Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I seem to have lost my UBERLIBERAL spark.  (Read 1781 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
I seem to have lost my UBERLIBERAL spark.
« on: March 11, 2011, 07:06:01 am »

It's been a very, very long time since my first win (expanded about 67 years, 1535 conservative scum put to death, and about 165 raids, 45 of them fought off, the others were escapes) and I can't seem to win again. I just suck at the game now and I need some LIBERAL GUIDANCE!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: I seem to have lost my UBERLIBERAL spark.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 07:55:09 am »

Nah, your lack of victory is probably due to the increased difficulty.  I've only won the old Toady version.  I play the game for the fun, not for the victory.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 07:59:07 am »

My old strategy was to go to the crackhouse and OWN everybody there to max out skills. Then I just could pick up the conservative machine and crush it in my hands.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 01:01:18 pm »

I'm not sure what character were you using, but i've had an easy time with a full charisma, disguise, persuasion, daisho using guy. Practice driving a LOT before going on a rampage. Practice sword on the genetic freaks in genetic lab. Practice science by ttrying to recruit scientists, but never invite them to LCS.

Bluff your way when there are more than two enemies and rampage daily. Shouldn't take too long!
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 08:21:15 pm »

I'm not sure what character were you using, but i've had an easy time with a full charisma, disguise, persuasion, daisho using guy. Practice driving a LOT before going on a rampage. Practice sword on the genetic freaks in genetic lab. Practice science by ttrying to recruit scientists, but never invite them to LCS.

Bluff your way when there are more than two enemies and rampage daily. Shouldn't take too long!

Thats what I used in my most successful run in the new version.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 08:58:07 am »

Spoilers :

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That is all

Yannanth

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 06:45:20 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 04:08:02 pm by Yannanth »

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 08:48:54 am »

Spoilers :

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That is all

Yeah basically this. The only things I can add:

- You actually don't need 4 Judge sleepers anymore. One Judge will hear your case based on his Effectiveness. 100% Effectiveness sleeper Judge will always hear your case.

- Likewise, the chance a Sleeper lawyer will get the chance to represent you will also be based on Effectiveness. Get a Liberal in the court for a petty crime like Breaking and Entering, make sure you get a decent Effectiveness sleeper judge, and use that to train your Lawyers until they're even better than the $5000 dollar one!

- The Sleepers you'll want for Radio/Cable TV Stations are the News Anchors/Radio Personalities. Set them to Promote Liberalism and it'll REALLY help your cause. Likewise, the CEO Sleeper can Embezzle TONS of money.

- Writers working on the Liberal Guardian while Free Speech is Arch-Conservative can still get a Heat rating, even if the Safehouse is crime free. Liberal Guardian is illegal while that law is Arch-Conservative.

- If you turn a Club Security at the Gentleman's Club into a sleeper, he'll always let you in regardless of gender or what you're wearing.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:52:21 am by Krath »
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 07:04:20 am »

My priorities (and this works for me) are:
Train lawyers by recruiting a bunch of randoms and sending them off to commit minor crimes like running around naked at the police station. I usually start with the love slave option just to speed this up. You'll still need to grab a judge too though.

Meanwhile, have a character training stealth and one training interrogation/persuasion/what-have-you. Get to the point where you can kidnap and turn the CEO, set him to embezzle. You now get a ton of money each month.

Wait a while, maybe kidnapping some personalities and whatnot while you train your sleeper lawyer and judge.

Your armed squad is for breaking people out of jail. Once they get too much heat, have them turn themselves into the police (leaving weapons behind, obviously). At least some will return, and those can go free any who didn't.

Then go and do some damage, and turn yourself into the police at the slightest sign of trouble. This is a lot easier if you can liberalize death squads, obviously.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 05:31:21 pm »

- If you turn a Club Security at the Gentleman's Club into a sleeper, he'll always let you in regardless of gender or what you're wearing.

However, be warned that *Everyone* other than your sleeper will find your squad suspicious if you don't fit in, so the Gentleman Club sleeper is of low value.

-----

Your armed squad is for breaking people out of jail. Once they get too much heat, have them turn themselves into the police (leaving weapons behind, obviously). At least some will return, and those can go free any who didn't.

Then go and do some damage, and turn yourself into the police at the slightest sign of trouble. This is a lot easier if you can liberalize death squads, obviously.

--> This is sort of good. However, it suffers from the LARGE problem that squad members lose juice when they get arrested. They also lose juice when their underlings get killed or arrested. And juice is a little harder to come by in the latest versions.

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 08:17:34 pm »

Actually, getting arrested doesn't makes you lose juice. Getting a guilty verdict does. A not guilty verdict only makes you lose two mounth worth of activities.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 04:02:47 am »

Actually, getting arrested doesn't makes you lose juice. Getting a guilty verdict does. A not guilty verdict only makes you lose two mounth worth of activities.

Unless you turn yourself in at 30th day of the month. You'll only lose 1 month 1 day.