Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 73

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A  (Read 49339 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A
« Reply #705 on: August 05, 2011, 10:23:03 pm »

Just out of curiosity, how were you hoping to make controllable puppets? Vampire-thing?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 05, 2011, 10:41:57 pm »

Thralls?

I don't think blood itself will work..
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 06, 2011, 03:58:56 am »

I have some trouble seeing the illithid's intended actions as something that someone who has gone berserk. Too little frenzy and way too much stealth and forethought.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/berserk

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 06, 2011, 04:05:35 am »

I don't really see an Illithid in general going berserk (I'm using the Illithid from D&D, roughly, as a template) If they snap, they tend to be rather vicious and cruel, yet still somewhat in control. This seems (to me) more like something a really pissed off Illithid would do.

EDIT: Link for reference http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illithid
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 04:09:06 am by rty275 »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 06, 2011, 05:40:37 am »

Well those who have been bitten by a vampire have to follow their orders don't they, so I was figuring that curse would still work after the being is dead otherwise I will use part of my lifeforce to make the bodies part of me, so that I could control them. I really want to use mana to create strings that will allow me to control the bodies, but I don't have the amount required to do that.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 06, 2011, 07:11:46 am »

Yeah, that's more "murderously sinister" than "berserk." I could understand a certain amount of direction to your anger, but this just seems like you've turned on us all (or maybe even just decided to quietly murder one of us), not that you've had more than you can take and are lashing out because of it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 06, 2011, 08:12:50 am »

I suppose that's fair. Off to edit the post.

EDIT: Done editing the other post. Better?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 08:18:48 am by rty275 »

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 06, 2011, 10:02:57 am »

Yeah, that's more like it.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 06, 2011, 10:08:06 am »

I wonder how it's going to be determined who I kill first, and how many people? I'm betting on 2-3 deaths until I'm subdued, but if I get lucky, who knows.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 06, 2011, 10:19:08 am »

Oh hey having my will at max is going to help me.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 06, 2011, 10:25:39 am »

I wonder how it's going to be determined who I kill first, and how many people? I'm betting on 2-3 deaths until I'm subdued, but if I get lucky, who knows.

Personally, I'm hoping for 0 kills and you ending up in Dragnar's cage.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 06, 2011, 10:27:05 am »

Either way, it looks like FUN is on it's way. Also, I don't think a flimsy cage would stop mindsnaps, or my noise.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 06, 2011, 12:35:32 pm »

Yeah, but a mashed up head would. God help you if you attack me, cause I won't show mercy.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 06, 2011, 09:21:33 pm »

Please kill him, or give him to me as a test subject please :) I really need some more test subjects preferably live ones.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 07, 2011, 01:09:48 pm »

I don't really see an Illithid in general going berserk (I'm using the Illithid from D&D, roughly, as a template) If they snap, they tend to be rather vicious and cruel, yet still somewhat in control. This seems (to me) more like something a really pissed off Illithid would do.

EDIT: Link for reference http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illithid

Yeah Berzerk was the wrong word to use, You go on a killing spree. I was going to give everybody a will roll to recover after each murder and since you have will you might just be able to control yourself.

Black Orc guy -I see you tried to make a gretchin, as a mad scientist you can make minions, but its not an ork ability and t takes more work than planting a piece of your skin. Devote shifts in a SCIENCE! workshop. roleplaying bonus is +2! if you narrate yourself

Mirran- the bandoleer will let you carry potions. its still dangerous, or you can carry them in a sack or satchel too.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 01:13:10 pm by Hastur »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 73