Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 73

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A  (Read 49322 times)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A
« Reply #660 on: July 24, 2011, 03:40:12 pm »

Allright im in the mood/have a free sunday to post again. i forgot where we were so im going to either get the character sheets and stocks up to date, or just power through on shifts so we get gameplay in. Tell me if you have a preference

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 25, 2011, 03:18:42 am »

For convenience, here's my own copy of my character sheet:

Spoiler: Miran (click to show/hide)

Also, since it has been a while, I'm reminding you about my open questions in this post: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79612.msg2391127#msg2391127
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:36:15 am by Rask »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 25, 2011, 06:32:40 am »

Posted question on game thread:

If this is still alive then put me on the waiting list

Ignore if I'm just poking a corpse

Attributes
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Race

Class

]

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:58:41 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 25, 2011, 03:41:16 pm »

how about you get 3 weak recipes
antidote
black tar - weapon poison, causes pain, hard to wear off
superglue

I'd really prefer the darkstick, if that's possible. I'm a vampire, I like the dark. Also, why am I healing from resting? I thought I needed blood to heal?

Using the available potions as poison coating will be useful, though.

+1 Clothier for my skillpoint, since it seems fitting in light of recent actions and we don't have anyone with that skill yet.

Edit: is there something I can do to cultivate my ingredients in a more time-efficient way than gathering them from the environment?
I havent decided yet on darkstick, maybe if you answer a riddle or something. And you can gather materials more efficiently by raising your alchemy skill or your intelligence, either will help you gather faster. But your question is more specific; you could enslave some trogs and have them gather FOR you instead, but their gather rate would be slow compared to you. Also you do not need to actually gather from the environment technically, you can just devote shifts in the workshop and get workshop bonuses (gathering materials is assumed at some point, much like people eat and pee at some point but it dosent take a significant part of the shift) . THIRDLY i described the muddy location with that deadly ooze as pretty verdant and you got a +50% bonus to gathering rate from there. Also you get a free *Firework* recipe that i meant to give you on 4th of july but better late than never lol. (i also never gave the memorial day bonus either oh well)

10$ Firecracker - might spook animals, might dazzle people in the dark, Nifty!

Micelus - im leaving the house like 5 minutes ago so i'll look at your guy later, but meanwhile i'd like some more details on the capabilities of "morpher" the way im imagining it it might run into the same problem as Adwarf ran into when he wanted to learn "transmuting". Those problems being that it was too vague and badly defined so there fore iss too versatile and flexible and overpowered. Like turning everythign to gold would be too good if you had anybody to trade with yet, or turning all the air around somebody to rock. off the top of my head tell me if you want conservation of mass, conservation of value, how fast you can change things, what kind of things you can change (biological life form into a gem, rock into a rock elemental)

ultravalican- your guy looks fine at first glance and whoever gets their guy fully approved first comes in first.

Ill get around to any other questions i missed once i backtrack through this thread tommorow maybe
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:49:57 pm by Hastur »

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 25, 2011, 03:58:20 pm »

I havent decided yet on darkstick, maybe if you answer a riddle or something. And you can gather materials more efficiently by raising your alchemy skill or your intelligence, either will help you gather faster. But your question is more specific; you could enslave some trogs and have them gather FOR you instead, but their gather rate would be slow compared to you. Also you do not need to actually gather from the environment technically, you can just devote shifts in the workshop and get workshop bonuses (gathering materials is assumed at some point, much like people eat and pee at some point but it dosent take a significant part of the shift) . THIRDLY i described the muddy location with that deadly ooze as pretty verdant and you got a +50% bonus to gathering rate from there.

Ohhh, now those are all things that are useful to know!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 25, 2011, 06:50:44 pm »

Morphing Is the changing of the shape and material of objects and organisms.

Non-living objects can be changed into different shapes and sizes, as long as the object being transformed has enough material. A sword can be turned into a stick as long as they are roughly the same size and shape. You cannot turn a a sword into a door; there would not be enough material and mass. The material can be changed but, its easier to change materials that are closer together. Example dirt is easier to turn into metal but harder to turn water into metal; not impossible, just more difficult and takes longer. The mass of objects depends on the new material. One can also just change the general shape of an object rather than also changing the material.

