Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36

Author Topic: (D&D 3.5ed) Fading North (Always recruiting)  (Read 31076 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: (D&D 3.5ed) Fading North (Always recruiting)
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2011, 04:36:24 pm »

Hm... Can I request Arcane Disciple from Dragon Magazine 311, p49?

Barring that, the Librarian from Giant in the Playground's Homebrew board, perhaps?

Anyways, I just got a ridiculous set of rolls from random.org

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2011, 04:44:45 pm »

Hm... Can I request Arcane Disciple from Dragon Magazine 311, p49?

Barring that, the Librarian from Giant in the Playground's Homebrew board, perhaps?

Anyways, I just got a ridiculous set of rolls from random.org

No on both counts i'm afraid.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2011, 05:10:18 pm »

Can I play as a Asherati (Pg 36 of sandstorm) no ability score changes, +1 NA, can make their body glow, needs less water but gets -1 to a bunch of stuff when submerged and can not hold their breath. Better at surviving high heats, +2 to move silently and hide, and, the signature ability, sandswim, can swim though sand, ash, dust, ect. (Have you ever heard of enough dust to swim though? Why did they even both adding that?)

They also get the eagle's claw as a racial weapon like a dwarf, think scimitar that is more costly but smaller.

If yes to above can I replace the scimitar with the eagle's claw as a weapon on my Discipline focus weapon list?

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2011, 05:11:44 pm »

Can I play as a Asherati (Pg 36 of sandstorm) no ability score changes, +1 NA, can make their body glow, needs less water but gets -1 to a bunch of stuff when submerged and can not hold their breath. Better at surviving high heats, +2 to move silently and hide, and, the signature ability, sandswim, can swim though sand, ash, dust, ect. (Have you ever heard of enough dust to swim though? Why did they even both adding that?)

They also get the eagle's claw as a racial weapon like a dwarf, think scimitar that is more costly but smaller.

If yes to above can I replace the scimitar with the eagle's claw as a weapon on my Discipline focus weapon list?

No asheteri. I don't particularly like them. Still they can't compare to kender. KENDER!!!!! >:(

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2011, 05:12:03 pm »

They added it because that's the desert book.  That would kick ass for a desert rogue or ranger to be able to dive into the sand and jump out behind people.

You hate kender but you're letting two necromancers into the group?  Necromancers, lolrandum CN Rogues, Kender.  The axis of twelve-year-old.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2011, 05:13:39 pm »

Not so much since they can not see without lighting up and they can not hide if they are lit up.

I will be making into human then.

(Probably a good thing because this guy sucks without the extra feat.)

Edit: Necromancers can be played well, you just need to avoid lolihave100skeltionsfollowingmeandidon'tknowtherulesonthem.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 05:16:17 pm by Criptfeind »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2011, 05:34:32 pm »

Hm... How about the Warmage (Complete Arcane, p10) or Duskblade (PH2, somewhere)?

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2011, 05:36:13 pm »

Hm... How about the Warmage (Complete Arcane, p10) or Duskblade (PH2, somewhere)?

Either or. Both are acceptable.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2011, 05:40:48 pm »

How closely are we going to be tracking food and what not. To be honest with the reduction in starting cash I am starting to run low to spend on basic supplies.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2011, 05:51:37 pm »

How closely are we going to be tracking food and what not. To be honest with the reduction in starting cash I am starting to run low to spend on basic supplies.

It won't be an issue until later. You will be supplied for the first little while.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2011, 06:08:46 pm »

Here's what I get for rolling everything randomly for once.

What is it? It's a freakin' fighter with 5 strength, that's what.

Orrdus is a grey-bearded man born 64 years ago. He was once a fighter of great renown, traveling the length and breadth of the land as a mercenary. His skills were valuable, and his clients ranged from commoners with bandit problems to nobles with noble problems. While he doesn't abhor murder, he's fine with getting a bit of blood on his hands. More than twenty years ago, Orrdus retired to become a philosopher in Ostford. Orrdus wrote books and taught at the local schools, living a strangely quiet life. In his old age, however, Orrdus has begun to miss the thrill of adventure, and has picked up his old harpoons to begin anew. His strength has waned with age, and his bones are stiff now, but with the help of hits wits and his trusty steed, he seeks to once more make a name for himself. He is not a large man, nor is he exceptionally well equipped. His cunning will aid him greatly, though.

Oh boy, I just justified a non-psionic fighter with a total physical stat modifier of -5 and a total mental stat modifier of +7.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2011, 06:18:08 pm »

Here's what I get for rolling everything randomly for once.

What is it? It's a freakin' fighter with 5 strength, that's what.

Orrdus is a grey-bearded man born 64 years ago. He was once a fighter of great renown, traveling the length and breadth of the land as a mercenary. His skills were valuable, and his clients ranged from commoners with bandit problems to nobles with noble problems. While he doesn't abhor murder, he's fine with getting a bit of blood on his hands. More than twenty years ago, Orrdus retired to become a philosopher in Ostford. Orrdus wrote books and taught at the local schools, living a strangely quiet life. In his old age, however, Orrdus has begun to miss the thrill of adventure, and has picked up his old harpoons to begin anew. His strength has waned with age, and his bones are stiff now, but with the help of hits wits and his trusty steed, he seeks to once more make a name for himself. He is not a large man, nor is he exceptionally well equipped. His cunning will aid him greatly, though.

Oh boy, I just justified a non-psionic fighter with a total physical stat modifier of -5 and a total mental stat modifier of +7.

You could re-role those if you want. I mean, 5 strength?

and you went over the 80 gold limit.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2011, 06:26:43 pm »

Or. You can not take -3 to str from age. a eight is not that bad.

Or you know, put the eight somewhere that you do not need.

8, 10, 13, 13, 16, 11 is not that bad.

That is a total mod of +4.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 06:28:36 pm by Criptfeind »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2011, 06:28:30 pm »

Ok now I think we can decide on some game times.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2011, 06:36:51 pm »

Another Hilarius thing about old man fighter, you can not even carry all your stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36