Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36

Author Topic: (D&D 3.5ed) Fading North (Always recruiting)  (Read 31084 times)

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
Re: (D&D 3.5ed) Fading North (Always recruiting)
« Reply #405 on: March 19, 2011, 10:59:08 pm »

well if you minmax like a a mofo, and tool up SPECIFICALLY for this monster. then....

still no, if your DM has pulled this shit on you, he WILL kill you. possibly by introducing it's friends.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 19, 2011, 11:01:29 pm »

Pifff if you are at level 100 you are asking for it anyway.

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 19, 2011, 11:05:41 pm »

if you are level 100 you're probably at the stage of,
LVL100 'Will you be the one to finally kill me?'
DM 'We'll never know, I ran out of dice.'

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 19, 2011, 11:25:33 pm »

Simple. Make it a non-construct, and deal 1 cha drain. I think I could do it by level 17.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 19, 2011, 11:29:48 pm »

How to kill a Neutronium Golem in 6 easy steps:

Step 1: Become a 20th level Warlock and get the Eldritch Might ability, which allows you to ignore spell resistance.
Step 2: Pay a 11th level wizard 150 gold to cast Magic Circle Against Evil (focused inwards), Dimensional Anchor, and then Planar Binding to summon an efreet.
Step 3: Offer the efreet  50,000 gold for 3 wishes.
Step 4: wish for 25,000 gold twice (to pay the efreeet) and a Ring Of Infinite Divinely Quickened Wishes (normally this would require an ungodly XP cost, but SLAs ignore XP costs)
Step 5: Use your fancy new ring to create 240 Orange Ioun Stones and a scroll of Blasphemy, Holy Word, Dictum or Word of Chaos as your alignment dictates.
Step 6: Cast the scroll with an effective caster level of 260, instantly slaying the Neutronium Golem with no save.
Step 7 (optional): Set up a contingency to keep doing that every time more port in.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 19, 2011, 11:32:31 pm »

Rty:

Can you do it without spells or spell-like abilities that respect spell resistance?

Can you do it from more than a thousand miles away?  It can use a pulsed x-ray every round as a free action, doing all of the damage (Divine Fire, so no fire resistance for you) with no saves.

Grek:

Thousand miles away?
Shoes...

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 19, 2011, 11:35:40 pm »

You can cast those spells contingently using a warlock power. Get a contingency to port in, one to cast the killing spell, and one to port out. Set them all to trigger when you drop your pants, moon the DM and say "Shazzam!"

Then get kicked out of the comic book store and arrested.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 19, 2011, 11:37:12 pm »

You can cast those spells contingently using a warlock power. Get a contingency to port in, one to cast the killing spell, and one to port out. Set them all to trigger when you drop your pants, moon the DM and say "Shazzam!"

Or get Chased sown the street with D&D Players throwing Rulebooks at you.

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 19, 2011, 11:52:38 pm »

Step 1: Become a 20th level Warlock and get the Eldritch Might ability, which allows you to ignore spell resistance.
Step 2: Pay a 11th level wizard 150 gold to cast Magic Circle Against Evil (focused inwards), Dimensional Anchor, and then Planar Binding to summon an efreet.
Step 4: wish for 25,000 gold twice (to pay the efreeet) and a Ring Of Infinite Divinely Quickened Wishes (normally this would require an ungodly XP cost, but SLAs ignore XP costs)
Step 5: Use your fancy new ring to create 240 Orange Ioun Stones and a scroll of Blasphemy, Holy Word, Dictum or Word of Chaos as your alignment dictates.
Step 6: Cast the scroll with an effective caster level of 260, instantly slaying the Neutronium Golem with no save.
Step 7 (optional): Set up a contingency to keep doing that every time more port in.
That doesn't work at all. Orange ioun stones don't work on scrolls, efreeti wishes are generally monkey's paw types, that ring is just incredibly retarded, and ignoring spell resistance usually doesn't let you ignore spell immunity. Plus, I don't know what warlock you're looking at, but the one I have in front of me doesn't have anything like Eldritch Might. Oh, and I don't know which book you're pulling that contingency invocation from, but I'd be very surprised if it let you have more than one running at a time.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 20, 2011, 12:01:04 am »

Well, there's also the fact that your DM would never let you do it, even if you did manage to come up with a rules monstrosity that let you do it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 20, 2011, 12:06:23 am »

Simple. Make it a non-construct, and deal 1 cha drain. I think I could do it by level 17.

Like to see you try.

Wish does not work that way.

That would still kill you.

Really the thing that I dislike the most is that apparently wish became a all powerful engine of infinity without anyone noticing.

Or it did not but people have stop reading it past the name.

It is a god damn spell and has limitations.

Edit: These issues are only the tip of the iceberg.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 12:13:59 am by Criptfeind »

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 20, 2011, 01:54:46 am »

The problem with the NG is that ludicrous strength check for accretion. If it didn't have that ability, I could easily make a warblade that could solo it before epic.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 20, 2011, 10:57:27 am »

Hm... Epic level, infinite range, swift cast save-or-die with DC of 181, no SR, and not a Fort save?

Also, the Neutronium Golem doesn't need the fort save, because it lacks a Con score.

Alternatively, get an epic-level spell that infinitely controls a mindless creature?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 20, 2011, 11:07:53 am »

The problem with the NG is that ludicrous strength check for accretion. If it didn't have that ability, I could easily make a warblade that could solo it before epic.

Okay, assume it does not have that, how would you do it? Because you seem to be talking out your ass right now.

Hm... Epic level, infinite range, swift cast save-or-die with DC of 181, no SR, and not a Fort save?

Also, the Neutronium Golem doesn't need the fort save, because it lacks a Con score.

Alternatively, get an epic-level spell that infinitely controls a mindless creature?

It is immune to both of those.

Atomicdremora

• Bay Watcher
  • I GM out of love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 20, 2011, 11:18:35 am »

Am I okay to play tonight?
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36