Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Your Favorite Music to Play  (Read 1848 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Your Favorite Music to Play
« on: March 14, 2011, 01:00:17 am »

There have been threads about favorite song to listen to beyond count, and I figured it was time for some variation. And since there are musically talented people here in legions, I thought "Why not?".

What is your favorite song to play? Symphonic and solo/small groups are both acceptable.

My personal favorite, so far, has been Dark Fortress by Rob Grice. The Alto part is insanely fun, at 150BPM. Of course, Pinnacle by the same sounds funner, so I'm planning on getting together with my friends some time and learning to play it.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: Your Favorite Music to Play
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 01:05:44 am »

Angel of Death by Slayer's probably my favourite. But Crystal Mountain by Death is a close second.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 01:11:27 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 01:15:12 am »

I dunno if I have a favorite song to play. But I really like The Beatles' Julia. The picking pattern is really fun to play. I also really like Bert Jansch's arrangement of Angie. The left hand stuff is easy, but the song has the best rhythm.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 01:16:48 am »

Septette for the Dead Princess, Ghost Riders in the Sky, and a song I made are the ones I've been playing a lot of lately.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 01:23:12 am »

Pretty much any Metallica song for me, but the one I like to play the most is "One".
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 04:46:48 am »

Septette for the Dead Princess, Ghost Riders in the Sky, and a song I made are the ones I've been playing a lot of lately.
Hehe, Septette for the Dead Princess is pretty fun. I'm a sucker for that progression really. I haven't finished learning it yet though, because I've been strumming more lately.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 04:51:40 am »

At the moment, Klippa - Bite Down, which is an electronic grime mix.

What I like about it is that Klippa is the persona of one guy who gets into different mindsets and releases music on his website under those persona's.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 04:53:35 am »

Been enjoying playing Fast Car a lot lately. Aside from the 'original' rendition of it there's about a million other ways to play it, so I have a few strumming versions I like to do plus a few fingerpicking styles. Been messing around with a new tuning setup lately as well and I've arranged a pretty sweet fingerpicking version for that which is a lot of fun to play as well.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 04:58:42 am »

Well despite the fact that I can not really play any instrument, I refuse to be left out!

I love nothing more then to lay back and hum September song, by the gypsy legend Django Reinhardt.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 05:47:31 am »

I used to be able to play the Zelda 2 temple theme on a piano :3

Some others too.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2011, 06:01:44 am »

I sing more than play guitar. More fun to sing romantic metal ballads, and songs like Nickelback and Aerosmith.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 07:41:20 am »

Nothing Else Matters by Metallica has been the song I automatically play when i pick up a guitar for a while now. Before that it was Stairway to Heaven.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Fossaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 02:08:15 pm »

'Carry on Wayward Son' by Kansas, and 'Movin' Out' and 'She's always a Woman' by Billy Joel are fun to play on the piano. And if I'm feeling especially coordinated I can try and sing at the same time.
Quote from: ThreeToe
This story had a slide down a chute. Everybody likes chutes.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2011, 03:49:56 pm »

Stairway on guitar, and parts of Black Sabbath and For Whom The Bell Tolls. Also Welcome Home   (Sanitarium).

Haunting Piano Refrain on piano.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2011, 04:42:17 pm »

Vitali Chaconne on violin.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: [1] 2 3