Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36

Author Topic: (D&D 3.5ed) Fading North (Always recruiting)  (Read 31073 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: (D&D 3.5ed) Fading North (Always recruiting)
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2011, 10:22:38 pm »

I own to copies of legend of Dragoon  :P I thought I was the only one who still owned a copy,and right  now I am playing battle of wesnoth
Yeah, I recently, while replaying the part I've actually played, realized:
 - Dart has ridiculous amounts of defense
 - Albert hits like a semi truck
 - Rose's first spell makes Shana nearly useless for healing
 - Shana is actually useful if you take the time to get her offensive spell
 - My timing improves FAST.
Also I have played BoW as well. I've heard that the Dungeon Keeper series is good, as well.
Also yay, the background is starting.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2011, 10:23:37 pm »

Contributing to completely off-topic discussion:  Legend of Dragoon was okay.  The combat system could've been a bit more robust, it's 90% basic melee attacks and the combo system, while cool, doesn't make up for the dearth of options.

Contributing to thread:  Is there any info on what the most likely session times are?  I'm making a ranger and I might use him depending on how things go.
Shoes...

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2011, 10:31:35 pm »

Somewhat interested. I presume each stat is 4d6 drop lowest?

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2011, 10:36:57 pm »

Somewhat interested. I presume each stat is 4d6 drop lowest?

Indeed!

Important note! I'm currently FIXING the special materials while SOBER, so they should be balanced by tommorow.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 11:16:03 pm by moghopper »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2011, 11:35:08 pm »

Aevar
Male CN Human Ranger, Level 1, Init +3, HP 10/10, Speed 30
AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +1, Base Attack Bonus 1   
  Shortbow (40) +4 (1d6, x3)
  Shortsword +3 (1d6+2, 19-20/x2)
  Leather Armor,   Buckler (+2 Armor, +1 Shield, +3 Dex)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 16, Con 15, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 7
Condition None
Shoes...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2011, 12:05:58 am »

I'll make a character for this. I might play if the game is on Tuesdays or Thursdays.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2011, 12:55:18 am »

Okay. I am going put up a char sheet, it is going be all wrong because it was made as a level 5. But I am going to bed now and will fix it later.

Also the race and back story are messed up, but it should give you a idea. (Now that I think about it a Aventi may not be a bad idea in this game, but that is a issue for later.)

Ghenor Irucha
Stats

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2011, 02:38:35 am »

I have no way of proving that these were my first rolls, but I give you my word that they were. It's not like I'd fake a five. I couldn't decide where to put it, so I rolled some more dice to randomly assign them to a slot. I'll probably be some sort of skill monkey or finger wiggler, but I might be able to make something else work by moving around the values. I'm thinking of trying out an undead character to go along with the necromantic theme some people seem to be carrying.

STR - 5
DEX - 8
CON - 11
INT - 17
WIS - 14
CHA - 12

And what is your opinion on these?

Dark Elf (lesser) - a race that is akin to drow, but less powerful bonus abilities and no level adjustment. (Player's Guide to Faerun page 191)

Necropolitan - (This is from Libris Mortis page 114) A template with no level adjustment that basically just turns you undead at the cost of becoming undead.

Elemental Skeleton Templates - (These are from Libris Mortis page 162) The Fiery, Frost, Electrical, and Nimble skeleton templates grant a minor ability, such as being on fire. They have no level adjustment, but raise the CR of the creature by 1/2. If I could take one, it would be only one.

More to come later.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2011, 10:03:45 am »

I have no way of proving that these were my first rolls, but I give you my word that they were. It's not like I'd fake a five. I couldn't decide where to put it, so I rolled some more dice to randomly assign them to a slot. I'll probably be some sort of skill monkey or finger wiggler, but I might be able to make something else work by moving around the values. I'm thinking of trying out an undead character to go along with the necromantic theme some people seem to be carrying.

STR - 5
DEX - 8
CON - 11
INT - 17
WIS - 14
CHA - 12

And what is your opinion on these?

Dark Elf (lesser) - a race that is akin to drow, but less powerful bonus abilities and no level adjustment. (Player's Guide to Faerun page 191)

Necropolitan - (This is from Libris Mortis page 114) A template with no level adjustment that basically just turns you undead at the cost of becoming undead.

Elemental Skeleton Templates - (These are from Libris Mortis page 162) The Fiery, Frost, Electrical, and Nimble skeleton templates grant a minor ability, such as being on fire. They have no level adjustment, but raise the CR of the creature by 1/2. If I could take one, it would be only one.

More to come later.

I believe you when you say that those were your roles.

As for the races... NOOOO

Dark elves don't exist in the north, and necropolitans would essentially be kill on sight for most people. And that template really wouldn't fit with things either. Sorry

axu

• Bay Watcher
  • DM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2011, 11:29:42 am »

If I can join, I take up Half-Orc Barbarian. Could you do that for me, plz. I'm not very good at D&D 3.5  :P

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2011, 12:40:08 pm »

You need to be level three to take the Necropolitan template anyway.

Unless you want to turn into a NPC shadow from level loss.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2011, 02:38:36 pm »

Okey dokey, I think I know what I'm doing now. What is your opinion on the Zen Archery feat from Complete Warrior that lets you use WIS instead of DEX for ranged attack rolls? Also, can we take flaws or traits?

EDIT: One more question. What about exotic weapons?

Harpoon - (Stormwrack p107 or Frostburn p76) - 1d10 damage, 20/x2 critical, 30' range increment, and has the interesting ability to lodge inside a foe that has been hit. "If a Harpoon deals damage, it becomes lodged in the
target (RefNeg, DC = 10 + damage). While lodged, the target is at ½ movement & cannot run or charge. Removing the Harpoon requires two hands & a Full Round Action and deals the damage again unless a Heal check vs. DC 15 is made"

Repeating Heavy Crossbow - (PH p117) - 1d10 damage, 19-20/x2 critical, 120’  range increment, and the magazine holds 5 bolts. (Attaching a new magazine is a Full Round action)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 02:51:38 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2011, 02:52:43 pm »

If I can join, I take up Half-Orc Barbarian. Could you do that for me, plz. I'm not very good at D&D 3.5  :P

Sure.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2011, 02:53:29 pm »

Okey dokey, I think I know what I'm doing now. What is your opinion on the Zen Archery feat from Complete Warrior that lets you use WIS instead of DEX for ranged attack rolls? Also, can we take flaws or traits?

EDIT: One more question. What about exotic weapons?

Harpoon - (Stormwrack p107 or Frostburn p76) - 1d10 damage, 20/x2 critical, 30' range increment, and has the interesting ability to lodge inside a foe that has been hit. "If a Harpoon deals damage, it becomes lodged in the
target (RefNeg, DC = 10 + damage). While lodged, the target is at ½ movement & cannot run or charge. Removing the Harpoon requires two hands & a Full Round Action and deals the damage again unless a Heal check vs. DC 15 is made"

Repeating Heavy Crossbow - (PH p117) - 1d10 damage, 19-20/x2 critical, 120’  range increment, and the magazine holds 5 bolts. (Attaching a new magazine is a Full Round action)

Those are all acceptable

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2011, 03:00:13 pm »

That crossbow costs more money than you have, though.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36