Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457111 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10725 on: February 12, 2015, 11:28:17 pm »

Don't worry, Rolan. This
I saw this game that totally, like, had a female main character. Totally aimed at, like bronies. That shit made me puke.
was clearly sarcastic.

We're all bro(nie)s here, right? Let's not argue over this.  :P

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10726 on: February 12, 2015, 11:45:32 pm »

Gee, I really wish I knew of any good sales on video games!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10727 on: February 12, 2015, 11:49:56 pm »

Um. Well.

Lichdom: Battle Mage is the daily deal on Steam. 66% off. It's got kinda middling reviews and I've never played it, but maybe it's okay-ish?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10728 on: February 12, 2015, 11:54:03 pm »

Broforce is 25% off. Alien update.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10729 on: February 13, 2015, 12:36:48 am »

Run or Die is 30% off right now on steam, only $3.49. It's a very fun platform runner, the idea being that you have 5 different skills and are equipped with two ones that you "need" (which can be in either slot) for a given section, swapping to two new skills every 500 units or so. I've already sunk over 2 hours into the game, and I'm nowhere near burnt out on in yet.

Edit: It's also got a really fun set of challenge maps, as well as steam workshop support for users to create their own.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 12:38:22 am by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10730 on: February 13, 2015, 12:08:56 pm »

wego... strategy... Civil War 2

http://www.ageod.com/products/500/details/CivilWarII $20

And the DLC is 50% off too  $10... DLC is offered upon checkout.

Is this a good game/deal?

Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10731 on: February 13, 2015, 04:26:11 pm »

Soooo... About that StarWars bundle over on Humble...

It looks like they DID add the rest of the Jedi Knight / Dark Forces series, with the exception of the Secrets of the Sith expansion. 

Odd choice to leave that out, maybe an oversight.

Anyway, the Steam reviews suggest that compatibility is a major issue and the games run like shit on modern systems.  It sounds like GOG has them working properly, so it is POSSIBLE to make them work.

Does anyone know, if I pick them up on Steam will I be able to run them under DosBox after installing them?  I think that is basically how GOG handles compatibility, and unless Steam has inserted extra DRM then I dont see why it wouldn't also work there.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10732 on: February 13, 2015, 04:32:31 pm »

I haven't had any trouble running JKII Outcast on a Windows 7 machine through Steam.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10733 on: February 13, 2015, 05:03:11 pm »

Nothing says Valentine's Day like DEFCON and Postal 2!

Also some other games on GOG V day sale:
http://www.gog.com/promo/weekend_promo_drmfree_valentines_130215

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10734 on: February 13, 2015, 05:25:39 pm »

Most of those are for the singles. Gotta get your frustrations out somehow.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10735 on: February 14, 2015, 03:43:23 am »

I liked it, and I'm a 34 year old non-brony man.   :P  I also think I was staggeringly bad at it, since it took me a while to beat it.

I haven't played a lot, don't write down notes and every time I play, I tend for forget all previous runs, so to this date I haven't beat it yet.

I've never seen so much pink and death mixed together in a single game.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10736 on: February 14, 2015, 04:05:53 am »

Bronies catch on to preteen girl stuff.
I dispute that. For example, hardly any Bronies like the previous 3 generations of the My Little Pony cartoon at all. No-one will even watch that stuff now, brony or otherwise. That was never a "thing" nor was it a "thing" for brony-types in the past to get into Strawberry Shortcake or Care Bears. You don't hear bronies discussing the Bratz cartoon, or Barbie or anything. You'd be ostracized in bronydom if you liked something like Bratz. Other little girl or pony-related stuff has never gotten a look in with the brony crowd, except in an ironic sense.

The only comparable thing with adult guys getting into a kids/girls show was Power Puff Girls - and that was by the same creator for the new MLP. So, maybe it's a thing that Lauren Faust shows appeal to adults as well as kids, rather than fans of Power Puff Girls or My Little Pony are "into pre-teen girl stuff". I've only watched a few eps of the new MLP, but I can see that the writing is a lot different to typical kids shows, it's more clever, self-referential and it pours the saccharine on in a self-aware style: the sweetness is way over the top to the point of parody.

Also, Long Live the Queen is about the opposite of a pre-teen girl game: it's clearly marketed at late teen and adult anime & RPG fans. It's not the kind of game they make for kids, way too much reading, stat optimization and RPG mechanics to master. It's not a game aimed at < 12's.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 04:24:19 am by Reelya »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10737 on: February 14, 2015, 04:30:48 am »

Enough with the brony stuff jesus christ.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #10738 on: February 14, 2015, 10:07:38 am »

^ Avatar appropriate.

Beggars` Sect

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10739 on: February 14, 2015, 10:48:04 am »

Groupees kindly go back to their DRM-Free roots with Bundle In A Box 3. There`s a few indie games and couple of music albums, but the (rather unexpected) highlight is Covert Action - Sid Meier`s classic from the true Golden Era of videogaming.

(I`m sure somebody would label it an "espionage roguelike" or something these days and it would be a massive indie hit :P)
Pages: 1 ... 714 715 [716] 717 718 ... 1134