Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Odd Dreams  (Read 2818 times)

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Odd Dreams
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 11:25:04 pm »

Heh. Oh and this guy:

receiving advice from a gigantic owl (Odd for me, since animals very rarely appear in my dreams, but they're usually sentient when they do).  I'll pull up my dream journal and share some of the stranger ones when/if I get a chance.

You have obviously been playing too many Legend of Zelda games, if you are dreaming of that bloody massive owl. (At least I think it's Legend of Zelda)

But anyway, I had a dream where I was in this building, somehow I knew it was my school, and I'm talking to these people, who I somehow know are my friends, and there's this door. It has a big sign on it saying keep out, and one friend says we should open it, and the other says we should leave it alone. I open it, and theres this tiny bird in there. And it opens it's wings and caws, and grows bigger, and bigger, until it's three times bigger than me and then it rushes past me and smashes through a window. Then as it flies off I can see it getting bigger. And then the school starts shrinking, but  don't. And I'm crushed. I woke up covered in screaming.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 11:26:54 pm »

I woke up covered in screaming.

I don't understand.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2011, 11:28:30 pm »

Last night I looked over at my laptop, and it turned on. Even though it faces away from me, I can tell from the bright light it outs off. Wondering why it had done that, when I turned it off, I watched it for a few minutes, before it turned itself off again. This morning, I noticed that my laptop was in fact closed, and even if it had somehow turned itself on and off again, It wouldn't have been able to open itself. It must have been a dream.

This is somewhat odd, for me, because I remember my room in great detail from my dream, and I remember being in my soft bed, and it all seemed rather plausible as reality. The 'magical closing laptop' was the only unrealistic part, and when that is the only thing that you have to tell dream from reality, you do wonder a bit.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2011, 01:15:59 am »

I woke up covered in screaming.

Funniest thing I've heard in a while.  Thanks for that.

I actually didn't/don't remember the owl in LoZ.  I only played the one on the 64 through once, and briefly played the one on the Wii.  Besides, the owl in my dream was a snowy owl.  There still may be a connection, but the only dreams of games I've had occurred when I played them beyond excessively.

Also, the dreams that you remember when they start happening in real life are disturbing, especially when you feel like something bad's going to happen.  I had that happen today.  I nearly collapsed - Which is odd, because the only thing I thought was going to happen was my boss bullying me.  In any case, it didn't happen, which is also odd.  Usually my premonitions are more accurate, and they've never had an emotional effect on me.  It may not have been a dream after all.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Birdy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 09:29:00 am »

I might as well post one that i can remember...

This dream sucked balls. I get these dreams often where I can't move my body, or have very limited movement of it, and something is always happening, either exciting and i wanna be a part of it, or scary, where I can't run or fight it.

The one I most remember was me lying on my bed (which is just a mattress on the floor with view of the underside of my brothers bed.

There was something looking at me from inside the darkness of under the bed. and I remember it being painful to look back at it, or think about it.

about that moment I started to panic, and tapping on the wall with all my might, it turned out I was actually physically hitting the wall IN MY SLEEP and I woke up to my brother storming into the room.

I think Satan Is after me.  :(

Alnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 02:57:05 pm »

Disregard this post.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 11:21:23 am by Alnos »

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 03:04:49 pm »

Best dream I ever had: A reality TV show that eventually (and I don't quite remember how the change happened) became me fighting a cavalry of the undead with my own mini-sentry(from tf2) army that were also mounted on horseback. It all took place in a way-too-large medieval bedroom.

Good times.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 09:03:48 pm »

Try dreaming that you're in minecraft. I always build a palace, call a girl over and get laid in my iron citadel. Bloody sweet. :P
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 12:57:20 am »

Recalling from a recent sickness, mind you, being sick can really screw with your head when sleeping for nearly half a day; also having played through at least half of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. as well, simply put, my infected dreamworld really looked like the game world, except the architecture was more how I have my head mapped.

What did make it pretty cool was the all the other STALKERs in the world were essentially re-skins/palette-swaps of the same character/Me, and also depending on their faction and armor, also determined where they specialized in my body and mind; my soul was of course myself (to unify the whole dream/innerspace). Considering the different states of sickness and recovery stages, I had all kinds of missions and interface screws hitting me to the point of turning the entire dream sequence into a very cool expansion pack fangame mod.

