Yes; I used to drink but now I don't
- 7 (5.5%)
Yes; I've never consumed alcohol
- 40 (31.3%)
Yes; but only because I'm under age!
- 20 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Teetotalism  (Read 8026 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Teetotalism
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2011, 02:56:38 am »

We tend to be a bit eccentric, and try to convince people to change religion.

Ah, I did just remember that was it. I guess the Catholic Church doesn't like competition.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2011, 04:02:37 am »

Nope, never drank. Mostly for religious reasons, but I do know plenty of other Muslims who drink. I can't see why, since even beer is obscenely expensive in Muslim countries... about 5-10 times the cost of bottled water of equal quantities.

Drinking just doesn't appeal to me somehow. I play plenty of MUDs with alcohol, but it seems like a waste of money, even for the roleplay. Like smoking, it doesn't seem particularly pleasurable, it's just a social lubricant - an icebreaker. Socially, it just as often results in people laughing at you than with you. The hangovers, the vomiting, just doesn't make it seem worth it.

My family tends to have a very low tolerance to alcohol anyway. They will vomit easily or pass out, and most will have their faces red after 1 or 2 cans of shandy.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2011, 04:15:53 am »

I don't drink very often. Maybe once every few months with family or if there is a good reason to.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2011, 04:43:48 am »

I drink, on the weekends, one to two light beers and no more. I enjoy them, too. When I get to legal age I will drink more but not much, because excessive alcohol gives me a headache and the idea of being drunk is actually very unpleasant to me. But I digress; I have a couple of beers on the weekend because I feel that the way the law is written means you cannot touch alcohol before one specific night and get completely smashed whenever you want (with exceptions) for the rest of your life, legally. I'm considering this my L-Plates, really, in the same way you start driving before you're legally allowed a full license. Learn to drink responsibly now, avoid doing too much stupid shit in the future.
This is pretty much my thinking. Get a hang of it now, and learn my limits, and I'll be much better off than the Homer Simpsons of the future.
Because Religious Debates are quite literally the best thing ever.
Yes. As the now twice over ended Atheist Threads have proven.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2011, 11:40:10 am »

In response to the first post, I don't know how common it is to be a teetotaler. I do know that I never plan on imbibing alcohol, though. I've just never seen the appeal in it. Maybe it's just because I haven't had the time to be one of those 'rebellious youth' kids.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2011, 11:42:05 am »

I don't drink because I'm one of those "rebellious youths" :O

Non-conformism and all that.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 13, 2011, 06:05:07 pm »

Alcoholism runs in my family so I figured it's better never to take that first drink. Of course if it tastes half as bad as it smells I doubt I'd be inclined to take more than one. Seriously, how do people drink that stuff? It ranks up there with the stuff under my bathroom sink and is probably about as healthy.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 13, 2011, 06:12:42 pm »

I cannot stand the taste of alchohol, at all. Or coffee.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 13, 2011, 06:55:24 pm »

TBH ten years ago I didn't like the taste of alcohol or coffee either. Then I started liking it, sequentially

I still remember my "first coffee" -I had tasted it as a kid, but back then I didn't like it-. It was the dorm's gruel-coffee. I had 5 cups of straight black. The high was impressive.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2011, 06:57:05 pm »

Coffee tastes good if you dump enough sugar in it. Even straight it smells good.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2011, 06:59:54 pm »

I dont like sugar in my coffee. It ends up as a foul tasting sweet gruel at the bottom.

I favor milk expressos ATM
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2011, 07:03:06 pm »

I still remember my "first coffee" -I had tasted it as a kid, but back then I didn't like it-. It was the dorm's gruel-coffee. I had 5 cups of straight black. The high was impressive.

Pretty much the same. Hated the taste of coffee when I was younger. Nowadays, milk cappuccinos and liberal applications of sugar often end up over my breakfast cereal.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2011, 07:58:25 pm »

I like my coffee black, my liquor neat, and my tobacco in pipes.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2011, 08:00:12 pm »

I like the supersweet gruel at the bottom.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2011, 08:14:41 pm »

I find coffee and alcohol disgusting.

I do drink tea between classes to stay awake, however.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8