Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 73

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A  (Read 49429 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A
« Reply #975 on: March 31, 2013, 11:11:44 pm »

GOD i wish this forum would load correctly, does it give you all an error too all the time? CURSE YOU 504 GATEWAY TIME OUT!!
Pretty much...  :-\
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 31, 2013, 11:28:22 pm »

Adwarf, you are reasearchign a spell, it is nearly complete, as you are completing it we must now define how it works how, there is an existing spell, Zombie Thrall it creates a permanent zombie from a corpse that follows your commands, it can take a lot of torso damage but is slow and does not defend, that makes it vulnerable to getting chopped up into peices. but i am willing to entertain other ideas.

SMJ i'd like for you to name your character, also each action is an 8 hour shift, you do not have to spend any of them eating. using one to sleep is recommended but could potentialy be skipped with high willpower and otherwise things that takes like a minute can be squeezed in between shifts for free like examining something or getting a description or hauling somethign around or claiming items into personal inventory ect...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 31, 2013, 11:35:01 pm »

Adwarf, you are reasearchign a spell, it is nearly complete, as you are completing it we must now define how it works how, there is an existing spell, Zombie Thrall it creates a permanent zombie from a corpse that follows your commands, it can take a lot of torso damage but is slow and does not defend, that makes it vulnerable to getting chopped up into peices. but i am willing to entertain other ideas.

It's up to you, but I was aiming for Puppetry to effect pretty much any inanimate humanoid object, like I could use it to control a wooden doll that is vaguely human and control it along side me in combat. For example I could hold back firing my bow, but then use Puppetry to control the wooden doll and have it fight in the melee, like an extension of me but restricted to a single object.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 31, 2013, 11:45:17 pm »

Bind spirit a starting necromancy spell does something similar, you use a ritual to summon a spirit and bind it to an organic object, but it is not an extension of you and it is relatively fragile, because some serious damage breaks the enchantment. Rituals take an 8 hour shift to cast they are not done in combat. Animating the dead in combat, and they are durable like a zombie thrall and multiple that you controll instead of command is too powerful. So either like Bind spirit is lax on what you can animate but is not very durable and is made before battle and is commanded. and Zombie Thrall is specifically a humanoid, is durable, is a ritual and cannot be controlled directly.

I think you want to animate something humanoid in the middle of combat and directly controll it simulteneously, that needs some additional limitations. If you have to command it verbally that would help.

EDIT: sorry i took so long, when im in the mood i wish i was running 3 games at once, but theni got distracted reading stuff from the past here and i laughed but then my attention span keeps running out haha. Do you guys want another fight now!? just kidding they are planned out already TICK TOCK TICK TOCK
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 11:51:17 pm by Hastur »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 31, 2013, 11:50:45 pm »

I think you want to animate something humanoid in the middle of combat and directly controll it simulteneously, that needs some additional limitations. If you have to command it verbally that would help.

What if I sort of put a part of my being (soul, however you wanna say it) into? It's an extension of me but if it gets destroyed it severely harms the user (me) as well, while I can withdraw it takes time so that eliminates me just leaving it whenever the thing is in danger.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 31, 2013, 11:55:18 pm »

ok im playing with the idea that I assign it a certain number of HP according to its size and durability. it can be no bigger than you, it collapses when at 0hp and any damage on the killing blow past that carries over to you. Alternatively its hp adds on to your hp and you share a hp-total? the second one i would be ok with but i dont know if you would be cause it seems like a big liablility.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 31, 2013, 11:58:38 pm »

ok im playing with the idea that I assign it a certain number of HP according to its size and durability. it can be no bigger than you, it collapses when at 0hp and any damage on the killing blow past that carries over to you. Alternatively its hp adds on to your hp and you share a hp-total? the second one i would be ok with but i dont know if you would be cause it seems like a big liablility.

Hmmm, the first one seems alright since the second is extremely dangerous for me, so yes I'd much prefer the first :3

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 01, 2013, 12:01:47 am »

Hey, why is Miran using a glowstick to see in the dark? She's lightblind.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 01, 2013, 12:10:11 am »

Soulbound Necro-Puppet
8 hour ritual
1 organic humanoid no larger than the caster can be directly controlled simulteneously as the caster
Its physical abilities are the same as the caster assuming sufficient size and density
When struck down the caster takes damage, when wounded the caster is distracted by pain. Worst case scenario the subject is flattened or cleaved in 2 and the caster takes half his hp in damage

I think this is too powerful at the moment, because it would double your crafting rate if you just had it craft, and if you cast it in battle with an upkeep by the second it would also be too powerful i think because you would recast it every time it fell in battle. well maybe not hmmm

Mirran Edit: Lightblind is not as bad as i must have made it sound my original intention is that daylight would make it hard to see and dim light was perfect, for normal people daylight is perfect and dim light gives penalties. pitch blackness still makes it impossible to see. BUT i dont want to keep track of lighting so much anymore and an area is either considrered illuminated or not. Are you ok with that? I am willing to appease with changes to abilities

Double edit: for the guy with a severed arm, out of game the ways to fix a severed arm is with surgery/doctor skill or the necromancer ability grisly repairs, or a potion or spell of regeneration, or you could make a metal hook hand, or instead of a hook a permanent bow atachment.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 12:17:20 am by Hastur »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 01, 2013, 12:43:54 am »

Its not OP because ICly I have no reason to use it more then once in a battle, if it fails I clearly need to enter myself and provide more dakka.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 01, 2013, 02:29:47 am »

Mirran Edit: Lightblind is not as bad as i must have made it sound my original intention is that daylight would make it hard to see and dim light was perfect, for normal people daylight is perfect and dim light gives penalties. pitch blackness still makes it impossible to see. BUT i dont want to keep track of lighting so much anymore and an area is either considrered illuminated or not. Are you ok with that? I am willing to appease with changes to abilities

I'm fine with not micromanaging lighting. I was under the impression that Miran could see fine in complete darkness though, hence the darkstick recipe. Maybe I can exchange that for something else?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 01, 2013, 02:46:16 am »

yes

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 01, 2013, 05:37:51 am »

yes

A regeneration potion perhaps?  ;)

Unrelated: I think we should catch a bunch of stuff at the sludge warrens so next time the heroes arrive, we can go "RELEASE THE SLIMES!"

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 01, 2013, 05:42:12 am »

Im hoping the slimes are flammable so we can use them as acidic oil one fire ball or arrow or even the salamander punching it and we have toasted heros
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 01, 2013, 05:50:44 am »

Ker-smack, thats all I got to say :3
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 73