Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Roll to Adventure: The Land of Legends.  (Read 2524 times)

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Adventure: The Land of Legends.
« on: March 14, 2011, 03:23:11 pm »

Greetings, friend! So you're here to become an adventurer, to raid tombs and battle dragons, or perhaps lead a less exciting and more profitible life, or more powerful. Perhaps you are willing to use less ethical methods to conquer the land, or perhaps you are a kind and good adventurer, here to rid the land of its evils. Whoever you are, you are at the right place. The Land of Legends welcomes all, but only the strong will survive its twisting paths and creeping corridors. Are you ready? Well, come on in. Adventure awaits!

Please note that character generation is random, so you can be born of any gender, species and with deformities! Also note that I am fairly new to this, so this won't be great. After your character is made, you may choose its class and religion, and other minor details!

Health and Combat.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Modifiers, Attributes and Skills:

Please just say that you're in, and I can generate a character for you, and we can begin. Players state what they will do in bolded text in their post. When every player has stated what his action shall be, I shall give an update of what has happened.
Also, please note that long periods of inactivity will get you kicked out of the game!

Players:

Waiting List;
Wolfchild,
Trollan,
Talarion.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 12:57:36 pm by Jacos »
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Adventure: The Land of Legends.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 03:26:08 pm »

Okay, lets give it a go.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 03:26:41 pm »

Sure.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 03:34:56 pm »

I'm in.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 03:36:55 pm »

Three more people, if we don't get them soon, I'll start with you three and add the other three when some people ask to join.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 03:37:36 pm »

Count me in.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 03:38:36 pm »

In.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 03:42:18 pm »

Actually, lets go for five slots, this is my first RTD (although I am quite confident I will be able to do it right), and it will make it easier to manage! Okay, I'll generate your characters now, and stuff. Just wait a few minutes.

Dermonster, you are a Goblin (giving you Slippery - You have a +1 modifier to agility and speed, but -1 charisma modifier), you are male, and you have a "clumsy" weakness (giving you a -1 agility modifier).

IronyOwl, you are a Human (giving you Adaptable - You have a +1 modifier to whatever your class is most relevent to.), you are male, and you have no weakness or deformity.

SeriesConcentrate, you are an orc (giving you Force over Friendship - You have a +2 modifier to strength related rolls, and a -2 modifier to charisma.), you are female, and you have no deformity.

Tyberix, you are a human (giving you Adaptable - You have a +1 modifier to whatever your class is most relevent to), you are female, and you have no weakness or deformity.

Taricus, you are a kobold (giving you Hated and Hateful - You have a -2 modifier to charisma, and a +1 modifier to strength when interacting with any sentient being of another species. You also have a +1 modifier to agility.), you are female, and your right hand is deformed, rendering it useless.

Feel free to write down your characters descriptions or names, I can add it to your character sheet. Now, choose your class, adventurers..

Warrior - You often go into trances in battle, and can terrorize enemies.

Rogue - You are sneaky, stealthy, and can easily evade attacks and enemies.

Wizard - You can call upon the power of your deity to destroy your enemies. Must worship a deity.

Paladin - You call upon your deity to fill you with power, or destroy your enemies with raw strength. Must worship a good deity.

Necromancer - You use dark arks and interact with dark gods and creatures for power. Must worship an evil deity.

Ranger - Your eye can spot enemies far away, and your speed and skill with the bow is unmatched.

Now choose a deity, if you wish or if you must.

Good;
Framir Lakus - The God of Light
Tullner Sorran - The God of Life
Fel - The God of Peace

Neutral;
Ormin - The God of The Sky
Zeegus'Irthin - The God of Water
Lathertha - The God of Knowlege
Lomopha - The God of Fire

Evil;
Zel - The God of Shadows
Urrthiseer - The God of Corruption and Power
Thamathusin Ragus - The God of Death.

(please note that this is my last post for tonight, and that I have school tomorrow so I'll not be posting for a little bit!)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 04:23:29 pm by Jacos »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 03:44:41 pm »

Doesn't really matter how many people you have, just make sure the stats are down somewhere easily accessable for you.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 04:54:45 pm »

Just a note: You probably should have put it in a new post so we could know to do stuff.

The silence would've gone on for a while longer had I not refreshed.

So a neutral agility and +1 speed -1 Charisma?

OBVIOUS CLASS IS OBVIOUS.

Name: Derm
Description: Shady figure who rarely talks, and does so in a low hiss. No hair, Golden eyes that would, in the right circumstances, make a man soil himself (This has been tested and proven) and long, thin fingers.
Class Rogue
Deity Zel
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 04:58:07 pm »

Name: (Random utterance)
Description: Cutebold.
Rogue
Lathertha

Would it be possible to change my char's gender at all?

Tyberix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 05:12:28 pm »

I'm too universal ;p Just to be sure wizards worshiping evil deity  are not necessarily necromancers ?

Name: Chea
Class: Wizard of Ormin
Description : The dark-skinned, tall woman with sky blue eyes. Seems to be distracted easily by even minor events. She speaks very fast when asked about anything. That's when she's not distracted by some..ooh what's that ?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 05:25:34 pm »

Name-Thom
Class-Bard

Yup.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 05:33:05 pm »

Name: Khaskha gra-Rokk
Description: Big, strong, and gray-green. Ugly as all orcs are, and only other orcs would even notice she's a female.
Warrior
Framir Lakus
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 06:36:50 pm »

Name: Sava Kul
Description: Tall, somewhat arrogant-looking man with pale skin and dark hair.
Class: Necromancer
Deity: Urrthiseer
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: [1] 2 3