Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Healthcare fixes praise zone  (Read 3850 times)

ZCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Healthcare fixes praise zone
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 04:51:08 pm »

Now if Toady can just make it so that dwarves don't get infections while waiting for the doctor who has absolutely nothing else to do to clean and dress their wounds, I will be happy.
Badger badgers badger badger badgers badgers badger.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 04:54:47 pm »

The only thing i can think of right now is soap not being usable by normal dwarfs.

Soap is very, very elfly, and not dwarfly at all!

That's silly. Elves don't use soap, and are in fact morally opposed to soap (because it's made from lye and/or animal products, and lye is made from ash). So, if you think about it, soap is actually very dorfy.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 05:05:02 pm »

The only thing i can think of right now is soap not being usable by normal dwarfs.

Soap is very, very elfly, and not dwarfly at all!

That's silly. Elves don't use soap, and are in fact morally opposed to soap (because it's made from lye and/or animal products, and lye is made from ash). So, if you think about it, soap is actually very dorfy.
For extra dorfiness, if Forgotten Beast soaps aren't enough, make soap out of elf fat.
Or dwarf fat.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Uristocrat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Railgunner
    • View Profile
    • DF Wiki User Page
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2011, 05:19:32 pm »

Hallelujah!

Let there be magma!
You could have berries on the rocks and the dwarves would say it was "berry gneiss."
You should die horribly for this. And I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Nirreln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2011, 05:29:59 pm »

Hallelujah!

Let there be magma!
Nirreln cancels read dwarf fortress update log: Dangerous Terrain.
Quote from: a rather odd engraving
This is a masterful image of your FPS and the HFS. The HFS is committing a depraved act on your FPS.

Immacolata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2011, 06:27:18 pm »

Funky, I got all excited because of this, too! These are bugs that have annoyed me in virtually every single embark Ive had since I got around to militia and injured dwarves.

New features isnt the only thing that excites the plebians. We also love Circus with goblins and fixing of long standing problems.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2011, 08:29:10 pm »

# made dwarves get crutches properly
# allowed dwarves that can't stand even with a crutch to move around instead of never moving again
# stopped webs from cancelling rest job
# made "apply cast" job use water properly
# made hospital stock plaster properly
# a few fixes for hospital zone/health interface

It's not even here yet, and I have already entered an excitement frenzy.
me too!
thats like a complete list of everything i hate about this game!
woo hoo!
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2011, 08:50:12 pm »

Awesome!
Only thing left to fix (that I can recall) are the issues with clothing (Dwarves see them as optional) and obviously the economy.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Igawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 09:05:43 pm »

Haha, Toady for president if he fixes the economy. Least we can do after fixing both the healthcare system AND economy!

CinnibarMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2011, 09:07:45 pm »

C:
Burning and raping the land is recreational. Where business is concerned, though, sustainability is the name of the game.

obeliab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 10:24:54 pm »

stopped webs from cancelling rest job
Wait, what?
The post-injury "Rest" task is interrupted by being or becoming webbed, and in some cases an injured dwarf is unable to break the webbing, causing real bad spam.  What I've read, at least.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 10:49:06 pm »

That is, a dwarf will be injured, and while walking to the hospital he gets webbed.  When/if he breaks free, he no longer wants to rest, and will instead run off and get infected.  This has been fixed, and I'm hoping that the way it was fixed means other non-resting incidents will be fixed.

Immacolata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2011, 05:04:53 am »

Awesome!
Only thing left to fix (that I can recall) are the issues with clothing (Dwarves see them as optional) and obviously the economy.

Clothing is optional? How so? I didnt pay attention to this bug previously.

I never got around to having so much economy that I noticed anything wrong with it. What is wrong, then?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2011, 05:15:22 am »

Clothes: Dwarves don't wear them.  They migrate in with clothes, and when those rot they stay naked.  They claim a horde of socks and shit, but never wear a scrap unless they're in a squad.

Economy: Look up Dwarven Economy in the wiki, especially the 40d article (click it at the top, where it says DF2010, 40d, etc).  Basically, instead of everyone getting free room and food and working for the society, they instead pay taxes and get wages and everything.  It changes your economy from communist anarchy to capitalism.  It was in 40d, but was bugged, so it was removed.

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2011, 05:59:03 am »

Finally!  Now I won't have to build those elaborate drowning chambers/hospitals that drain into my well cistern and a pump to draw off the excess.  Crutches actually being used changes all that!

... Well, almost.  I suppose if one goes paraplegic I'd still need to drown them to keep them from draining Fortress resources.
Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4