Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 73

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A  (Read 49283 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A
« Reply #555 on: June 09, 2011, 04:44:28 am »

well i think i will sleep in the pond for like 24h  :P
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 09, 2011, 05:05:45 am »

Morale is certainly the main goal here. The illithid's about ready to murder us all and feast on our delicious brains, and the gargoyle's the same without the brains part.

Maybe a counselling session would help? Sly certainly has the charisma for it. I'd do it myself, but since the healing dust I make is consumed as fast as I can produce it, I'll be busy with that instead.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 09, 2011, 05:13:14 am »

In the short-term, maybe. I still think having something constant like a bed to sleep in would help, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 09, 2011, 07:01:27 am »

Hmm, all our current means of rapid healing (powder, wand) are meant to work on a combat timescale. Maybe it's possible to create something that works on a longer timescale, but more efficiently? Like a basin or enchanted circle that heals 2HP/hour while the patient rests within it?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 09, 2011, 07:41:32 am »

well... i guess ochita and me could make an circle ( or bracelet/rune maybe ) for it if we co-operated.
Quite fucked indeed.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 09, 2011, 10:18:10 am »

Yeah, it's meant to be a common area. Mostly for sleeping, but probably also a dining room and maybe a workshop or two, assuming they're very quiet or only used when nobody's sleeping.

Speaking of which, can we smooth stone or only engrave it?

Anyway, I'll have some furniture requests once our dwarf isn't busy exploring. Since we have no woodworker, I nominate the Illithid for bed constructing duty on account of him being the smartest of us, though we should probably set up an official carpenter's shop with a table first.

yes you can smooth stone , theres no set purpose to it though unless you smooth the floor, which will let you move faster over it.

In the short-term, maybe. I still think having something constant like a bed to sleep in would help, though.
for some time , the problem was that they werent sleeping, thats a -1drowsy and then -1 passed out, and grevious battle wounds were a big --- for some.

Hmm, all our current means of rapid healing (powder, wand) are meant to work on a combat timescale. Maybe it's possible to create something that works on a longer timescale, but more efficiently? Like a basin or enchanted circle that heals 2HP/hour while the patient rests within it?
I've got an idea, full blown beds can give a small bonus to health for the purpose of seeing if you heal a HP upon resting a shift. You can enchant something too but i'd have to know what you want and then determine its value.
it wouldnt be cheap, (funny story, i offered my players a turkey that laid 1egg/meal per day. Since meat i made worth 60$ a unit i priced it at 1800$ This boggled their mind while i tried to convince them to no effect that it would be all profit after 30 days. I downgraded egg to be like fish and thus only 30$ a unit but they still thought it was crazy. i told them they should become turkey rustslers then, because thats what people would do when there were valuable tame animals around that were like walking money. I shoulda just called it a super turkey or something.)

@raargh yes it is possible to learn the art of transmutation, but im not shure we mean the same thing, define your term
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 10:31:56 am by Hastur »

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 09, 2011, 11:54:13 am »

Oh dear, we are so not prepared for this. On the plus side, free food delivery.

*proceeds to cook frog legs*

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 09, 2011, 12:12:26 pm »

How can I tell how much health I have?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 09, 2011, 12:15:23 pm »

you have 6 of 11 hp left. Nerfing your dodge but you can still move as normal.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 09, 2011, 01:01:21 pm »

god i have to research an barrier/wall enchantment that only we can pass and litter the runes over the water and an way to power up all of these runes.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 01:03:07 pm by Ahra »
Quite fucked indeed.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 09, 2011, 01:05:17 pm »

Or we could find the entrance they used and block that. Since I don't think they jumped down the waterfall, that leaves the drainholes as possible entry points. There may also be some hidden passage behind the waterfall itself.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 09, 2011, 02:18:54 pm »

Transmutation - The action of changing or the state of being changed into another form

Ex: Using the Earth to make a wall sealing somethign off, or turning the ground into a weapon like a spear.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 09, 2011, 04:07:57 pm »

Eh, incursions will always occur in a dungeon. We can't go walling off every section of river because the poorly-armed frogmen might come for us.

Also, free brains, blood, and if they're lucky, slaves.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 09, 2011, 04:20:48 pm »

We can handle a few of them easily, but we have no idea of their actually numbers, and strength, so I suggest we proceed with caution from now. We need to try, and analyse their forces if we can find them, and find out how they got in here, so we can be better prepared for the next time this happens.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 09, 2011, 04:21:55 pm »

Okay. I am going to rest for this fight I think, I do not think I will be the most helpful. If you capture any alive, I would be happy to mind wash them for you though.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 73