Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 54

Author Topic: Holy shit Japan....  (Read 70116 times)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Holy shit Japan....
« Reply #165 on: March 12, 2011, 01:04:04 am »

Still, lots of bad stuff going down.  I hope it's not as bad as the media's chirping.
It probably isn't, remember Swine Flu?
However damn, it is terrible.
Hello Hunam

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 12, 2011, 01:06:04 am »

Still, lots of bad stuff going down.  I hope it's not as bad as the media's chirping.

I actually got that. It sucked, and knocked the wind out of my sails for a few days, but I didn't die from it. This is way, way worse than a strain of flu that humans can kill pigs with.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 12, 2011, 01:06:42 am »

I actually got that. It sucked, and knocked the wind out of my sails for a few days, but I didn't die from it. This is way, way worse than a strain of flu that humans can kill pigs with.
Did you throw up and feel extreme pain? I heard that they're two symptoms of Swine Flu
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 01:09:15 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 12, 2011, 01:11:00 am »

Did you throw up and feel extreme pain? I heard that they're two symptoms of Swine Flu
I threw up some, and it was painful, but I wouldn't call it extreme. Being set on fire, falling over 30 feet or being mauled by a wolf would be classified as extreme.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 12, 2011, 01:12:18 am »

This is way, way worse than a strain of flu that humans can kill pigs with.
I understand that, but my point is the media blows things out of proportion for the magical 'ratings'
Hello Hunam

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 12, 2011, 01:14:56 am »

With that kind of damage to your infrastructure, and to the lives and businesses of so many people, how do you recover? I wish everyone affected by it as swift a recovery as possible.

Not to sound callous, but Japan has had far, far worse. Practically every edifice of industrialized society standing on Japan today was built less than sixty five years ago. I'm quite confident the nation will recover with vigor that will surprise us.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 12, 2011, 01:23:27 am »

Yeah, I also got the impression the epicenter which was tsunami'd the worst was one of the more rural areas. Aside from the reactors, everything went about as well as could be expected for such a high magnitude earthquake with tsunami hitting in a highly populated country. Quite frankly, they will probably recover faster and better than California will when the next big one hits. A few thousand dead, sure, but that's actually not too bad considering it was the 5th strongest earthquake on record.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 01:25:50 am by alway »

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2011, 03:32:57 am »

Plus, the frequency with which this sort of thing happens means that the country is probably the most prepared on Earth for tsunamis/earthquakes.  It will be devastating for sure, but if anyone was ready for this, it's Japan.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Trappin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2011, 04:19:58 am »

Information is pretty fluid right now - the explosion may have been a hydrogen explosion not connected to the reactor core containment building.

youtube shot

http://tinyurl.com/4qoqpel

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2011, 04:27:02 am »

Hydrogen, or rather it's two heavier isotopes, are used as coolants and moderators.

Coolant explosion from excess pressure/heat?

Anyway, this looks bad.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2011, 04:28:06 am »

Now maybe no one will order dwarfs to pull levers at random anymore...
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2011, 04:28:16 am »

Holy fuck, one of the reactor exploded, or at least it's roof collapsed. But it's seems that it's a reactor meltdown. So much for impossibility.

Radiation in the area confirmed to be 20 times above normal. We might as well have another Haiti by the time it's all done.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2011, 04:46:03 am »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 12, 2011, 04:48:34 am »

Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 54