Organisms are somewhat more difficult to change. You can change aethestics easily but adding or changing the shape is hard as the organism will be stressed, unless its a plant then its pretty easy. Changing a bear into a rock is hard as the rock will still have a mind and will go insane unless the mind can be disabled; a hard thing to do for a morpher. Changing a rock into a bear is also difficult; without the knowledge of the inner chemistry and anatomy of a bear, the rock will just be a rock that looks like a bear. Even by adding the anatomy and stuff, it will be brain dead unless the mental state of the "bear" can be built, which is something a morpher can do.

The morpher requires help from experts to create good quality products. He needs help from druids and mad scientists to properly create a bear from rocks. A good smith is required to help the morpher create a good sword. Changing a wound into perfectly healed skin requires intimate knowledge of the body.

In short, the morpher is only useful when helped by others.

I hope I clarified enough.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 25, 2011, 07:33:19 pm »

Right, having a bit of trouble figuring out what to do next due to lack of map/stocks. The most recent map seems to be here, though.

Question about workshops: Can you make stone tools to improve them? What workshop would be used to make said tools, if so?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 26, 2011, 12:31:59 am »

In short, the morpher is only useful when helped by others.
Ah, so your greatest limit is that you may know how to bend matter to your will, but you don't know any of the technical details to make that useful. You'll be more like an awesome, unliving tool that all the crafters want to get a hold of for their own projects, leading to a wonderful repeat of the witch's room. What would you ask in return for your services? What do you eat? Can your telekinesis move you around on your own?
 I can just imagine Dragnar yelling commands at this seemingly inanimate skull as its hollow gaze causes a block of ore veined rock to turn into a really nice mace.

However, I looked at the waiting list on the first page of the other thread, I noticed I'm not there yet. Does this mean that the uncertain state of "play it by ear" meant that I'd always be the last one on the waiting list?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 26, 2011, 01:11:02 am »

Exactly Nivm. What my character-who shall now be known as "Micelus" (yay for originality! ;) ) - wants from others is a little bit of respect, a little bit of love, and a pawn in regaining what was lost. In more obvious words, Micelus asks for favours for later in regaining his body from a demonlord or if that proves impossible, make or possess another body. Problem is, the skull needs to be in the body as it contains all the great power of creation and destruction.

Oh and the skull dosen't technically "eat". It does however require life force to continue floating around. The life force could be gathered from corpses or if none are available, still living organisms.

And the skull moves of its own will.

I would also like to note that Micelus has had other bodies before, but they always breakdown or die or just plain explode from the raw energies of the skull.

And Hastur, I know my guy seems OP but he's like a gun; powerful but still needs a gunman.

One more edit (I edit too much), if the user of my powers tries to do something that he has no knowledge of; such as trying to make a perfect sword with no knowledge in smithing (or smiting as it may be), it will go wrong and may just result in a crappy sword, or result in a sword given a mind, floating around, and trying to kill its creator.

and finally, HE DEMANDS RESPECT (don't piss off the floating skull of doom)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:19:07 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 26, 2011, 01:40:19 am »

But your character isn't like a gun; he can move around on his own, move other things, choose who he serves, and seems to be bound with dangerously unstable and hard to control magics (presumeably this is his fault). I'm guessing the caveat will be that you can't move very fast or far before falling unconscious from energy lack, and that you're really easy to crush underfoot?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 26, 2011, 01:43:29 am »

He also sounds like the giant flaming skulls from the clocktower level in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: July 26, 2011, 01:52:30 am »

Please everyone.

He sounds like morte from planescape.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 26, 2011, 01:54:34 am »

Yes Nivm correct.

and Ochita DING DING DING! YOU ARE WINNER!!!
I've never actually played planescape weird huh?
And reply in You are a king; Locanil's been stuck looking at you... its pretty disturbing actually..
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 26, 2011, 02:37:39 pm »

approved as a black orc. let me know when you are ready to join and i'll put you in.
I'll need to add some abilities to you for your race
and for every attribute you've sacrificed you get+3 skillpoints if you choose.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: July 26, 2011, 03:59:53 pm »

forgot to put values for skills.  Also is my character still too overpowered or is he OK?

Posted question on game thread:

If this is still alive then put me on the waiting list

Ignore if I'm just poking a corpse

Attributes

Race

Class

]

You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 73