Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Change  (Read 5293 times)

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Change
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 09:02:04 pm »

With the emo hairstyle, I have a better chance of actually being socially acceptable. And yeah, that's me.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 09:15:31 pm »

If that's what you were going for you should've gotten a crew cut.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2011, 09:18:38 pm »

If I had that hair, I'd totally wear cute barrettes in pastel colors.  Especially if they had butterflies and flowers on them.  For the first one... braid crown, like the PM of Ukraine X3

Men who have long hair should really learn to do more with it.

I've changed a lot in the past year.  Most of it has been good.  Tomorrow, I'll be enjoying the first more-than-two-people event I've ever hosted in my life.

Of course, I used to be a bit more studious, so I'm working to change that as well.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 08:38:29 am »

With the emo hairstyle, I have a better chance of actually being socially acceptable. And yeah, that's me.

Sorry but you ain't gettin' no beaver with that kind of outlook. Girls usually only like shorthair, and I am talking about all of the girls, from dumbest to smartest.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 09:42:18 am »

Sorry but you ain't gettin' no beaver with that kind of outlook. Girls usually only like shorthair, and I am talking about all of the girls, from dumbest to smartest.

Really depends on the social climate where you live. I used to have crazy long hair, but I buzzed it. Trust me, not only did the ladies like the hair, it was also a talking point. Distinguishing features are pretty nice to have, actually.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 01:14:42 pm »

Really depends on the social climate where you live. I used to have crazy long hair, but I buzzed it. Trust me, not only did the ladies like the hair, it was also a talking point. Distinguishing features are pretty nice to have, actually.

Indeed; in fact, I'm often known as Fluffy to my friends, for obvious reasons.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 03:06:45 pm »

What's this?  Someone stereotyping female preferences in a thread I've posted in, complete with a bizarre euphemism for female genitalia?

It's like the cows had a parade outside of Burger King!

Seriously, dude, quit it.  I am a girl.  I like long hair.  As I posted previously, I would feel happier about his hair with barrettes in it, but I like the way it looks already.  I'm also reasonably intelligent, or at least I like to think so.

Oh, and the other thing?  Reducing an entire person to one of their organs is just kind of gross.  Just think about it.  "You ain't gettin' no pancreas with that kind of outlook."  "You ain't gettin' no little toe on the left foot with that kind of outlook."

I am disappoint.  I am extra disappoint that I'm the first one to call you on it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 03:30:07 pm »

I've run into more girls that say they like long hair than short hair to be honest, and really? I don't see how this thread has anything to do with him wanting to get a girlfriend, so I don't see how it matters. I think it looks good, and I'd still call it long. I don't have the patience to deal with my own hair if it ever got that long, so you won't see me wearing it that way.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2011, 03:42:31 pm »

Long hair on boys seems to be the 'in' thing at the moment, at least here in the UK. My little nephew's growing up to be quite the looker and he loves having his hair long and loose. The fringe-over-the-face thing, though, is a bit... Beiberish. God knows how you see where you're going behind all that. :)

Awesome to hear that life's treating you good. Yup, change can be brilliant when it's in your favour!
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2011, 03:43:43 pm »

My hair's quite long but it grows outwards rather than down.  I guess I should probably cut it soon.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2011, 06:26:29 pm »

Men who have long hair should really learn to do more with it.

I used to wear mine in double braids starting at the temples. I miss it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 06:11:33 am »

Well I never knew what I should do with mine.
Somehow your options are severly limited if you are male.
Eh, I probably just needed a girls advice back then, since I still cant make heads or tails out of cosmetic products.

Well, it's too late now. My hair is to damaged now to wear it long.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2011, 06:44:52 am »

What's this?  Someone stereotyping female preferences in a thread I've posted in, complete with a bizarre euphemism for female genitalia?

Seriously, dude, quit it.  I am a girl.  I like long hair.  As I posted previously, I would feel happier about his hair with barrettes in it, but I like the way it looks already.  I'm also reasonably intelligent, or at least I like to think so.

Oh, and the other thing?  Reducing an entire person to one of their organs is just kind of gross.  Just think about it.  "You ain't gettin' no pancreas with that kind of outlook."  "You ain't gettin' no little toe on the left foot with that kind of outlook."

I am disappoint.  I am extra disappoint that I'm the first one to call you on it.

Oh jee, if you are to be as intelligent as you say you are, atleast have a sense of humour. It's just a figure of speech, not that i'm trying to reduce women. If you are an intelligent woman, good for you, but if you want to be seen as one, don't react to sexist jokes, you won't seem like a woman that fights for women rights or something, but rather a girl that can't understand a joke. Cheers :).

I also used to grow hair, and when I finally decided to cut it (so did end my rebellious teen years), I received much more attention from girls. It's just that if you want to look really mature or adult, and where I live, these are the kind of guys that get the girls, you should wear short hair, and that's the way I see it.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2011, 08:14:57 am »

Oh jee, if you are to be as intelligent as you say you are, atleast have a sense of humour. It's just a figure of speech, not that i'm trying to reduce women. If you are an intelligent woman, good for you, but if you want to be seen as one, don't react to sexist jokes, you won't seem like a woman that fights for women rights or something, but rather a girl that can't understand a joke. Cheers :).

I also used to grow hair, and when I finally decided to cut it (so did end my rebellious teen years), I received much more attention from girls. It's just that if you want to look really mature or adult, and where I live, these are the kind of guys that get the girls, you should wear short hair, and that's the way I see it.

My friend, I do not think you understand what you have just done.

In all seriousness, though, those jokes aren't funny, and haven't been for a while.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 08:21:48 am »

My friend, I do not think you understand what you have just done.
QFT. The fact you needed to cut your hair to seem mature should say enough :)

On Topic: all change is good. If it was a bad change, even if you can't change back, at least you learned from it.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5