Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Adult Cartoons  (Read 3779 times)

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adult Cartoons
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 03:44:07 pm »

I don't know about anime series, but I can really recommend Hayao Miyazaki's anime movies. They are definitely made for all ages.
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 03:52:43 pm »

Invader Zim might count?  It had an episode with organ harvesting so I think it should count.

Yes it dark well should. That level of awesome spreads across all generations.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 04:32:39 pm »

Adventure Time!

Seriously
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 06:51:18 pm »

Every Invader Zim episode I've seen struck me as a somewhat twisted children's cartoon, rather than a twisted adult cartoon children would also enjoy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2011, 08:51:30 pm »

American Dad.

I don't care for it, but you might like South Park.

Ugly Americans is also surprisingly good, but it's only a handful of episodes and you'd probably have to find them online.

As noted, there's anime to fill just about any preferences you have. Excel Saga is more traditionally a "cartoon" in terms of being slapstick comedy, but I have no idea if it's good or not.
south park was good for the first 3 seasons, then it got alot more stupid after.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2011, 09:00:20 pm »

Here's an adult cartoon for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvbMpWrlcp0

This gave me nightmares as a young 'un for years later. I could have easily waited to watch this kind of cartoon until I was an adult. But I'm glad I didn't. Oh, yeah, warning for a fair amount of mid 80's obsession with naturalistic toplessness. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 09:03:38 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 09:05:12 pm »

Here's an adult cartoon for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvbMpWrlcp0

This gave me nightmares as a young 'un for years later. I could have easily waited to watch this kind of cartoon until I was an adult. But I'm glad I didn't. Oh, yeah, warning for a fair amount of mid 80's obsession with naturalistic toplessness. 
WTF is this O_o

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 09:33:07 pm »

It's Light Years, which is a screen adaptation of Isaac Asimov's "The Metal Men Against Gandahar."

It's also French, if that helps explain anything.

All I can say is, this cartoon deals in some fairly heavy shit, to lay on an 8-year-old. Genocide, mutation, body-snatching, killer robots, sex, time travel, the meaning of consciousness.....Even now, re-watching it 20 years later, I still get that same sense of unease in the pit of my stomach. The arc for this cartoon is like: Weird --> Woah --> Seriously, Woah --> Wait, what? --> Oh fuck --> Holy fuck --> I need to go consume some entertainment that doesn't ask me to think or feel.  This movie had the same kind of visceral impact with me that my first viewing of Akira did.

Yeah. My dad had a fairly esoteric sense of the interesting. Light Years is like a Ralph Bachi cartoon, minus all the humor and light-heartedness. It reminds me of a time when someone else other than the Japanese did adult animation.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 09:48:42 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2011, 09:46:02 pm »

Rene Laloux kicks ass. La Planete Sauvage (aka Fantastic Planet in English) is a very strange and interesting movie. If you get it, try to get the Eureka Masters of Cinema release.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2011, 09:47:05 pm »

I'm seeing that linked in Youtube and my curiosity is piqued.
Pages: 1 [2]