Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 73

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A  (Read 49428 times)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A
« Reply #1005 on: April 14, 2013, 01:48:53 am »

Ok i fixed theerrors you've found. Alchemy was way complicated in my head when i thought it up, but i need to simplify and balance it. some things are too expensive and i dont think i ever took notes on what everythign was supposed to do, there were origanally 3 sizes to the concoctions. vial flask and potion, and their durations were a minute and hour and a 8 hour shift, and if hurled they affected a person if they got hit, a person if it fell in their hex, and a 3x3 ect..ect.. i just need to make a list of things worth crafting for cheap. Healing is supposed to be expensive though it is really valuable in my opinion, anyways im ranting -End Transmission

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 14, 2013, 04:21:02 am »

I'll take +1 Demonology.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 30, 2013, 06:32:32 pm »

WELP.

At least everything except cloth should be easy to get...
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 30, 2013, 06:51:05 pm »

We could always cannibalise a rope for the thread, i saw some scrap cloth mentioned in one of the player turns so im probably gonna be able to unweave that for you, i want my room back without you breaking it.

@hastur, how is glassmaking going to work? Am i going to need to refine some coal?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 07:41:09 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 30, 2013, 08:20:07 pm »

you get a bucket and get some silt off of the river bottom and consume a unit of wood to make raw green glass at a kiln

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 30, 2013, 08:22:36 pm »

What would be necessary for clear glass? Just building an ashery, smoking another unit of wood into ash, turning the ash into lye, and then... what was the next step? Turning the lye into potash, then smelting the potash and sand together?

Also, can I do anything while mooded?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: April 30, 2013, 08:48:51 pm »

you can do stuff that contributes to building the thing, like getting the materials. making glass, butchering something for bones. and you dont need to sleep.

and i dont know how to make clear glass, but green glass is fine

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 30, 2013, 09:47:30 pm »

Heh, alright.

EDIT: We still have those adventurer bones, right? I remember people defiling the corpses for blood and maybe meat or something, but I can't remember anyone grinding up the bones to make their bread or anything.

Mmmmm, bonebread.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 09:50:51 pm by IronyOwl »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 30, 2013, 09:56:40 pm »

Hey irony you should probably put "if all materials collected begin construction" in shift 3 as ragnar and myself are carving blocks, unweaving cloth and hopefully making some glass for you.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 30, 2013, 10:07:46 pm »

I doubt things will go that smoothly/quickly, but sure.

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 01, 2013, 01:42:45 am »

...should we shear the troll to make wool?  ;)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 01, 2013, 02:06:27 am »

...that's brilliant. I'd forgotten about that completely. :))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 01, 2013, 01:35:57 pm »

.....I'm going to get sheared  :o Not going to happen willingly at least, Unless you're very persuasive.
And as for bones, i just found a ton so i'm sending them over.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 01, 2013, 03:44:48 pm »

Oh yeah skill up, I think I'll take a +1 to Necromancy (if that is not acceptable Enchanting is fine as well).

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 06, 2013, 10:38:02 pm »

guys I think this Is like a battle in that every one posts one action that takes place over a minte or less
rather then the 8 hours per shift actions
Maybe, especially with the EVENT!!! tag there. But, it only says they're exploring, not searching for fresh victims.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 73