Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36

Author Topic: (D&D 3.5ed) Fading North (Always recruiting)  (Read 31177 times)

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (D&D 3.5ed) Fading North (Always recruiting)
« Reply #210 on: March 15, 2011, 01:50:24 pm »

Easy. 2d6 form greatsword. 3d6 from TWC, 3d6 from channeled shocked grasp(or anything else), 3d6 from blade of blood, +6 2h str, and another +6 from powerattack.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Vanigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 15, 2011, 01:53:27 pm »

Quote from: Vanigo
Quote from: Barbarossa the Seal God
On the Mystic Shield item, I thought that looked fishy. Looking back at my old sheet, it turns out what I bought instead was a 4-charge per day magic item with the spell on it at CL 20. Only good-aligned Warforged Juggernauts could use it, so that reduced the cost by 30% down to 161,280gp. Easily affordable that way, and that's still 80 minutes of protection as a standard action.
That makes much more sense. It's also dispellable, of course, but that's one less spell he has to mess up your day with.
Greater Dispel Magic is a 6th level spell, my friend.
Yeah, but unless the spell specifically says otherwise, you can still target the mystic shield directly. Targetting you would have the added bonus of possibly dispelling all your other stuff, but unless he had a reaving dispel or the like, that's not going to happen.
(Reaving dispel would be awesome in this situation, though. How many buffs did you have running?)
And, hey, wait, wouldn't the cost before the reduction have been about 230,000 gp, over the threshold? I'm pretty sure that's still epic. (And I'm pretty sure there's a sidebar or something somewhere that says "Dont' let your players benefit from the skill required/class or alignment required discounts when making items; the items are less valuable on the open market, but no less valuable to them." Not in the DMG like I thought, though.) Hardly matters, though; you could have gotten almost the same reduction by knocking CL down to 15.

Well, that's exactly how I got the Independent Action ability. We banned infinite loops, so there was only one way to actually have this work. The albino high priest of the Sarrukh, Pi'it'lith, has a slightly nerfed form of the ability that can only be used once on a creature and never to grant Manipulate Form, It can only be used on a scaled one, but that's why I got a yuan-ti tail graft. To pull this off I actually did have to prove that I could by fighting him and threatening him with death if he wouldn't grant me that ability. Good times. Pun-Pun used the ability of the standard Sarrukh that has no such restrictions.
Wow. Even with those restrictions, I can hardly believe anybody put Manipulate Form into their game. I mean, Pun-Pun is not so much a character as a great big neon sign that says "This is why Manipulate Form is a terrible, terrible, idea and no one should ever use it". And, yeah, he plugged the omnipotence loophole, but it's still a ludicrously open-ended ability that enables some insanely overpowered stuff. Grafting any ability onto any creature is just a recipe for madness. (Also, tail graft or not, I doubt you were native to Toril.)
That said, why didn't he just reduce all your stats to 1 or given you "Obeys Pi'it'lith like a golem obeys its creator" or something instead of making you even more powerful? Not like you could have stopped him. (And can't it only grant one ability per use, and therefore, in this case, ever?)

And you haven't explained that saint thing, either. I can't figure out how that's supposed to work.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 15, 2011, 01:58:37 pm »

Easy. 2d6 form greatsword. 3d6 from TWC, 3d6 from channeled shocked grasp(or anything else), 3d6 from blade of blood, +6 2h str, and another +6 from powerattack.

Using spells is hardly something that is war blade only, your talking about anyone who can carry a greatsword here. (Who are normally the people that can not cast spells.)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 15, 2011, 03:29:46 pm »

By warblade being able to channel spells, do you mean duskblades? Because I'm not sure warblades can cast spells.

Either way, giving a close combat fighter the ability to channel spells through his weapon is a dangerous thing.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 15, 2011, 03:34:03 pm »

I had to re-install maptools, and hamachi now its done.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 15, 2011, 04:43:58 pm »

Greater Dispel Magic is a 6th level spell, my friend.
Yeah, but unless the spell specifically says otherwise, you can still target the mystic shield directly. Targetting you would have the added bonus of possibly dispelling all your other stuff, but unless he had a reaving dispel or the like, that's not going to happen.[/quote]
Mystic Shield is applied to the caster, it is not a physical bubble. To target the spell is to target the caster.

Tail graft or not, I doubt you were native to Toril.
Nope, I flew there. Manipulate Form doesn't require Toril nativity, though.

That said, why didn't he just reduce all your stats to 1 or given you "Obeys Pi'it'lith like a golem obeys its creator" or something instead of making you even more powerful? Not like you could have stopped him. (And can't it only grant one ability per use, and therefore, in this case, ever?)
Because of some very unique circumstances. I threatened him with eternal death if he didn't grant my request. Eternal death meaning even his deity couldn't revive him. I attacked him during the Summer solstice, the one day of the year when Set refuses to grant him spells. I grappled him and flew into the void, dragging him along with me. Gods can't sense anything innately from places that are more than 10 miles from one of their followers, and dead people can't pray. I was planning on flying into space with him and leaving him there if he didn't grant me the ability. My insurance against him granting a different ability was the other Warforged I brought as a cohort with instructions to not give the Sarrukh access to his Bottle of Air unless he agreed. Even if he had killed me, he would be forever dead in the depths of space.

And you haven't explained that saint thing, either. I can't figure out how that's supposed to work.
Give me a bit to figure that one out. It's been a while since I used the character.

So how about that Ride penalty for a lack of saddle? What is that, -5?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 15, 2011, 04:48:42 pm »

Okay I take your challenge for a fake battle. With a average of over 3/4 of your turns taken up by trying to control your mount I think I can take you.

Unless you dismount... Then I still think I can take you, it will just be harder.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 04:50:28 pm by Criptfeind »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 15, 2011, 04:50:12 pm »

One question may I get a bunch of ant skeletons for my inventory. Yosummon them in battle ?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 15, 2011, 04:51:06 pm »

That is not how necromancery works adwarf...

If you don't know how to play a necromancer... why are you playing one?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 15, 2011, 04:53:09 pm »

Its a joke I am just kidding

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 15, 2011, 04:54:26 pm »

Okay hah hah ah...

I don't get it.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 15, 2011, 05:00:14 pm »

So, to jump into Barb's conversation, this is one of the few uses I can tell that there is for the Heighten Spell metamagic feat. Greater Dispel Magic Heightened to 7.

Also, from d20srd.org:
If you attempt to ride a creature that is ill suited as a mount, you take a -5 penalty on your Ride checks....If you are riding bareback, you take a -5 penalty on Ride checks

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 15, 2011, 05:04:21 pm »

They are ants what could they do ?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 15, 2011, 05:20:21 pm »

In case you actually don't know how it works, you don't summon them, you have to create them.  It's costly, because of expensive reagents; and dangerous, because most people don't take kindly to creepy guys in black fucking around with their dead ancestors.  Since they aren't summoned, they don't go away after the fight so you'll probably need to have a place set up to hide them.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 15, 2011, 05:30:11 pm »

So, to jump into Barb's conversation, this is one of the few uses I can tell that there is for the Heighten Spell metamagic feat. Greater Dispel Magic Heightened to 7.

Also, from d20srd.org:
If you attempt to ride a creature that is ill suited as a mount, you take a -5 penalty on your Ride checks....If you are riding bareback, you take a -5 penalty on Ride checks

The question is, is a mule ill suited? I would put it to that they mean orges.

They are ants what could they do ?

Swarms are some of the most under CRed monsters around.

so you'll probably need to have a place set up to hide them.

Lucky the ground is easy for a tireless dead to dig into.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36