Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36

Author Topic: (D&D 3.5ed) Fading North (Always recruiting)  (Read 31072 times)

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
Re: (D&D 3.5ed) Fading North (Always recruiting)
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2011, 06:37:30 pm »

Indeed.

When do people want to have sessions? I'm thinking we can split players into two different parties if thats good by you all.

Anyhow, I can do sessions:
Monday
tuesday
thursday mournings/evenings
fridays
saturday afternoons
sunday mournings/afternoons

What times (in GMT) can you each make?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2011, 06:40:11 pm »

Out of those, I would say that Sunday at GMT 10 PM to GMT4ish AM work best.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2011, 06:40:49 pm »

Barbarossa, as much as I revere intresting and original characters, this one is just stupid and unplayable. And a very bad choice.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2011, 06:41:14 pm »

Or. You can not take -3 to str from age. a eight is not that bad.

Or you know, put the eight somewhere that you do not need.

8, 10, 13, 13, 16, 11 is not that bad.

That is a total mod of +4.
I don't think he applied aging modifiers in the first place. So, really, his stats would be 2, 4, 7, 17, 20, 15. I'd pretty much call that character unplayable.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2011, 06:42:58 pm »

and you went over the 80 gold limit.
Where was that? I just used the fighter starting gold and some dice. Shall I redo that, then?

Or. You can not take -3 to str from age. a eight is not that bad.

Or you know, put the eight somewhere that you do not need.

8, 10, 13, 13, 16, 11 is not that bad.

That is a total mod of +4.
It's only -1 to physical and +1 to mental for old age. You're thinking of the venerable category. So yes, 8, 10, 13, 13, 16, 11 isn't too bad, but before age modifiers it was actually 6, 8, 11, 14, 17, 11. Originally it was a total mod of +3. Now it's a total mod of +2, but with the main stat I use being higher. It's certainly not the best character I've ever seen, but I don't believe in remaking a character because of some bad rolls. If it's as bad as it looks, it'll die off pretty quickly anyway. If it doesn't, I suppose I can brag about my 5 strength fighter making it through an entire campaign.

Tuesday evenings would be preferable for me, though I don't know about any other times yet.

Another Hilarius thing about old man fighter, you can not even carry all your stuff.
Huh. Who would have thought that a chain shirt would weigh 25 pounds? That's what a full-out steel hauberk weighs. Just the shirt should weigh a bit less. Ah well, maybe I'll shuffle that around a bit.

Barbarossa, as much as I revere interesting and original characters, this one is just stupid and unplayable. And a very bad choice.
Stupid, maybe. Unplayable, certainly not. With my feat choices, Orrdus should make for a fine skirmisher or disabler. Harpoons are nice in that regard.

I don't think he applied aging modifiers in the first place. So, really, his stats would be 2, 4, 7, 17, 20, 15. I'd pretty much call that character unplayable.[/quote]
Actually I did. I'm not that stupid.

SO MANY NINJAS.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2011, 06:47:47 pm »

Barbarossa, as much as I revere interesting and original characters, this one is just stupid and unplayable. And a very bad choice.

Not to mention you can not even start at that age, so against the rules (rules that no one cares about but rules none the less.)

Do you guys think it is worth it to buy a mule? They can carry a hell of a lot, and I don't see any real beefy guys to carry our stuff around.

It's only -1 to physical and +1 to mental for old age. You're thinking of the venerable category. So yes, 8, 10, 13, 13, 16, 11 isn't too bad, but before age modifiers it was actually 6, 8, 11, 14, 17, 11. Originally it was a total mod of +3. Now it's a total mod of +2, but with the main stat I use being higher. It's certainly not the best character I've ever seen, but I don't believe in remaking a character because of some bad rolls. If it's as bad as it looks, it'll die off pretty quickly anyway. If it doesn't, I suppose I can brag about my 5 strength fighter making it through an entire campaign.

Looks like you forgot about middle age.

Now your strength is 3... If you don't get some strength up you die when you hit 70.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2011, 06:55:39 pm »

Anyday except for during the weekdays then I can only play after school.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2011, 06:56:29 pm »

Well, it looks like some old coot got his fighter degree through a mail-order service and went off to adventure because he's senile
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2011, 06:59:13 pm »

Some old coot with highly advanced type two Osteogenesis.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2011, 07:48:34 pm »

Can't do weekdays.

Also, I managed to nail some bitchin' stats. 14, 13, 18, 10, 13, 16. I guess the dice were on my side.

Character sheet soon, as mythweavers seems to be down right now.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2011, 07:55:06 pm »

Mules are only 6 gold pieces IIRC, so we may as well if we have spare money.
Well, it looks like some old coot got his fighter degree through a mail-order service and went off to adventure because he's senile

Now your strength is 3... If you don't get some strength up you die when you hit 70.
Oh hey, it looks like I did. Well, it sounds like everyone wants me to redo these stats anyway, and I admit that a 3 is a terrible stat. I rolled again and arranged the stats in the same order, magnitude-wise.

STR - 8 (6)
DEX - 11 (9)
CON - 13 (11)
INT - 15 (16)
WIS - 17 (18)
CHA - 14 (15)

'tis all okey dokey?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2011, 08:05:09 pm »

Mules are only 6 gold pieces IIRC, so we may as well if we have spare money.

Oh hey, it looks like I did. Well, it sounds like everyone wants me to redo these stats anyway, and I admit that a 3 is a terrible stat. I rolled again and arranged the stats in the same order, magnitude-wise.

STR - 8 (6)
DEX - 11 (9)
CON - 13 (11)
INT - 15 (16)
WIS - 17 (18)
CHA - 14 (15)

'tis all okey dokey?

That works.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2011, 08:06:34 pm »

They are eight, and I will pick up the tab because I bit the bullet and got Darts instead of a crossbow and because my weapons and armor leave me with four pounds under the max for a light load.

Also even with that is still wrong because age modifiers stack.

Also if you go with a really old guy, every night better be story time.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 08:11:47 pm by Criptfeind »

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2011, 08:20:41 pm »

Please, tell me you're joking, Barb.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2011, 08:25:10 pm »

Also even with that is still wrong because age modifiers stack.

Also if you go with a really old guy, every night better be story time.
According to the SRD, the Old category has -2 to physical, +1 to mental. And I will totally do story time. I'll start preparing stories now.

Please, tell me you're joking, Barb.
About what?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36