Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 73

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A  (Read 49282 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A
« Reply #525 on: June 06, 2011, 08:21:00 am »

Well, the vampires can feed from me. I'll live. And then we can go and search for more sentients.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 06, 2011, 08:38:25 am »

A quick question, what do the dwarf racial bonus' do? Can you give a description of each one please?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 06, 2011, 02:54:38 pm »

A quick question, what do the dwarf racial bonus' do? Can you give a description of each one please?

stable means that on rough rock ground you go your full move, not 1/2 move like SOME OTHER PEOPLE. also OTHER PEOPLE get -2 to hit in melee and -1 to defence.
high tech i explained earlier to somebody, you can build more advanced stuff, other people can only make simpler stuff. Such as breastplate vrs fullplate, or foot operated crossbow vrs winch operated ballista, catapult vrs trebuchet. Alcoholic means you need booze daily or get a unhappy thought if i remember it, but you are resistant to alcohol!

adwaf you can skip one day without eating, after that you take endurance damage then health damage, oh and theres a worse debuff than hungry

irony yes you can make double doors, you could make A HUGE DOOR for a dragon too but it would take more stone. I should make recipes in a list somewhere for stuff you can build, sounds like fun.
 A stone bed is no good technically, with a matress it would be fine but then you dont really need the stone bed. The only advantage of a rock bed would be phycologicaly you have a bed as opposed to sleeping on the ground. A hammock would work, you just need to not lay on a heat sucking surface. One day i will penalize everyone at once daily for not having things like beds or dinning areas or whatever, but it is still too early for that, and you'd get a warning.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 03:04:53 pm by Hastur »

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 06, 2011, 07:00:49 pm »

Wait, what about food for me? I'm gonna need at least one fully, completely dead thing every couple of days. How are we going to do that?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 06, 2011, 07:11:51 pm »

Use the mob guy to farm maybe. I dunno.

Also you guys might be able to eat me. I think if I die I am okay and will pop back in a turn or something.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 06, 2011, 07:46:23 pm »

I think if you lose your brain you die permanently, so either you'd die or poof before it could work. There's also no guarantee getting sent back to your home plane would allow you to be back in the dungeon by the next day.

We might be able to extort another sacrifice out of the trogs, but that'll only last another few days at best. Maybe you could eat the sentient plumphelmetmen, but that might be kind of bad for morale, and they're not unlimited either.

At some point, one of us is going to need to make some preservative jars, because the next time we get invaded we're not going to be able to afford to let any of their brains go to waste. As of right now, however, I have no idea how we're going to feed you. Maybe more exploring to find things we'd rather eat than enslave?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 06, 2011, 08:10:02 pm »

Hence my spelunking preparations. Now that I know what stable does, I also have an advantage on rough rock which means I am technically the BEST at exploring right now for food! How awesome is that!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 07, 2011, 01:49:56 pm »

Mind if I join you on your spelunking?

I can probably do magical damage, and I can heal..
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 07, 2011, 10:25:36 pm »

Sure! You can also carry a light and the medium sack full of stuff. Just make sure I go first and don't get eaten.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 08, 2011, 01:57:01 am »

On that note, having some bags to easily carry stuff in would be useful for everyone.

As for exploration: we don't know yet if that one shaft of light leads to the surface. An easy way to check would be seeing if it goes away when night falls.

Other gear that I'd find useful in the longer term, but can't create for myself:
-glass vials, beakers, other alchemy gear
-sunglasses (or contacts) to counteract Lightblindness

Hastur, I notice you updated the status report to include Miran's throwing training, but there's no mention of training progress?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 08, 2011, 02:21:47 am »

Other gear that I'd find useful in the longer term, but can't create for myself:
-glass vials, beakers, other alchemy gear
-sunglasses (or contacts) to counteract Lightblindness
Me and the illithid are tied for jewelry skill, which glassmaking falls under. He's got more Int, which is used for "most if not all tradeskills," but my Fine Coordination, used for "handcrafting," would balance it to even again, assuming they're both flat additive modifiers. So, we're even or he's somewhat better.

Sunglasses might be a bit trickier; we might need to enchant them to be darker, or we might be able to make tinted glass without issue. Didn't you have a faceshield anyway, though? That might be tinted already.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 08, 2011, 02:37:28 am »

Didn't you have a faceshield anyway, though? That might be tinted already.

Yes, but I think something like that would have been mentioned in its description. We got it of humans, and fighting with tainted glasses in a dark cavern isn't so great.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 08, 2011, 05:29:18 am »

Yeah.
Well, I'll do a small list of what I think is needed for this place.
Later.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 08, 2011, 02:14:59 pm »

Mirran i looked and only saw you training once, is that accurate? i coulda sworn you said you trained earlier also before that.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 08, 2011, 02:25:44 pm »

If I wanted to would I be able to combine grisly repairs and severian to replace or graft new bodyparts to myself? Like for instance replacing my arm with one that's been severed from an enemy.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 73