Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 147

Author Topic: Solistream: HIATUS MODE ENGAGE  (Read 136108 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I had to do that. Sorry if it offended your delicate anti-pony sentiments.

Anywho, getting started on a Minecraft Adventurecraft map! Should be interesting to try out.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Serious Frivolity (Livestream) Sky Captain, and the World of Tomorrow!
« Reply #526 on: July 21, 2011, 08:54:30 pm »

...and going to end the night on a movie or musical. So far, voting is leaning toward Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

In the future, we're going to do classic movies and musicals like "Singin' in the Rain", "42nd Street", and maybe "The King and I". Might do voiceovers for silent and black-and-white films like "Nosferatu" too, for the sake of the silliness.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Serious Frivolity (Livestream) Sky Captain, and the World of Tomorrow!
« Reply #527 on: July 21, 2011, 09:01:11 pm »

I blame only myself that I never get around to watching your stream when you're actually live, except for a few times like this.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Serious Frivolity (Livestream)
« Reply #528 on: July 22, 2011, 02:33:15 am »

Glad to have you for the last one nevertheless!

If I could have your attention for a few minutes, folks, I put together a short query to get some feedback about the state of the stream, and to help me when planning what to put on in the future:

1) Is your preference for film and television streams, or game streams?
2) Do you guys prefer me having other folks around to chat and bicker with when I stream, or do you prefer me to go on 1-man factoid tangents and rants?
3) Do you like classic media (retro games, old films, musicals), or more modern media (contemporary games, lesser-known films, etc) more?
4) What was your favorite thing you've seen yet on the stream, and what did you like about it? IE. what would you like to see more of? You can be general or specific, but try to explain.
5) What was the least interesting thing you've seen on the stream, and what turned you off? Be blunt and honest, and don't worry about offending anyone. It's helpful feedback to have.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 22, 2011, 02:55:10 am »

1)I like the movies because of the commentary in the chat, and the games for the commentary by you.
2)Bickering is always fun :D
3)Gotta say that Sky Captain and A Game of Thrones are the best things ever.
4)A Game of Thrones, it even got me to watch the full series myself.
5)The Cuban water painting movie thing? Not enough Homoerotic Subtext.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 22, 2011, 03:11:59 am »

1) There isn't really a preference thing, well, until it's affected by 4 and 5. I'm pretty liberal with things.
2) Multiple people is always good, because hey, who doesn't like additional snark?
3) Weeeell, I sure as hell like any movie or show, but retro games are at the bottom of my list.
4) Cortex and Minecraft always caught my eye, Steamlands looked awesome, and CnC is always good I had for some time.
5) Eeeeh, League of Legends due to, like, a magical pheromone in my brain that makes me more inclined to fall asleep when DotA-esque things appear. Other than that, certain platformers.
Like Kid Chameleon. *shudder*

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #531 on: July 22, 2011, 05:17:39 am »

Game streams, though there was something special about watching Game of Thrones on the stream and short and really special things like the old man and the sea is wonderful.

2) Do you guys prefer me having other folks around to chat and bicker with when I stream, or do you prefer me to go on 1-man factoid tangents and rants?

Both have their merits, but I prefer it like this, 1 being bestest, and so on.
1. Soli
2. Soli+Sluggo
3. Soli+More people

3) Do you like classic media (retro games, old films, musicals), or more modern media (contemporary games, lesser-known films, etc) more?

It's not as much about from when it is as much as how good it is. Old Console Games can turn a bit bland though, but as can Modern FPS Shooters.

4) What was your favorite thing you've seen yet on the stream, and what did you like about it? IE. what would you like to see more of? You can be general or specific, but try to explain.

My absolute favourite stream was a late night(for me anyway) where the focus was less on the stream and more on just cozy chatting actually, but the favourite things to watch is Amnesia, FFH2 and some of the Minecraft stuff. And then I'd of course like to see some more Magicka and EU3 :b It'd also be fun to see you play DF some time.

5) What was the least interesting thing you've seen on the stream, and what turned you off? Be blunt and honest, and don't worry about offending anyone. It's helpful feedback to have.

