Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bikers?  (Read 992 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Bikers?
« on: March 11, 2011, 09:12:44 pm »

Out of curiousity, how many bikers do we have around here?

I just started bike commuting again today.  It's a bit earlier than I would have liked, since it's still below 40F most of the time here, but my wife couldn't wait any longer to get the car back.  It's not that I'm uncomfortable while riding.  It's just a pain in the ass spending 5 minutes suiting up 4 times a day.

If you do ride, do you ever brave elements or are you the summer weekend joy ride type?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Bikers?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 09:29:20 pm »

Bikers as in bicycles or motorcycles?
Hello Hunam

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 09:38:09 pm »

Bikers on Tricycles
I've played a guitar with my penis.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 09:41:55 pm »

Motorcycles.  I wondered if I should clarify, but I thought the 5 minutes of suiting up would make it clear enough.  Not implying stupidity or anything.  Now that I think about it, there are plenty of people who would bundle up that much before riding a bicycle in 35F weather.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 01:16:41 am »

Psh, motor vehicles. Legs work fine.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 01:52:09 am »

Psh, legs. Motor vehicles work fine.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2011, 01:56:18 am »

Psh, legs. Motor vehicles work fine.

Psh, physical contact with the earth.  Levitation works fine.

Motorcycles.  I wondered if I should clarify, but I thought the 5 minutes of suiting up would make it clear enough.  Not implying stupidity or anything.  Now that I think about it, there are plenty of people who would bundle up that much before riding a bicycle in 35F weather.
Around here it's typically cold/rainy enough that "5 minutes of suiting up" could really go either way.  Plus, bicycles are more common by far.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2011, 02:02:29 am »

Psh, ambulation. Sitting around works fine.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2011, 02:15:27 am »

Psh derail, staying on topic works fine.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 07:01:09 am »

ive been out in pretty cold weather. The worst was probably going up about 2000ft, in a very cold febuary. The road was clear , but there was about 4ft of snow on either side of the road. I went up into the clouds and got so cold i couldnt squeeze the front break, or change gears, my joints stiffened up. I had to stall to a stop, get off, put my hands down my pants and jog until the blood started circulating again, looked like a right tool to passers by. Ive regularly been out at temperatures below 40F, possibly down as far as 20F. Just not when there is ice on the roads.
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 08:22:32 am »

I'm not a Biker myself, but my Mum rides one, and it's just too much fun to say no to riding on the back of it. She doesn't particularly like riding when the road's wet, but she commutes to work on it when it's warm enough.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 09:04:47 am »

My folks are both big time bikers, and since we live in Daytona Beach we always have a bunch of friends of the family coming down and staying at our place this time of year.  It's bike week after all.

They all left this morning.  Good folks.

As to the question, no I don't ride.  But I'm surrounded by bikers so I think I understand a little of it at least.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!