Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456549 times)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10470 on: January 02, 2015, 01:52:03 pm »

I'll vouch for Dust: An Elysian Tail.  Its pretty good!

I've actually got that myself from another humble bundle and had forgotten that it was also part of this one.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10471 on: January 02, 2015, 03:31:14 pm »

Speaking of Civilization series, what do you guys think - Civ IV or Call to Power 2? I'm actually getting pretty interested in getting the latter, some changes it made to original Civ formula sound really damn sweet.

CtP2 is closer to the Civ2/Civ3 era of gaming than it is Civ4. I did like that it did some things different - combat especially (its army model is something I've used as a baseline in suggesting improvements to the standard Civ single-unit-"army" model) - although some of the things it did get tedious or aren't well-balanced at all levels of gameplay. Still, I enjoyed it while I played it.

I'm not sure exactly how much the CtP2 modding scene compared to Civ4, but Civ4 has tons and tons of very high quality mods. True enough that most of them suffered from feature creep and generally died before all their bugs were ironed out, but they can still had many, many hours of gameplay. (Civ4 was really a kind of golden era of Civ modding as far as I am concerned.)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10472 on: January 02, 2015, 03:50:50 pm »

Yeah... I'd arguably say Civ 4 first, if you don't already have it, strictly for the mods. Master of Mana/Fall from Heaven and their associated stuff, all the... uh. Other things. There was a fair amount, much quite good. Civ 4 comes down in price every once in a bit, too... occasionally can nab it pretty cheap via sales.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #10473 on: January 02, 2015, 09:01:52 pm »

GMG and GamersGate seem to be running decent sales of their own. Mostly lower quality unknowns, but some pretty good titles in there as well.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10474 on: January 02, 2015, 09:27:45 pm »

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 12:12:28 am by penguinofhonor »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10475 on: January 02, 2015, 10:23:10 pm »

... huh. Sudden Carpe Fulgur collection sale? Looks like 'till the fifth? 80% off recettear (good), fortune summoner (arguably better), and chantelise (no clue, haven't played) if you buy the lot of 'em. All three for ~10 bucks USD, on my side of things. That's... pretty decent.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #10476 on: January 02, 2015, 11:11:20 pm »

All three are well worth it, especially at that price. Recettear and Chantelise share a game world, so if you have played one you will be reasonably familiar with how enemies act in the other. Each is a quite different type of game from the others. A randomized isometric dungeon crawl/shop simulator for Recettear, a third person linear fighter for Chantelise and a side-scrolling platformer/rpg for Fortune Summoners.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Apokaladle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10477 on: January 02, 2015, 11:35:10 pm »

I've got Recettear and Chantelise. Recettear is great, Chantelise is...eh. It's ok I suppose, but it's kind of generic and the camera's a pain. Fortune Summoners looks to be good and I'll probably be picking that up. Also, at least in the US, you can get the pack for the same price as Recettear and Fortune Summoners individually, so you're pretty much getting Chantelise for free.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10478 on: January 03, 2015, 01:24:23 am »

Recettear and Fortune Summoners are both amazing games in their own right, and avoid the lousy localization common to indie Japanese games. Can't say much about Chantelise, I've never tried it. But if it's from Carpe Fulgur, I'll probably end up picking it up just because.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10479 on: January 03, 2015, 07:34:56 pm »

New Humble weekly bundle looks really nice. Eye Candy 2. I made the mistake of looking at the video for the top-tier game, and now I'm going to have to buy it.

Spoiler: Game List (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Holy shit, FRACT OSC is really amazing. If you are at all musically inclined, enjoy logic puzzles, and don't mind if a game doesn't hold your hand and tell you exactly what to do next, I *highly* recommend this one. It's sort of like Kairo, but with nicer visuals and everything is music-based.

I didn't really enjoy Eidolon, despite being really excited for it, when I got it on sale in another bundle. I did not really enjoy Dear Esther, either. However, I did really love Gone Home, The Talos Principle, and Myst back in the day.

Do you think I'd enjoy the other games of this bundle?
Just finished playing Year Walk. It's short (~2h), but if you like a good story, folk tales, atmosphere and style - get the bundle just for this one. Play it at night. It'll stay with you for a good while after.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10480 on: January 03, 2015, 10:41:54 pm »

New Humble weekly bundle looks really nice. Eye Candy 2. I made the mistake of looking at the video for the top-tier game, and now I'm going to have to buy it.

Spoiler: Game List (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Holy shit, FRACT OSC is really amazing. If you are at all musically inclined, enjoy logic puzzles, and don't mind if a game doesn't hold your hand and tell you exactly what to do next, I *highly* recommend this one. It's sort of like Kairo, but with nicer visuals and everything is music-based.

I didn't really enjoy Eidolon, despite being really excited for it, when I got it on sale in another bundle. I did not really enjoy Dear Esther, either. However, I did really love Gone Home, The Talos Principle, and Myst back in the day.

Do you think I'd enjoy the other games of this bundle?
Just finished playing Year Walk. It's short (~2h), but if you like a good story, folk tales, atmosphere and style - get the bundle just for this one. Play it at night. It'll stay with you for a good while after.

Sold.

I was super interested in that anyhow. Thanks!

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10481 on: January 04, 2015, 01:29:00 pm »

So guys, how good is "The Wolf Among Us" compared to "The Walking Dead"? Gamersgate is currently selling the season pass for 11€. Is it worth it?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10482 on: January 04, 2015, 02:50:25 pm »

I personally enjoyed it. Maybe not as much as Walking Dead Season 1, but it was a solid adventure. There were a number of quick-time events to shake up the item hunting and conversation-making, so if you dislike QTEs you might want to give it a pass (none are particularly difficult).

Plus, in the absence of a morality pet like Clementine you can truly cut loose and be the Big Bad Wolf if you so desire.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10483 on: January 04, 2015, 04:42:34 pm »

Maybe I'm just weird about those games, but it mad me feel physically sick and guilty when I fucked over someone and it turned out he was just a really nice guy in a bad place. :C

(10/10 guilt trips ahoy)
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #10484 on: January 05, 2015, 08:08:47 pm »

A new Humble Bundle is out.  Yes, a new one, not the weekly bundle we've been talking about.

Humble Awesome Games Done Quick 2015 Bundle
  • Pay what you want!
    • Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
    • Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
    • Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee®
    • Volgarr the Viking
  • Pay $6 or more to unlock!
    • Twitch Turbo 30-Day Subscription
      • (Credit Card required to activate Turbo account)
    • Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut
    • SpeedRunners (Early Access)
    • SpeedRunners - YouTuber Packs 1 & 2 Add-on
  • Pay $10 or more to unlock!
    • Escape Goat 2
    • XSplit Premium 3-Month Subscription
  • Pay $30 or more to unlock!
    • Humble AGDQ '15 Merch Pack

I'll probably get the $6 option for Shantae.  Opinions on Escape Goat 2?  Is a puzzle platformer really worth the extra $4?
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 1134