Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 73

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A  (Read 49402 times)

Chaunage

• Escaped Lunatic
  • It's gotta work sooner or later!
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A
« Reply #900 on: April 21, 2012, 04:52:25 am »

Hmm, well, the current abilities of the goblin seem a bit more similar to a redcap or a hobgobbo. Some other things from those mythos I can remember is that it's impossible to outrun a redcap despite it's iron-clad boots, and that it needs to dip it's cap in human blood every day. Maybe give it a bonus to chasing down fleeing opponents? (AKA a bonus to gross agility?) A different one is they can shift their form into sinister shapes, like wolves, ugly humans, rats and the like. The last one I can remember is they are good housekeepers and craftsmen, so you could also give a bonus to crafting, cooking, brewing, etc. Any of these should be alright to me. If they seem OP, you can also balance them with the whole blood-cap thing or their traditional weakness to cold-iron as a fae.

Tools would be nice, as they'd likely add a good bonus to our rolls for crafting. Overall though, the alchemist seems to have been getting pretty good rolls, due to her +6 in alchemy. The lack of healing powder seems to be mainly that as soon as it gets made, it needs to be used right away to patch up someone. Either we should get a large stock built up, or use tactics that don't get us as badly thrashed in combat. I think the tools that would be handiest to get first would be for the smithy, making it easier to make additional tools. *finishes tossing in 2 cents*

Also, it's probably not too important now, but maybe we could get one of our enchanters to enchant a barrel that will keep blood fresh in the future? I just thought of it, because it might keep our two vamps from needing to get their blood fix fresh from the source all the time

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 21, 2012, 05:00:11 am »

Ok smith some smiting tools so I can smith: P
Then to help us not get thrashed maybe I don’t know WEAR SOME THING OTHER THEN THIN FABRIC
So I will make people armor
Place your orders first come first serve after the tools and dwarf and vampire healer
Remember to post what you want as well and if you could help with the gathering of metals or any special things for your armor and weapons
That would be great
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 05:03:51 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 21, 2012, 05:18:17 am »

I swear, if we get another critter who needs a constant supply of fresh blood to live...

I'm thinking healing beds are a lot more feasible than constant healing powder. I mean, ideally yes, we should really get our stuff together so we don't get thrashed all the time, but meanwhile having a few more beds that speed healing is probably better than blowing several stacks of powder after every fight. There's normally a few days at least in between each incursion, after all.

Also, once my lab is set up I'll be attempting to research methods of summoning reinforcements. Hopefully that will give us a bit more meatshieldery.

In related news, if the dwarf (or anyone, really) could get me some stone furniture sometime, that'd help immensely.

Alternatively, I could help/smith instead, but I doubt we'll have the metal for two smiths working at once.

Hastur, does Intelligence affect Smithing? What about Fine Coordination?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 21, 2012, 05:51:20 am »

More healing that doesn't use consumables is always good. That leaves me time to create the combat-applicable stuff like poisons, molotov potions, acids, and so on.

As a side note, if we have two different kinds of metal, then we can use it with the acid to make batteries. Electrified traps and doors could be fun.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 21, 2012, 07:06:46 am »

make glass stuff to be able to make acid and explocives to harm the gods
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 21, 2012, 08:03:41 am »

Well, with the healing bed thing, I made that for one, and it takes some time to make.. I'll still try to make another though.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 21, 2012, 07:23:11 pm »

do it by the way where did that floating skull go
My Sig

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 21, 2012, 11:53:21 pm »

and no one wants armor or wepoans or any tools :(
My Sig

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 22, 2012, 01:12:18 am »

They'll want it as soon as we get more stuff to make it from. Right now we don't have much to work with. I don't mind if you use that one iron bar to make a decent sized pick btw. More digging tools is more important than armor right now.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 22, 2012, 01:48:02 am »

i am and then i am making tools for me to get the most out of our metal   :D
wait dont we have a floating skull that can cange raw stuff into any other raw stuff
My Sig

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 22, 2012, 07:57:00 am »

Well, the good news is that I can probably make a healing circle in 2-3 days.

There is a question about my character. Could he learn a type of magic, such infernalism?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 22, 2012, 10:34:13 am »

Ochita- you can learn other special skills, yes

Irony owl, you can smith with fine coordination or intelligence, i just choose whichever is higher if i can justify it.

turn on monday probably im busy today

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 22, 2012, 03:31:08 pm »

Given that my Int is +4 and killer's is -1, it'd probably be best to have me do any really important smithing, then.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 22, 2012, 07:37:37 pm »

but i have skill and i didnt relise that int is needed 
as well where is the skull
My Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 23, 2012, 03:22:25 am »

Assuming attributes count as much as skill levels (which I'm totally not sure of; Hastur explained the system to me once but I've forgotten), you've got a net total of +2 for anything you can't justify using Fine Coordination for, and +6 for anything you can. I've got +6 for anything I can't justify using Intelligence for and +8 for anything I can.

In other words, we're even for anything absolutely requiring Fine Coordination, I'm ridiculously ahead for anything requiring Intelligence, and I'm slightly better for anything that can use either. So, it's not absolutely required that I do all the smithing, but I should definitely handle anything Int-based and arguably handle anything really important. All assuming there's nothing else either of us should be doing instead at the time, of course.

Dunno where the skull is or what he's doing, but he's been transmuting pretty much nonstop as far as I can tell, and he's been around submitting orders in combat, so probably no need to worry on either count.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 73