Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1457024 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10665 on: February 08, 2015, 09:14:00 am »

All the Thief games, including the new one and all DLC, for about $11 on Steam. That's about the price I wanted, considering my interest in the new one, and now I can add the rest of the Thief games to my library.

I didn't see the original The Dark Project on there... maybe Someone else has the rights?

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #10666 on: February 08, 2015, 09:32:12 am »

Star Trek Armada 2 also did that, as did Homeworld.
Ah, Star Trek Armada, right, forgot about that one. I knew about Homeworld though, never played it but I was thinking more along the lines of "classical" RTS with static base building and collecting resources from fixed locations (I mean, doesn't Homeworld have all that mothership thing? And aren't missions more along the lines of being given set amount of units/being limited in production of new ones? I really don't know).

But yeah, should also have said by "oldschool" I meant 2D and more along the veins of C&C/Starcraft. Nevertheless, I think Conquest is pretty cool game.

Also, Outfront? Any more info about that? Can't seem to find anything but the apparent new/up-coming WWII RTS from the same guys who did Men of War, or so I think.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 09:37:21 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10667 on: February 08, 2015, 09:41:45 am »

Anyways, some thoughts on SEIV?

I loved Space Empires IV (and, like you, I played SEIII shareware way back when).  Steer clear of SEV - it had some significant issues at launch and personally I don't think the additional shininess of 3D makes up for what was lost from SEIII/IV.

SEIV's good fun (especially if you liked SEIII), and really comes into its own in terms of modding - the modding community for it was huge (and is still strong, I believe), and there are some excellent mods out there to cater for whatever you want e.g. harder game, easier game, full conversions, slight tweaks to lore and descriptive text, any and everything.

I'd highly recommend it to anybody who likes space-based 4X turn-based strategy.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10668 on: February 08, 2015, 09:42:54 am »

Also, Outfront? Any more info about that? Can't seem to find anything but the apparent new/up-coming WWII RTS from the same guys who did Men of War, or so I think.
Hm. Okay, lemme think. Outfront, outcast, out... there was an out and something. I may have confused it with the other name for Soldiers: Heroes of World War 2.

edit: Found it! Outforce, by O3 Games.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 09:45:25 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10669 on: February 08, 2015, 09:45:03 am »

All the Thief games, including the new one and all DLC, for about $11 on Steam. That's about the price I wanted, considering my interest in the new one, and now I can add the rest of the Thief games to my library.

I didn't see the original The Dark Project on there... maybe Someone else has the rights?

Thief: Gold is Thief: The Dark Project with 2-3 extra levels and some expanded areas on a couple of existing levels. The additions weren't all that great though, and there's one area full of zombies in the bone hoard mission which was really dark, but they decided to fully illuminate it in Thief Gold. This argubly makes it harder to hide from the zombies, but also takes away some atmosphere. They added a cool boss monster into the bone hoard at one point though.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 09:52:26 am by Reelya »

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10670 on: February 08, 2015, 09:51:30 am »

Thief guild mission was pretty bad, the mage mission was... I didn't like it but at the same time it was interestingly different. The opera mission on the other hand was probably best out of anything in Dark Project, so on the whole it's ok I guess :P

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10671 on: February 08, 2015, 07:12:54 pm »

I know this is mostly for vidya, but.

These books all look adorable and great for kiddos, if you have some kids who might be interested in this sort of thing. I'm picking it up myself. There's nine days left on it.

It's got three programming for kids books, a bunch of lego books, and a few "manga physics" books.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10672 on: February 08, 2015, 08:05:38 pm »

The manga physics book just makes me giggle. I love the idea of it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10673 on: February 08, 2015, 08:10:45 pm »

I've read the manga Intro to Databases by the same company. Was cute, if you like manga.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10674 on: February 08, 2015, 08:11:21 pm »

D'you know if those books are DRM'd? Because I might want to keep them myself, too.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #10675 on: February 08, 2015, 08:46:44 pm »

Sadly, even though that's what HB was started as, these days you have to assume that nothing is unless they explicitly say DRM free.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10676 on: February 08, 2015, 09:26:42 pm »

Sadly, even though that's what HB was started as, these days you have to assume that nothing is unless they explicitly say DRM free.

Agreed. They had an Origin bundle once so that "our bundles never contain DRM" claim really just went out the window, even if it's still the default.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #10677 on: February 09, 2015, 03:29:57 am »

These books all look adorable and great for kiddos, if you have some kids who might be interested in this sort of thing. I'm picking it up myself. There's nine days left on it.

It's got three programming for kids books, a bunch of lego books, and a few "manga physics" books.

I am offended that anyone would think these books are only good for kids. : ) (I totally got the whole bundle for myself and I'm super excited.)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10678 on: February 09, 2015, 08:28:38 am »

If it helps anyone decide to pick up the bundle, a coworker of mine helped kickstart Lauren Ipsum and it was apparently quite good.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10679 on: February 09, 2015, 09:39:52 am »

I am offended that anyone would think these books are only good for kids. : ) (I totally got the whole bundle for myself and I'm super excited.)

We all know you're just a kid. Your picture is right there for all to see.
Pages: 1 ... 710 711 [712] 713 714 ... 1134