Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36

Author Topic: (D&D 3.5ed) Fading North (Always recruiting)  (Read 31199 times)

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
Re: (D&D 3.5ed) Fading North (Always recruiting)
« Reply #240 on: March 15, 2011, 08:36:21 pm »

Comment on plans to become a wight, moghopper?

If you give me decent in game reasons for being a wight in game then you can do it after a few levels. Still, this would be a BAD idea. Undead are pretty much kill on sight no matter where you are so you had better get some way of hiding your undead-ness.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 15, 2011, 08:37:00 pm »

Criptfeind, this duel can only begin when you are ready and host a server. I wait patiently for death or glory.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 15, 2011, 08:40:07 pm »

I got the old EAP server up right now.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 15, 2011, 08:40:42 pm »

Eh, I'm not too worried. It's not like they have more Greater Dispel Magics prepared than I have uses of Mystic Shield, especially with that reminder about CL. I could make this cheaper... Or buy more of them.
Yeah, and even if they do have enough, you've got so many actions that him dispelling and you re-casting is a recipe for success.

I don't think there are any abilities that grant mind control, and even if there were my cohort could survive long enough for the Sarrukh to finish choking to death in space. Remember, his magic doesn't work on the solstice, so no air summoning for him. If his body is lost forever in space, then his god doesn't know where it is and can't personally resurrect him, which is what true resurrection requires. Divine knowledge of the death. For all the god knows, Pi'it'lith simply vanished.
...what? True resurrection only requires you to be able to clearly identify the person to be resurrected. And don't say Set won't know he's dead. He knows everything that happens within 10 miles of the guy; he watched your cohort kill him. And even if he's blind that day, what do you think he's going to think when he can't see him any more the next morning? "Gosh, my high priest has mysteriously vanished, but is undoubtedly still alive?" Oh, and that's assuming you somehow bind his soul so that it doesn't move on to the afterlife. You know, the one where he's going to appear at his god's side the moment he dies.
That would be the way to do it, I suppose. Bind his soul, then launch the gem containing it into deep space. Of course, you'd have a hard time getting him to fail the will save, with the crappy save DCs spells cast from items have, and there's the question of whether a soul bound in a gem still counts as a worshiper for the purposes of divine sight.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 15, 2011, 09:18:21 pm »

Question can I preform a ritual to make myself a skeleton so I cna avaenge my fathers death at the hands of the barbarians ?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 15, 2011, 09:26:53 pm »

You bury yourself alive near a big anthill for a few years.

You won't be an undead skeleton, but it'll work.

Why do you need to be a skeleton to avenge your dad?

Most importantly, why does everyone want to be undead?  Did Moghopper's whole "undead are kill on sight here" thing not sink in?

Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 15, 2011, 09:50:19 pm »

So. It is confirmed I can kill the old man with relative ease. Next is to see how good he is vs npcs.

(Barba got me back though, sent a bunch of orcs totaling around CR 3 at me, minced me up good.)

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 15, 2011, 10:00:58 pm »

Can I get in on the killing? I don't exactly know how to work maptools or hamachi, so can anyone tell me how to join the server?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 15, 2011, 10:06:25 pm »

Open hamachi, use the 'network' button at the top. Type in EAP as the name of the network. Leave the password field blank. Once you do that, right click the name GM and copy his address. Open Maptools. Click on File at the top. Click Join Existing Network. On the local network tab (far right), paste in the address, put 51234 as the port. Give yourself a name. Click Join. We can learn you from there.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 15, 2011, 10:09:56 pm »

It tells me the "network ID must be longer than 4 characters". You sure it's just EAP?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 15, 2011, 10:22:47 pm »

Ah, it's called EAPDND.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 16, 2011, 12:29:47 am »

You Saturday people watch this guy, he tried to move 40 feet. With a harpoon in him. Well prone. Luckily my dead body was close enough that (since being dead does nothing) I was able to stop him.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 16, 2011, 12:33:42 am »

But the withdraw rules use my speed, not my current speed. :P

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 16, 2011, 12:42:06 am »

Orrdus didn't do nearly as badly as some were expecting. Anything that's already slower than him, such as a dwarf, are doomed from the start. Anything that fails a reflex save does pretty badly too. All I need now is a warhorse so that I can actually ride around faster than standard, plus the bonus of being able to use my move action for weapon swapping instead of walking.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 16, 2011, 12:48:10 am »

But the withdraw rules use my speed, not my current speed. :P

:/

Harpoons at least make you move at half speed. Thus you would do your 40, then it is cut to 20.

Prone means you can not move, so you would do your 40 then get it cut to 0.

The thing about specific readings of rules is, when you start doing that it can cut both ways. You can not rule lawyer yourself out of deadly situations by being silly, because then some other silly rule can be interrupted wrong as well to kill you.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36