Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Spooky Empty Town.  (Read 4196 times)

The Tyrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Si non confectus, non reficiat.
    • View Profile
Re: Spooky Empty Town.
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 07:04:33 pm »

I've come across a few towns that have no shopkeepers but have full inventories. Only on long-genned worlds though. It was frustrating to find a shop that finally sold iron goods only for it to be abandoned. I didn't steal from them because I didn't want to risk them still counting as being part of the nearby civ's who I'd prefer if they kept on speaking to me.
Stove has created The Consequences of Biting, a legendary MSPaint engraving. It is studded with pixels, encrusted with pixels, and menaces with spikes of pixels and hanging rings of pixels. On the item is an image of SOME SERIOUS SHIT.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 08:02:49 am »

Did the last version have spooky towns with no one in them, that still had many shops filled with goods (and no shopkeepers)?

I've seen many spooky empty castles, or cursed ones with infinite wrestler guards, but I've never seen towns behave this way before. There are over a dozen shops in this town, and none of them have shopkeepers in them. No. It is not nighttime. I found one lone citizen in a non-shop building, but other than that the place is a dead zone.

imagine the horror i felt when i saw a human town filled with elves

Why horror? Any self-respecting adventurer would feel extreme hapiness at finding a town full of elves to slaughter! Especially considering how hard they are to find nowadays. :P

Doro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 08:48:54 am »

Now that i think of it, i havent killed a single elf since 40d  :-*
That needs to be fixed asap

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile