Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 73

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A  (Read 49434 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A
« Reply #960 on: March 28, 2013, 01:29:08 am »

I would certainly like to play this game, so you could say I'm still interested, but I recall dropping it pretty hard before because of REAL-LIFE PAIN and being forgotten, and my subconscious insists that this is important somehow. Anyway, my character is written for trying to roleplay an eldritch abomination completely incomprehensible to any sane mortal, and it turns out this makes writing posts for it really hard. Looking back at my long intro, it still doesn't look right. It's like I can just barely reach the concepts but don't have any words to put them in. Maybe I'm trying to do one of those shallow things that doesn't make any sense (a.k.a. impossible), but if it was genuinely that simple, I wouldn't be interested.

Maybe if I just applied that architecture skill to space itself (), that would be enough. I know people have done stuff like Portal, Antichamber, and some 4d games now, so no one will think it's mind-screwery, right?

Predit: Oh, wait, looking at the first post inactive players it appears I don't actually exist any more. Can characters be banished back through the portal? Or did I die somewhere, or was I just forgotten again?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 28, 2013, 02:01:38 am »

you just turn into a statue till you post agian we have been hanging hats on you
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 28, 2013, 03:17:15 am »

...That sounds painful, and I apologize for the hats.
 Does the part that's already a statue turn into a ghost?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 28, 2013, 05:43:48 am »

statue as in stop moving not turn to stone
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 28, 2013, 02:21:18 pm »

Unholy pariah, you character is approved, you will come into play within a few days.

Nivm you can play, and you can play as almost anything you want i am very permissive, to a fault even. However those people who choose to make nonstandard characters must be patient and humble because they will not have extra time, focus, or effort on my part, no matter how complicated, ambiguous, or whatever. So I just dont want to pander to special needs characters at the cost of the rest of the players.

Everyone should probably be patient and not take any of my mistakes personally, i have a lot of people that may or may not be playing and the record keeping isnt perfect. If someone doesent have screen time that does not mean they dont exist, they were likely just put on farming duty in the backround.

EDIT: Player Frostbite your character is approved, BUT you probably will want to spend the rest of your points, you get 10 to spend on raising attributes up, and 10 to put into skills.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:23:52 pm by Hastur »

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 28, 2013, 05:16:41 pm »

Then all is explained.
Everyone should probably be patient and not take any of my mistakes personally, i have a lot of people that may or may not be playing and the record keeping isnt perfect. If someone doesent have screen time that does not mean they dont exist, they were likely just put on farming duty in the backround.
Would you mind if I doubled checked the updates from now on? Like keeping my own inventory list and unit list? EDIT: Looking back, I tried something like this and it didn't help.

Although, I wasn't farming most of the time; I entered with the troll and Cass on Day 18, was mentioned farming on Day 19, and then that was the end of that. Time for re-introduction.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 05:38:37 pm by Nivim »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 28, 2013, 05:42:09 pm »

Yeah you can keep whatver records you like, im open to input and everything, but what has happened with mirrans inventory once was that she crafts stuff, and then i put it into the stocks list but she puts it into her character sheet, and then the items got doubled next time she gives me her character record.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 29, 2013, 04:30:49 am »

Did I do something wrong with my turn or have you just not had a chance to type it yet?
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 29, 2013, 04:50:59 pm »

Spoiler: Interruption for sjm? (click to show/hide)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 29, 2013, 04:53:52 pm »

Ah cheers, and apologies. Modifying action just in case.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 30, 2013, 07:13:46 pm »

everything is fine, my attention span just ran out doing a turn last time because i had to use my imagination. The last turn is finished now.
and surgery/doctor skill is needed to have any hope off reataching a severed limb. Brimstone is in the game now.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 31, 2013, 10:26:02 pm »

Lol i was just rereading the game and i was laughing at the time cryptfiend the succubuss donned all the jewels he had found and everyone tried to kill him for it, i was on his side but i must remain impartial lol. Then you got into a fight by the alchemy workshop and set the whole room ablaze and destroyed the loot. Then the time Raargh died and mirran turned him into a vampirespawn and everyone was trying to kill him for being scary or something and hes like "no im a freind!: and they all ignored him LOL. everything is so funny.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 31, 2013, 10:33:43 pm »

Lol i was just rereading the game and i was laughing at the time cryptfiend the succubuss donned all the jewels he had found and everyone tried to kill him for it, i was on his side but i must remain impartial lol. Then you got into a fight by the alchemy workshop and set the whole room ablaze and destroyed the loot. Then the time Raargh died and mirran turned him into a vampirespawn and everyone was trying to kill him for being scary or something and hes like "no im a freind!: and they all ignored him LOL. everything is so funny.

The last part no funny D: Mirrian failed meh >:C

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 31, 2013, 10:43:58 pm »

GOD i wish this forum would load correctly, does it give you all an error too all the time? CURSE YOU 504 GATEWAY TIME OUT!!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 11:10:06 pm by Hastur »

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 31, 2013, 11:10:45 pm »

GOD i wish this forum would load correctly, does it give you all an error too all the time? CURSE YOU 504 GATEWAY TIME OUT!!

Yes. Better write anything that's a longer post up in an external editor first. I know I do.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 73