Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 73

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A  (Read 49105 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A
« Reply #225 on: April 08, 2011, 02:21:11 am »

Bump?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 08, 2011, 02:24:06 am »

Hastur hasn't been on lately. Hopefully he'll come back soon. :-\
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 14, 2011, 05:36:34 pm »

'Sup. Had to take care of the family business on short notice. Everything is more or less in order now, at least enough for me to be able to expect to continue posting on a new schedule. Thursdays , tuesday nights, and sundays probably if im not too tired. Now wheres my thread? i gotta go find it lol. It was all a scheme for the invaders to gain the initiative haha. Ill post tonight (in up to 9 hours or so)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 14, 2011, 06:40:27 pm »

Ah good, glad to have you back.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 14, 2011, 07:54:39 pm »

Welcome back Hastur. Hope everything is okay with the family.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 14, 2011, 08:35:42 pm »

Welcome back keeper...
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 15, 2011, 03:57:43 am »

thanks guys, almost makes me want to possibly consider maybe potentially going easier on you guys :D but wheres the justice in that :D. I'll just encourage you to use tactics because dwarf fortress style combat dosent let you hide behind a mountain of hitpoints if you make a mistake or get unlucky without backup.

ps geov; you can make stuff out of webs but it is not instantaneous. you can put out silk shure, but it is valuble and therefore takes time to weave/craft things out of it like a hammock or net. they're like 40$ though you could make one in half a shift if you have a weaving skill no problem.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 15, 2011, 04:17:21 am »

Welcome back, Hastur!

Oh dear, it looks as if Shigon might need someone to suck the poison out of his wound.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 15, 2011, 03:13:43 pm »

With your giant claws?

Are we going to do the vampires plan?
I'm sure there's some sort of generic medical stuff I could maybe do to not die as much.

But yes, vampire's plan sounds alarmingly good. :(

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 19, 2011, 09:51:14 am »

*poke*

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 21, 2011, 11:51:06 am »

*Poke* *poke* *Poke*

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 21, 2011, 11:52:11 am »

*kick* *kick* *kick*
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 21, 2011, 02:47:17 pm »

alright lets do this, ...drawing up a battlemap

PS. the N guys and B guys are bad guys on the map
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 03:20:36 pm by Hastur »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 21, 2011, 04:09:36 pm »

PS. the N guys and B guys are bad guys on the map
Oh, so that's us? :P

Also, lol at "biclops."

More seriously, how does one take enemies alive?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 21, 2011, 04:14:51 pm »

you can tell me you want to take them alive and i'll keep that in mind.

Or preferably, and more specifically, you can cripple their limbs, choke them out, deal small amounts crushing damage to the face or skull but without horribly brain damaging them untill they are KO. you could use some poison, or the psion can drain their endurance, you could capture them in a net. Or you can render them KO by having them give in to pain and pass out, or pass out from blood loss but them stop their blood loss so they dont die (that would be hard though) or you could kick them in the groin and hope they pass out, you culd use poisons to drain a attribute or something untill they are halplless.. Oh you could grapple, takedown, and pin them but i dont think you guys have any good wrestlers.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 73