Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36

Author Topic: (D&D 3.5ed) Fading North (Always recruiting)  (Read 31188 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (D&D 3.5ed) Fading North (Always recruiting)
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2011, 12:01:20 pm »

Goliath is LA +1.

Which implies that you will have no HD. Thus, NPC undead time for you.

(At least that is how I would do it if someone asked to be a LA race at level one.)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 12:05:21 pm by Criptfeind »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2011, 12:08:16 pm »

My human Duskblade will be posted soon. I should really just make it a water Orc and name him Maelrigar. That's basically what duskblades are, except that they get Heavy armor at level 7 and use Int instead of Cha

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2011, 12:58:15 pm »

How about the Goliath race?

No again. Why not just use a human or dwarf?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2011, 01:02:52 pm »

There should be negative LA classes.  A level 1 Goliath Dumbass would be the equivalent of a level 1 human.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2011, 01:54:24 pm »

Meh, just open it to more minimaxing.

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 14, 2011, 01:57:25 pm »

I'm also assuming that, because there is no Bahamut, that there are no dragonborn?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 02:10:33 pm by rty275 »

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 14, 2011, 01:59:03 pm »

I'm also assuming thy because there is no Bahamut that there are no dragonborn?

That is correct.

Okay, I've decided that I will host sessions on saturdays 3pm gmt and on sundays 10pm gmt. Do these times work for you all?

I'll also be dividing you all into groups, one for each session. Divide yourselves into two parties please.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 04:19:50 pm by moghopper »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 14, 2011, 04:23:15 pm »

Sure. That sould work.

I will be at the Sunday one. I should be able to make it in time.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 14, 2011, 04:24:05 pm »

I can do Sunday.  Saturday is 10 AM and I sleep in on Weekends so no go.
Shoes...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 14, 2011, 04:39:05 pm »

I have no Idea what that translates to in my time zone which is UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2011, 04:44:54 pm »

Yours is Saturday at 10 AM and Sunday at 5PM
Shoes...

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2011, 04:49:59 pm »

Ouch. I can't do 10pm GMT Sundays because I've got something an hour or two later. 3pm GMT on Saturday is also a no-go because my parents don't want me on the computer for the length of two sessions, and I'm giving precedence to shoruke's campaign. I could double session on Saturday or possibly get up early Sunday for a session.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2011, 05:03:31 pm »

Well, I can do saturdays at 2pm gmt

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 14, 2011, 07:00:52 pm »

Actually, due to Daylight Savings, the Saturday in Eastern is 11:00 am.

and I'm fine for either one, though I will have to wake up early, and figure out hamachi.

Also my character sheet has spells now.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 07:47:38 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 14, 2011, 07:58:12 pm »

I can do Sundays, not Saturdays. I'll join that party.

Vanigo, you underestimate the sheer power of free time and numerous sourcebooks.
That's, what, head, face, belt, cloak, arms, shirt, necklace? Kinda gimps you in any other situation. I assume you got this stuff just to kill him and didn't use it for anything else?
Nope, paid a little extra to have them as slotless components. Warforged are winners.

You do get a ton of nice immunities from Warforged Juggernaut, but how'd you get energy damage immunity? That's tough to come by, pre-epic, especially if most of your item slots are already accounted for. (It would be hilarious if this guy could take down a decently-built caster with an intelligent spell selection, but a stupid blasty-flying mage could take him down no problem.)
I used my slots mainly for this, plus the Sharn Consciousness I shared had a saint in it that gave some handy immunities.

(By the way, when you say concentration, you mean constitution, right? Didn't know there was a way to do that for reflex saves.)
Nope, concentration. I even got myself some items to enhance my concentration check. This sounds weird, but this is how it worked.

Ring of Evasion grants reflex evasion. The Tabard of Valor grants fort/will evasion. You can take the feat Martial Training up to three times to gain a maneuver, and thus I gained these three.

Moment of Perfect Mind - As an immediate action, you can replace any will save with a Concentration check.
Action Before Thought - As an immediate action, you can replace any reflex save with a Concentration check.
Mind over Body - As an immediate action, you can replace any fortitude save with a Concentration check.

You might be thinking that this trick would work only once, but there is a reason this character has a single level in Warblade. You can make a single attack and regain all your maneuvers previously spent. With the double-actions provided by the Sharn Consciousness and the acquirement of the Quickness ability from a Choker, this is a trivial cost.

With a shield enchanted with Mystic Shield as a constant effect, I was immune to all spells of 6th level or lower.
WTFBroken. I don't know where mystic shield is from, but judging from the globe of invulnerability spells, it's got to be ninth level. And a ninth level spell as a constant effect on an item? You just don't do that pre-epic, especially if the original spell lasted 1 round/level, which I certainly hope it did. I mean, that comes to what, 612,000 gold, just by the spell level*caster level*2000 thing? Way over the 200k limit.
It's actually an 8th level spell from the Anauroch: Empire of Shade adventure module. It lasted 1 minute per caster level, and though it was my most expensive item by far it easily fit within the 760,000gp wealth by level that 20th level characters get. I think I put it on my armor spikes to have it count as my Ancestral Relic and thus lower the cost somewhat.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36