Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Hawken - Indie Mech Game - Now F2P and On Steam  (Read 22436 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: Hawken - Indie Mech Game - Beta Signups Open, referrals for ALL!
« Reply #136 on: September 20, 2012, 05:47:06 pm »

i have been playing the alpha, im really enjoying in fact much more than i have enjoyed mech warrior. The way mech warrior is turning i suggest going for hawken right now
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 20, 2012, 06:22:40 pm »

December do seem so far away right now..

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 20, 2012, 08:13:15 pm »

i have been playing the alpha, im really enjoying in fact much more than i have enjoyed mech warrior. The way mech warrior is turning i suggest going for hawken right now
Which Mechwarrior game though?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2012, 10:39:59 pm »

Which Mechwarrior game though?
Mech Online. The one coming out.

No luck with the alpha / beta application on this one. Looks like I'll be sitting it out until release.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 20, 2012, 10:50:13 pm »

Theres also Mechwarrior Tactics coming out, though. Thus the asking which mechwarrior game.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 20, 2012, 11:00:24 pm »

What does Hawken offer that Mechwarrior Online does not?

Hawken seems to be closer to twitch-based FPS. Mechwarrior more slow-paced and tactical.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 20, 2012, 11:53:20 pm »

It would probably be easier to understand if I linked the thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=96040.msg3622627#msg3622627

The grind? I am already used to it thanks to World of Tanks. In fact, I am used to it in real life, lol. I was referring to the battle mechanics (mech's loadout customisation, damage modeling, map design, etc).
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2012, 03:38:30 am »

Hawken is closer to a twitch based FPS, it's fast paced and a fight can be over quickly and that's where it's fun. I like being able to zip around and then lay down a lot of fire then go hide to heal then back into the fight.

Also mechs are rather a lot more customisable in this then mechwarrior.

In all I will still play mech warrior online but right now I'm enjoying this more due to the dev's not completely fucking up the game.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 21, 2012, 08:58:11 am »

In terms of MMOs I've quit the fastest, Mechwarrior Online probably ranks #2.

1. LOTRO. I reached level 4, in a couple hours, then quit because I hated the combat and level-up systems, which were just like City of Heroes, which I also couldn't stand, although LOTRO at least seemed to not have incredibly boring intro quests like CoH did. If I don't have control over combat, I'm not going to play it (although this was not a concrete opinion until I realized I hated it while trying LOTRO). (DCUO and STO both have ability bars, STO having a crazy number of mappable abilities, but both give you direct control of your weapons on the ground instead of going "durr autoattack")

2. MWO. Played probably four battles with trial mechs and four battles with actual mechs. Then quit and haven't gone back. A large part of it was the insane repair costs. Another part was that the rewards for failure (one million dollars?) made no sense until you saw the insane repair costs, and then you realized they were just trying to keep people afloat (and failing, apparently, as the first battle with the first mech I bought resulted in 4.6m credits or so in repair costs, and there was no way to practice with your mechs or set them up beforehand). I played a few more matches with several other mechs before deciding that it was wasn't something I wanted to play, as there was no feeling of fun, just a feeling of dread when playing it ("Oh god, am I going to get killed again because I don't know what I'm doing, and then the team will lose the game and lose huge amounts of money and maybe have their mechs disabled because I'm a noob?"). Doesn't help that it threw newbies in against experienced players running in squads (this happened in my first game with a real mech).

3. Firefall. I played about 6 hours of it. I can see skinner boxes.

So... Hawken... Are you under an NDA or can you talk about it?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:00:27 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2012, 01:27:13 pm »

I'm under a nda but if you put down some questions I will try and reply the best I can without breaking the NDA

Not that I really care about NDA

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2012, 03:04:21 am »

I'm under a nda but if you put down some questions I will try and reply the best I can without breaking the NDA

Not that I really care about NDA
How pay2win is it, on a scale from Farmville to late Tribes:A to early Tribes:A?

Also holy crap, while I went to check my mail on whether I got accepted into beta I noticed that I got accepted in MWO beta, then told that there was a mistake, but I'm still in. o_0

Edit: ah crap, I broke the NDA by writing the above paragraph before I could even read NDA. Fuck.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 03:08:05 am by Dariush »

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2012, 04:08:28 am »

You can't possibly violate something you haven't signed (yet), and NDAs aren't retroactive because that would be impossible. :V
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2012, 06:12:28 am »

Little confused why you put that shadow lord :P I did agree to a NDA before I started playing.

And from what I can see there is no pay 2 win.

There are 2 catagorys of "currency" the first one is sort of like experiance you use this to buy everything, mechs weapons, items, buffs you Get this through playing matches. The second is cooling currency, you use this currency to make your mechs look smart and more how you want to. You can't earn this currency through playing the game.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16