Those damn bloodsuckers though, they're worse in packs, but so is my immune system; those guys were hardcore, and literally beat the crap out of them bare handed. The eggheads at the Chernobyl plant were doing all kinds of debugging of my brain so I can gain dominance and hack into the world and fix everything from the inside (although it would be sorta cheating).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unfortunately, I woke up still unmotivated to move. It was a pretty bad sickness that swept through the house. I got better, but everyone else I caught it from are still recovering; albeit, in much better condition than previously. Then again, I'm just a fast healer, despite this being one of my longest recovery times as of recently.

EDIT:
Related to fangame expansion pack dream thing, I have seen movies and played other games that never existed in this reality. I'm talking about a proper sequel to Aliens, which was a badass rendition which had the Xenomorphs invading Earth, done right, unlike AvP Requiem. Let's just say, it didn't fare well for an entire city, and despite a competent military, it took until half of the troops were killed until they actually went for nuking them from orbit, "Just to be sure". Of course, hinting a sequel, a dumbass military researcher decides to snag an egg and freeze it so they can begin research on weaponizing something that took out what was left of Atlanta or somewhere like that, and some of the nearby towns (a better Resurrection, or AvP which the Predators intercept the science podship, and decide to go Predators with a new proving system). To be safer, the guy decides to hide from authorities and get it done in space. Unfortunately, the bastard leaves unharmed, and the apparent "Queen Egg" doesn't hatch before the credits (cryo-contained); but a zoom out from it implies it's a special queen egg due to it's unusual structure (where the scientist even states so within the first quarter of the movie (chekov's gun/cruel brick joke of sorts)).

Oh right, I forgot to mention, the Aliens in this one also got smarter the longer they lived to the point of applying the unused ending for Alien, and actually applied mimicking human voices and noise patterns to stealthily snag more hosts. They were even nastier in this version. No queen here; in fact, the very egg was what they were trying to protect and find a proper location to raise it. Somewhere the aliens can take advantage of the scenery and weather conditions that best suit them. Apparently Atlanta, or anywhere nearby would apply well enough. I guess it sorta played on some past nightmares I had when I first saw Alien/s and other such monster movies. All I can say, the writing and special effects were epically done, and was what Alien III should've been.

I think I can jump to different realities/dimensions when I dream (which would make daydreaming rather interesting). Quick! Call the Fringe Division!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 01:26:07 am by Itnetlolor »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2011, 01:01:34 am »

I dreamt that I went to the Doctor. He told me I had two months to live. I went a Movie theatre in the Mall that I created in my dreams and is fairly constant.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2011, 01:45:56 am »

I can't really remember many of my dreams unfortunately but heres one I can remember. I was in my old Elementary School in the First Grade area. Everything was just as I remembered it until a giant Ape came out of nowhere and started chasing me. Then my favorite cartoon characters from when I was a kid flew in, picked me up, and dropped me off back in my room. I always have wierd ass dreams whenever I take sleep medicine.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2011, 08:32:15 pm »

Just remembered an odd dream where I was like at this class-room type setup convention and I met all the actors that were on Star Trek: Voyager.... Unfortunately can't remember the specifics, only that I spent a lot of time hanging out with the chick who played Janeway.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2011, 08:39:44 pm »

Janeway? Not Seven of Nine? Sort out your priorities, man!

A few nights ago I had one of my first lucid-ish dreams; I walked into the dining hall of my old (~3 years ago) school. I noticed the vending machines had been modified to dispense Pizza (Due to the cooking staff being on strike), and sat down to talk to a few friends. I suddenly remembered I hadn't been to this school for years, and stared at someone trying to believe he was a cat. It worked. I went outside, promptly forgot I was dreaming and was swept away in a flood.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2011, 09:37:51 pm »

I had a dream in which I was meeting with Marine Corps recruiters. They would insult me at every opportunity. Somehow I believed they were "testing" me.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2011, 09:40:17 pm »

So I was farting around in what looked to be my house, but it was bigger, and large enough to fit most of you guys in it. yes, you. I began playing Dwarf fortress and randomly talking with you guys. then i started looking around the house. while looking, I noticed something flashing an the air ventilation. it was a security camera. then, out of nowhere, Toady shows up asking why I'm messing with his security cameras.

Then I wake up.

Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...
Pages: 1 [2]