Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457167 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10710 on: February 12, 2015, 03:31:21 pm »

I liked it, and I'm a 34 year old non-brony man.   :P  I also think I was staggeringly bad at it, since it took me a while to beat it.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10711 on: February 12, 2015, 04:26:16 pm »

How is it targeted towards bronies, exactly? ???
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #10712 on: February 12, 2015, 04:56:28 pm »

Was about to ask the same thing. Isn't it just, dunno, stat managing and decision making in a colorful, anime style?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10713 on: February 12, 2015, 04:58:01 pm »

It's basically that princess designing game lite. I dunno what he meant by it being marketed to bronies either.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10714 on: February 12, 2015, 05:08:31 pm »

Apologies for asking this here, but I didn't want to start a new thread just for that.

Does Steam have a return policy, and if yes - how does one go about it?
I've just bought another game that I can't run, despite satisfying system requirements listed. I'm pretty sure it's another case of 'forgot to tell you your card needs to support OpenGL five billion'. I've spent too much on this one to let it slide and wait in the library for me to upgrade my laptop.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10715 on: February 12, 2015, 05:13:11 pm »

Apologies for asking this here, but I didn't want to start a new thread just for that.

I've just bought another game that I can't run, despite satisfying system requirements listed. I'm pretty sure it's another case of 'forgot to tell you your card needs to support OpenGL five billion'. I've spent too much on this one to let it slide and wait in the library for me to upgrade my laptop.

Usually you ask support (https://support.steampowered.com/) and they will either refund or not refund, depending on their mood at the time. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10716 on: February 12, 2015, 05:14:16 pm »

It's basically that princess designing game lite. I dunno what he meant by it being marketed to bronies either.
Lite maybe, but also more structure. Seemed more like a visual novel than Princess Maker to me.  Which had lots of scripted events yeah, but was open and nondeterministic. Nothing against VNs, just different type of game.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10717 on: February 12, 2015, 05:28:33 pm »

Bronies catch on to preteen girl stuff.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10718 on: February 12, 2015, 05:30:28 pm »

I'm pretty sure some of the illustrations have horses in.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10719 on: February 12, 2015, 05:37:03 pm »

Usually you ask support (https://support.steampowered.com/) and they will either refund or not refund, depending on their mood at the time. 

Good luck though. Unless your country's laws actually support return AND refund of digital products, they can and probably will outright refuse. It's probably Valve's worst attribute, because even infamous EA allows you to get refunds.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #10720 on: February 12, 2015, 06:41:49 pm »

If you haven't tried to get a refund before, and it's a very recent purchase, AND you can point out a discrepancy from the store listing and the actual product... then you've probably got a good shot at a refund.
Otherwise...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10721 on: February 12, 2015, 07:35:34 pm »

I'd say it's definitely closer to a visual novel than Princess Maker (It's first steam tag is even "Visual Novel"). I'd recommend it if you like Visual Novels, but you might want to give it a pass if you aren't a big fan of that type of game/story thing.

Bronies catch on to preteen girl stuff.
Seriously? That's like saying because you like the show Avatar you must obviously like shows like Hey Arnold and Rugrats because they are both cartoons that aired on Nickelodeon. Try to avoid sweeping generalizations when possible please.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10722 on: February 12, 2015, 07:51:05 pm »

Brony discussions tend to get toxic kinda quickly. Maybe folks should leave off it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10723 on: February 12, 2015, 11:03:47 pm »

I saw this game that totally, like, had a female main character. Totally aimed at, like bronies. That shit made me puke.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10724 on: February 12, 2015, 11:15:14 pm »

Brony discussions tend to get toxic kinda quickly. Maybe folks should leave off it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 [715] 716 717 ... 1134