without any actual way to communicate in game.

Wonder if any meta groups forming...
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11442 on: June 11, 2015, 05:09:41 pm »

LoS and pootrak both have pretty active games atm.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11443 on: June 11, 2015, 05:18:29 pm »

So I bought The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, because of the sale.
I know it's not anything like XCOM, but I figured that the current price could be worth a few hours of entertainment.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 05:32:15 pm by Ultimuh »

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #11444 on: June 11, 2015, 05:26:19 pm »

LoS and pootrak both have pretty active games atm.

Hmm... does it wipe your upgrades if you switch games?
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon
Pages: 1 ... 761 762 [763] 764 765 ... 1134