Cortex Command, it feels so overdone by now, filled with horrible jokes and chat being insanely spammed with some weird semi-rp.

I don't really like the chat being spammed, I'd like to be able to read what is going on, I'd also like you to be able to follow it, so we have contact to you, instead of you merely beginning to ignore it since nothing sensible can be made out.

But summing the like/dislike up would be the more contact we have with you, the better. Then the rest is quite less important.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 22, 2011, 01:09:41 pm »

1. The games are fun to watch, movies I always seem to miss when you're playing them.
2. More people is good. usually.
3. Both
4. Old Man and the Sea, and the silly rp from the Cortex Command matches.
5. Kid Chameleon played too much.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 01:30:30 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 22, 2011, 01:27:05 pm »

5. Kid Chameleon plays too much.
He changed the queue, so now SMBX happens instead of KC.

• Uh. No idea.
  • Needs more cat.
  • Indifferent
  • Uh... dunno. Because half the archive has been deleted I don't even remember most of the stuff that happened.
  • You always start streaming several hours past bed time D:
It begins to dawn on me that all I just said has been a colossal waste of time.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 22, 2011, 02:29:07 pm »

1) Minecraft, FFH2 & Game of Thrones > all else.
2) A mix is best really.
3) Contemporary games, older movies and shows.
4) Game of Thrones is awesome, and all the different Civ games are awesome.
5) Honestly? Not a fun of the Cortex Command games. You guys do a lot to make it better, but my loathing for the base product is immense.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 22, 2011, 09:17:53 pm »

1. Game and film

2. Soli + More People

3. Sillyness and viewer input

4. Not sure. I'm bad at deciding on such things
It's FEF, not FEOF

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 22, 2011, 11:42:38 pm »

1) It doesn't really matter, in my opinion. Both are good.

2) I think that doing the stream alone is all good and cool, but if you don't feel like making factoids or whatnot, feel free to invite some friends to bicker with.

3) I...don't know, actually. Minecraft and Amnesia could be considered modern media, but I'm sure that some NES/SNES games are fun to watch.

4) Definitely enjoyed the Minecraft explorations to space as well as the Nations at War stream. They were just fun and hilarious. I also enjoyed Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. Best movie. I'm going to try getting a friend or two to watch it eventually. Amnesia was good, too, but you don't have to play it if you don't want to.

5) Ummm... I was first entertained by FfH2, when you did the Ice people (I totally can't remember their name), but sometimes it can get dry and boring in FfH2. Likewise, some of the Cortex Command videos were not so interesting, but some of them were very hilarious. With those two games, I feel like it's kind of a coin toss.
Also often called Boowells.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #537 on: July 23, 2011, 05:35:43 am »

1) Don't mind.
2) Either is fun.
3) As long as it's fun, I don't care. Whether that means a great game/movie you play/watch with Sluggo or a shitty game/movie that you rip to shreds.
4) Hell if I know.
5) ^

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 23, 2011, 09:33:46 am »

1. I'm not too interested in movie/ tv programs, but chatting with everybody about gay lovers in game of thrones is amusing.

2. It's cool, but sluggo should be  once a week, and the factoids should be more random and in-depth for no fathomnable reason.

4.I liked kid chameleon, fall from heaven,
 cortex command, though you don't do any of those really fun grudge matches anymore.

5. The minecraft adventures, especially group adventures, put me to sleep.
... Even that time I was playing with you.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 23, 2011, 02:54:34 pm »

I do appreciate folks taking the time to voice opinions on the stream. Thanks for the feedback so far. Keep them coming!

Anywho folks, we're going to be getting going on some Fall From Heaven 2 action; jumping ahead in time a bit, we revisit the Elves and their clockwork champion, and Surfacer-Dwarves. As the world descends closer toward Armageddon, driven along by Sluggo's endless war, the Dwarves sacrifice a city in order to call the aid of a splintered-off faction of Warrior-Angels, to stop the demons who are gating into the world. The Fate of Erebus will be decided today!

Oh, and also, I'm going to do a brief, thematic reading from Edgar Allen Poe to kick things off! Huzzah!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 147