Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: How do I get rid of OWNED food?  (Read 6184 times)

Dreggon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I get rid of OWNED food?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 09:46:56 pm »

I've never had tombs, so I've never had that.  Nobles get a statue in their grave to boost value, but they get their burial rights revoked upon death and get shoved in a -fungiwood coffin- anyways.

That's genius. Each noble can be assigned to the same tomb!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 10:01:08 pm »

The answer to owned food taking up space is to kill the owner.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 10:20:38 pm »

What happens if you assign the soldiers to no longer carry food? Will they eventually go back and eat all of their previously claimed rations?
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 10:34:44 pm »

They may on coincidence, but I've never seen it happen.  They don't seek out owned food, they just grab some food.

arkhometha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 10:48:35 pm »

Yep, they let it rot and you can't get rid of the miasma.
Shit, with so many kobolds starving and dying in worldgen year 4 and the bastards letting food to rot.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 10:58:37 pm »

"There's hungry kobolds in china who could..." <.<

arkhometha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 11:00:59 pm »

"There's hungry kobolds in china who could..." <.<
nah, I dont care about people, I care about kobolds. The argument used is invalid for people, IMHO

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2011, 12:22:29 am »

well if it wasnt rotting you could put a food stockpile under it. try atom smashing it.
LOSING IS FUN!

quintilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2011, 12:20:43 pm »

for me it's always the ones who got 'hungry' - whether in jail or on patrol... every so often i get one that insists on stocking raw meat in their room... the problem is when they tend to drop it 'near' their room... which might be a stairwell leading to the meetinghall - at least until Urist McSurströmming finds his new bedroom on the other side of the fortress

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 01:40:54 pm »

The latest version of DFHack has a new utility called DFcleanowned or something like that, that deletes all owned food on open floor tiles. Try it, it's great.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2011, 06:28:18 pm »

I hate owned stuff, it's so irritating. We should have the ability to reclaim that stuff.
half the kids in my fort have shed every piece of clothing they own everywhere.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2011, 06:35:34 pm »

Use DFHack to disown and dump owned junk. The utility you are looking for is dfcleanowned. Make sure to read the readme, the utility is configured by executing it with set parameters.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2011, 07:21:37 pm »

I wonder if you could get a racoon or rhesus to steal the owned items?  I'd think they would need a path to the surface free of dorfs or other civ creatures and no path to any other items. 

Too bad you cant just use a bucket brigade to dump magma on things :<
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2011, 09:15:07 pm »

Use DFHack to disown and dump owned junk. The utility you are looking for is dfcleanowned. Make sure to read the readme, the utility is configured by executing it with set parameters.
I tried this and it locked up my game. What parameters did you run it with and which command?
I tried to get rid of items on the ground, it detected 12000 items, but it only showed that it would take action on like 20-30 items. I ran it with -d to show that. So I decided to run it for real, and finally I ended up having to force the game quit because I got tired of waiting for it.

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2011, 10:01:31 pm »

I tried this and it locked up my game. What parameters did you run it with and which command?
I tried to get rid of items on the ground, it detected 12000 items, but it only showed that it would take action on like 20-30 items. I ran it with -d to show that. So I decided to run it for real, and finally I ended up having to force the game quit because I got tired of waiting for it.
I use dfremovelitter.bat, which is "dfcleanowned.exe -lx". Takes about several seconds for a 10yo fort with a 100 dwarves. Did you pause before running it?
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?
Pages: 1 [2] 3