Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36

Author Topic: (D&D 3.5ed) Fading North (Always recruiting)  (Read 31210 times)

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (D&D 3.5ed) Fading North (Always recruiting)
« Reply #225 on: March 15, 2011, 06:21:43 pm »

Mystic Shield is applied to the caster, it is not a physical bubble. To target the spell is to target the caster.
Not true. A targeted dispel magic can target a creature, object, or spell, and there's nothing stopping you from targeting a spell that's on a creature.

Quote from: Vanigo
Tail graft or not, I doubt you were native to Toril.
Nope, I flew there. Manipulate Form doesn't require Toril nativity, though.
It doesn't? The version quoted in the Pun-Pun thread does.

That said, why didn't he just reduce all your stats to 1 or given you "Obeys Pi'it'lith like a golem obeys its creator" or something instead of making you even more powerful? Not like you could have stopped him. (And can't it only grant one ability per use, and therefore, in this case, ever?)
Because of some very unique circumstances. I threatened him with eternal death if he didn't grant my request. Eternal death meaning even his deity couldn't revive him. I attacked him during the Summer solstice, the one day of the year when Set refuses to grant him spells. I grappled him and flew into the void, dragging him along with me. Gods can't sense anything innately from places that are more than 10 miles from one of their followers, and dead people can't pray. I was planning on flying into space with him and leaving him there if he didn't grant me the ability. My insurance against him granting a different ability was the other Warforged I brought as a cohort with instructions to not give the Sarrukh access to his Bottle of Air unless he agreed. Even if he had killed me, he would be forever dead in the depths of space.
That would deal with the former, but not with the latter. He controls your mind forever, you kill your cohort, give him the bottle of air, and fly him home. Also, you don't need the body for a true resurrection, so even if his body was lost forever, so what?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 15, 2011, 06:56:18 pm »

Wait, how do you warforge in toril? Was this spelljammer?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 15, 2011, 06:58:06 pm »

It's Cheeseworld.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2011, 07:02:44 pm »

Speaking of which. How many levels is this game going to span you think Mog?

I got a prestige class that I am looking at, but to get in it will take six of my seven feats...

I don't really want to do that if we are not going to get to that level anyway.

I supose flaws will work though...

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 15, 2011, 07:07:15 pm »

It's Cheeseworld.
This makes me want to run a gestalt epic game with lax permissions on sourcebooks and a leaning towards RAW.

Anyways, I could pretty much only do this starting around 2-4 PM GMT Sunday, so I will have to be content watching in envy.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2011, 07:09:40 pm »

Thats it I am going to kill you all with a skeletal bunny.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2011, 07:10:13 pm »

It's Cheeseworld.
This makes me want to run a gestalt epic game with lax permissions on sourcebooks and a leaning towards RAW.
Don't you mean RAIITITIBOFMANN?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 15, 2011, 07:20:41 pm »

It's Cheeseworld.
Don't you mean RAIITITIBOFMANN?
My Google-fu is weak. Enlighten me.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 15, 2011, 07:21:37 pm »

Yeah.

Rules as I interpret them in this instance benefiting only me and not npcs.

Honestly it changes each time someone says it, so Google is no help at all. But the message is always the same.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 15, 2011, 07:36:41 pm »

I'm on a mac, so uploading a .rar wouldnt be the best solution. I just got it anyway. Sometime between 2:30 GMT and 3:00 GMT would still be better for me, but I might be able to make 2:00.

EDIT: Gametable doesn't work for me. Either maptools or something else.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 15, 2011, 07:53:43 pm »

can target a creature, object, or spell, and there's nothing stopping you from targeting a spell that's on a creature.
Eh, I'm not too worried. It's not like they have more Greater Dispel Magics prepared than I have uses of Mystic Shield, especially with that reminder about CL. I could make this cheaper... Or buy more of them.

It doesn't? The version quoted in the Pun-Pun thread does.
Ah, but they use the normal Sarrukh ability. I use the one on the entry for Pi'it'lith that has more restrictions.

That would deal with the former, but not with the latter. He controls your mind forever, you kill your cohort, give him the bottle of air, and fly him home. Also, you don't need the body for a true resurrection, so even if his body was lost forever, so what?
I don't think there are any abilities that grant mind control, and even if there were my cohort could survive long enough for the Sarrukh to finish choking to death in space. Remember, his magic doesn't work on the solstice, so no air summoning for him. If his body is lost forever in space, then his god doesn't know where it is and can't personally resurrect him, which is what true resurrection requires. Divine knowledge of the death. For all the god knows, Pi'it'lith simply vanished.

Wait, how do you warforge in toril? Was this spelljammer?
It was a 'quasi-realistic' setting that allowed travel between worlds via spaceflight. The worlds were all around one star, so usually it didn't take all that long with the kind of vessels that went between them. Space was still infinite, so you can still throw people into deep space.

If you attempt to ride a creature that is ill suited as a mount, you take a -5 penalty on your Ride checks....If you are riding bareback, you take a -5 penalty on Ride checks
Well hey, that's only a 17 or higher I need to roll. Unless I get a saddle, where I need a 12. I'll be needing more points in Ride plus some Ridin' tools.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 15, 2011, 07:56:11 pm »

Ahhh... It is 17 with the saddle, without it is 22.

And yeah, that sounds close enugh to spelljammer for me.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 15, 2011, 08:32:30 pm »

I'm on a mac, so uploading a .rar wouldnt be the best solution. I just got it anyway. Sometime between 2:30 GMT and 3:00 GMT would still be better for me, but I might be able to make 2:00.

EDIT: Gametable doesn't work for me. Either maptools or something else.

First post said we were using maptools, so you're good.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 15, 2011, 08:33:27 pm »

And maptools comes in a zip!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 15, 2011, 08:34:05 pm »

Comment on plans to become a wight, moghopper?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 36