Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456573 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #11115 on: May 15, 2015, 03:29:57 pm »

I, for one, would recommend Covert Action. It has problems associated with being an old game, but when things start going right it's really fun.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11116 on: May 15, 2015, 05:22:59 pm »

Humble Weekly Bundle is RPG's. Includes Paper Sorcerer and Sanctuary RPG. Sanctuary is probably worth it. I don't know about Agarest at all.
From the video on the humble page, its by at least one of the devs related to neptunia, involves isometric fights & wedding dresses, and has some sort of anime-ish theme in the background. Also a very short glimpse at some sort of world map with a turn counter and a generation number.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11117 on: May 15, 2015, 06:00:28 pm »

Humble Weekly Bundle is RPG's. Includes Paper Sorcerer and Sanctuary RPG. Sanctuary is probably worth it. I don't know about Agarest at all.

Agarest is terrible, grindy, borderline pedophilia stuff. So, if you like fighting enemies over and over (and over) in underbaked RPG mechanics and attempting to romance 12 year olds in underbaked dating sim stuff, I guess it would be your thing.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11118 on: May 15, 2015, 06:04:57 pm »

Agarest is terrible, grindy, borderline pedophilia stuff. So, if you like fighting enemies over and over (and over) in underbaked RPG mechanics and attempting to romance 12 year olds in underbaked dating sim stuff, I guess it would be your thing.

I'm glad I gave most of my money to Sanctuary and Charity, then.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11119 on: May 15, 2015, 09:37:44 pm »

Psh, I actually somewhat enjoyed Agarest (though yeah, grindy as fuck, and definitely not everyone's cup of tea). That one was the worst of the series so far though. At only $3 extra I'd say it's up to whether or not you think you might enjoy a very grindy JRPG-ish thing.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11120 on: May 15, 2015, 11:03:15 pm »

My experience with Agarest went as follows:

1. Oh cool, a dating sim / JPRG. Might as well give it a shot.
2. Are they seriously doing this kind of intro?
3. Holy shit how long is this intro!?
4. STOP FUCKING TALKING! HOLY FUCK WHO'S IDEA WAS THIS INTRO TO LAST TEN YEARS?!
5. Uninstall.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11121 on: May 16, 2015, 12:28:42 am »

From the video on the humble page, its by at least one of the devs related to neptunia, involves isometric fights & wedding dresses, and has some sort of anime-ish theme in the background. Also a very short glimpse at some sort of world map with a turn counter and a generation number.

Pretty sure Agarest is some sort of banana sucking simulator with underage girls. Which doesn't sound creepy at all.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #11122 on: May 16, 2015, 09:03:30 am »

« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 06:10:59 pm by penguinofhonor »

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11123 on: May 16, 2015, 02:25:59 pm »

The XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack is on Humble for 12 dollars.  Is that a good deal?

Tronak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11124 on: May 16, 2015, 03:07:19 pm »

The XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack is on Humble for 12 dollars.  Is that a good deal?

I bought it for that price a month ago and I'm at 40 hours played in an Long war Campaign. I regret nothing. If you have never played it and you like the genre it's very enjoyable.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11125 on: May 16, 2015, 03:16:14 pm »

Indeed, I've already sunk over 206 hours into XCOM with the Long War Campaign and it has been awesome. Definitely worth it at that price. (Though my suggestion is to play through the normal tutorial first to learn how the game works first, and only then switch over to the Long War Mod).
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11126 on: May 16, 2015, 03:24:40 pm »

With over 80 hours on the base game (not even Enemy Within, let alone Long War), it's very much worth it if you like turn based tactical stuff.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11127 on: May 16, 2015, 03:39:12 pm »

I wasn't enamoured by XCom to be honest, felt ridiculously shallow to me and I've only put 9 hours into it on Steam compared to the hundreds I've played the originals over the years.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11128 on: May 16, 2015, 03:42:18 pm »

Honestly I sorta felt a little of the same way up until I switched over to the Long War mod. It changes the vast majority of things I didn't like about the normal game (actually requiring some tactics, more equipment that you can use, equipment potentially getting broken, soldiers requiring rest after missions, no "multiple missions but you can only do one", etc.). It made it actually feel like you were fighting a battle just to stay on an even footing, instead of "challenge, challenge, and now curb-stomps for the rest of the game".
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 03:44:00 pm by i2amroy »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11129 on: May 16, 2015, 03:46:04 pm »

How's paper sorcerer? It looked pretty neat when I looked at it a while back, but appearances can be deceiving.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 1134