Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 73

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A  (Read 49289 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A
« Reply #570 on: June 09, 2011, 04:24:23 pm »

So should we put a nettrap in the stream or something? Now that I think about it that might be useful for collecting stuff if junk that drifts down stream gets caught in it
It's FEF, not FEOF

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 09, 2011, 04:25:44 pm »

I was thinking some paralyze runes powered by the energy created by flowing water.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 09, 2011, 04:34:42 pm »

The main idea behind prepared defences is getting enough time to get organised before a battle, and not being completely split up, like now. Blocking all entrances except the one we want them to enter through is also useful for making them run through a trap gauntlet. Not everyone of us is good at fighting or well-equipped.

It may be more practical to dig our own central keep though. A room we can retreat into to sleep without having to worry about enemies dropping in on us.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 09, 2011, 04:43:28 pm »

Transmutation - The action of changing or the state of being changed into another form

Ex: Using the Earth to make a wall sealing somethign off, or turning the ground into a weapon like a spear.

Then no you cant because it is too vague. Your examples though could be covered by something more specialized like "Earth control/mastery/juju/" But to move earth that easily is a huge power just by itself, you could dig a whole fortress out in an hour without limitations.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 09, 2011, 04:58:27 pm »

Oh darn I really wanted to be able to make a bunch of weapons from the ground

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 09, 2011, 05:02:18 pm »

Ah, Hastur..

What exactly in terms of direct offensive magical power do I have?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 09, 2011, 06:14:22 pm »

Since I'm going to sleep now, I'm posting my general attitude for the battle here. My main goal is buying time for the others to arrive and keeping the opponents distracted from Rahal.

However, the first priority is staying alive. That means keeping out of melee range, if possible. Retreat route would be toward the burnt out room, since I figure webbed feet don't work well on uneven rocks. Use acid (5 left) or molotov potions (4 left) to make tiles dangerous if something manages to get close anyway.

Any spellcasters casting within my throwing range are also volunteering for a molotov potion to the face. Otherwise use the boomerang to attack, unless two enemies are in the same tile. If I run out of boomerangs, use acid potions. If melee combat cannot be avoided, go for a bite.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 09, 2011, 09:31:57 pm »

I'm gonna be needing your shield crypt. I'm the most skilled here at using one, so with it, I can protect the sleeping room and the people inside. That narrow corridor will also work to my advantage. Can the mindflayer get into the corridor as well please? Some ranged support would be excellent.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 09, 2011, 09:33:30 pm »

I will try, and distract most of them if possible, but I will need to fight out in the open closed spaces won't work well with me, adn trying to dodge since I am pretty big.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 09, 2011, 09:51:45 pm »

I thought I already gave my shield to someone?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 09, 2011, 10:10:38 pm »

Yeah, dwarf already took it. Or tried to, at least.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 09, 2011, 11:20:40 pm »

That would be me. :P I am the dwarf, but I just didn't collect it last turn. Now however, I'm taking it, since I need it to protect the resting guys.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 10, 2011, 01:54:03 am »

And I'm back.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 10, 2011, 05:08:24 am »

Is my headbat defense ready yet?

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 10, 2011, 06:05:39 am »

It would be great if your entangle immobilised them in a tile set on fire by my molotov potion. Not necessarily the right way to get living prisoners, though.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 73