Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456708 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #11355 on: June 06, 2015, 12:05:29 am »

If you grabbed them during the brief window while they were free, they're still in your GoG library, of course. I looked and they're in mine.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11356 on: June 06, 2015, 12:13:45 am »

Oh I know that. I was playing my GoG copy of Fallout: Tactics only a few days ago. I'm just annoyed that I can't direct my friends to a version that is guaranteed to work since buying old games (and rapidly new games) on Steam is basically throwing the dice on whether it will even load up or not.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11357 on: June 06, 2015, 12:14:43 am »

Ah, but your copy has no DRM, so... If the steam version does not work...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11358 on: June 06, 2015, 12:35:41 am »

Certainly a possibility but made a little bit harder since a lot of friends have moved away or even overseas. They also want to build their own digital library and have all their games in the same place (or at least spread only across a couple digital storefronts).

Now actually back on topic: GoG has Deadly Premonition for 90% off. It's a rather polarising game but personally I adore it to bits. The PC port is a bit jank but the same guy who did the Dark Souls PC patch came out with fix that mostly cleans everything up. pcgamingwiki has an excellent page about it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 12:40:03 am by Catastrophic lolcats »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #11359 on: June 06, 2015, 02:45:09 am »

Just as an option, you can always include all your games in your Steam library. You can add non-Steam games to the library, and it will even tell your friends when you're playing them, it just won't track your time spent playing or give you the Steam overlay in-game.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11360 on: June 06, 2015, 03:38:03 am »

Just as an option, you can always include all your games in your Steam library. You can add non-Steam games to the library, and it will even tell your friends when you're playing them, it just won't track your time spent playing or give you the Steam overlay in-game.
Actually it can give you the Steam overlay when you are running an external game/program through Steam. I've had it up on Notepad before. :P It still won't interface to the rest of the Steam game specific features like guides/discussion boards that are on Steam though, although you can manually navigate to them.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 03:40:11 am by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11361 on: June 06, 2015, 06:38:59 am »

Skullgirls in on sale on steam for one day left. 80% off, $3.

This shit is so awesome oh man. IT'S SO HYPE. If you like fighting games GET THIS.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11362 on: June 06, 2015, 07:04:55 am »

Skullgirls in on sale on steam for one day left. 80% off, $3.

This shit is so awesome oh man. IT'S SO HYPE. If you like fighting games GET THIS.

Yeah, Skullgirls' very good. Awesome training mode, tutorials for general techniques and even each character. The character designs are unique, their move sets too. I've never seen a grabber like Cerebella (and recently, Beowulf) in any fighting games. A truckload of references and salutes to other fighting games and animes.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11363 on: June 06, 2015, 08:32:43 am »

Per the RPS Bargain Bucket: a pay-what-you-want Paradox bundle including Majesty 2, Warlock: Masters of the Arcane, and something called a Game of Dwarves. Also other games. Ends in six days.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11364 on: June 06, 2015, 11:49:33 am »

I was about to ask if Warlock was worth it, but then I discovered that it's in my inventory.  Sometimes I wish that I actually played games.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11365 on: June 06, 2015, 11:52:59 am »

and something called a Game of Dwarves.
It's comparable to a shallow 3d rendered version of DF fortress mode, but with goals/objectives/quests.
Worth a couple bucks. Lots of playtime in the single player campaign.
Majesty and Warlock are probably worth the current BTA. The rest is bonus.
Heck, Warlock alone would be since it's the all DLC version. (And not just vanity DLCs.)

Interesting to note that RPS's PWYW seems to have a 5$ minimum. Still a good deal if you don't several already.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 11:55:29 am by n9103 »

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #11366 on: June 06, 2015, 11:58:19 am »

Argh, Majesty 2.. Why couldn't it be Majesty 1?
Well, if that's what you wanted, it's far cheaper on Amazon atm.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11367 on: June 09, 2015, 12:31:12 am »

It's FEF, not FEOF

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #11368 on: June 09, 2015, 12:40:11 am »

I was about to ask if Warlock was worth it, but then I discovered that it's in my inventory.  Sometimes I wish that I actually played games.

Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11369 on: June 09, 2015, 08:21:37 am »

Guys, free money

But I don't want digital 3DS games and I'm not going to spend $100 on Steam anytime in the next year.
Pages: 1 ... 756 757 [758] 759 760 ... 1134