Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Hawken - Indie Mech Game - Now F2P and On Steam  (Read 22407 times)

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hawken - Indie Mech Game - Now F2P and On Steam
« Reply #210 on: March 21, 2014, 05:30:46 am »

Man this games fun.
We have any group going on?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 21, 2014, 08:03:06 am »

They have three test drives: Grenadier, Berserker and Raider.

That explains it. I already have the raider unlocked. Having fought against a couple dudes who used raiders, it seems not as terribad as I first thought, although other players I asked thought their weapons were underwhelming.

Yeah, I like the berserker. It's just so mobile. Makes the game feel more fluid and responsive than when I was playing the raider. Also, berserker's 41 speed in flight make flying into battle--and anywhere, really--the best option.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 21, 2014, 08:19:31 am »

Are the 500 metro credits only freebie you get for playing Hawken?

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 21, 2014, 10:37:39 am »

Any suggestions what to buy with the 500mc?
I was planning to buy that missile turret Mk1 for the CR-T Recruit since i don't have enough for better weapon.
Pretty much im kinda put down that there is not much weapons or upgrades to fiddle with mech.
Only for decorative means. Maybe i was hoping too much something like MW series was :)

IG name is: Coldron

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 21, 2014, 10:50:07 am »

I will admit the one thing I find kind of odd for this game is the lack of location damage.

It was always kind of the feature that was the difference between mech games and... driving a tank.

This is ignoring games like Armored Core, Gundam (some gundams), and Zone of Enders... but in those you are riding a super mech.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 21, 2014, 11:11:37 am »

Locational damage is a rarity, and the only mech games I can think of that that even do it are MW and a few Gundam games

Well there is also Front Mission. Also that other mech game where you have 100 buttons, that also had locational damage.

As well as that TBS game where you had a robot and a crew that fought (Dang I wish I remembered what it was, I actually liked that game)

Also, all but the newer Armored Core games have been very much "real robot"

It always started off somewhat "real robot" and then skirted into super robo as the game went on. It is kind of the running theme with the Armor core games that you start off with relatively realistic weapons... and then get satellite cannons, laser sword guns, and nuclear missiles.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 11:24:42 am by Neonivek »

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 21, 2014, 12:06:50 pm »

O man i just figured i can use the credits to buy stuff without using MC :D

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 22, 2014, 06:54:12 pm »

So, if you buy a mech that's on test drive, do you also get all the internals and stuff that are installed in the test drive model?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 22, 2014, 08:53:57 pm »

So, if you buy a mech that's on test drive, do you also get all the internals and stuff that are installed in the test drive model?
nope
Guess I don't need to grind hawken credits in a desperate attempt to buy a loaded out berserker before the next test drives start. Good to know.

In other news, I've been playing raider some more. After adjusting my mouse sensitivity (from 75 to ~50 mouse, 0.2 cockpit lag) and adjusting my playstyle so I'm generally fighting in close spaces I've seen improvement in raider's viability. Also, T-32 Bolt isn't that bad. Kinda prefer it to reflak. The semi-auto and charge fits with my tendency to aim with twitchy "predict where the enemy will be and let them enter the crosshair" style of aiming.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 25, 2014, 10:24:34 pm »

Double post bumping thing because why not. New test drives, rocketeer, sharpshooter, and scout.

The rocketeer is pretty fun. All the homing attacks help counteract my lousy FPS and lousy aim too, so I can actually support my team better. Plus, explosions. Explosions are fun.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 26, 2014, 12:35:13 am »

I heavily regret buying the Raider. Maybe its just not my Playstyle, but for the life of me, I cant handle the main Gun. It just feels and looks like im throwing beans at them.

The Berserker on the other hand, is pure Gold. He's a good bit faster than the Assault, especially his walking speed. It's ideal for not having to boost and reveal your position all the time. I love to flank, use my ability for 2-3 kills on wounded Mechs and then bolt away again.

Also, i've customized my Assault with some bitz. The Moonwalk emote is probably my favorite taunt ever.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 26, 2014, 01:07:12 am »

There's supposed to be a patch on 3/27 that changes some stuff. Less incentive to rage quit, more balance in teams, buffs to weapons and all mech speed, changes to T32 bolt's damage, fire rate, AND a range buff from 120 to 150 meters, a buff to corsair, as well as raider's boost speed and buffs its health from 480 to 515. Other stuff for other mechs. Some new co-op game stuff.

Some raider fans on the Hawken forums are geeking out over it. I 'unno if it'll do much, but the T-32 Bolt sounds much nicer, and the corsair's mirv sounds like it'll be more powerful in close combat. I've seen raiders dominating in matches before this buff, though I really don't know how they do it.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 26, 2014, 01:27:42 am »

I thnk it just involves a lot of practice. Even if you're godawful with the main gun, the Launcher is really powerful, and a good Player can wreak complete HAVOC with the Speed Bost. There are some freaks out there that accurately sniped me around corners with the Ricochet, or literally drove circles around me while I desperately tried to return fire.

Without wanting to sound arrogant, I have an average K/D of around 2 to 1, so im not that bad. But there are people out there wo rip me to shreds no problem. Pray that you enver have to play against a good Reaper. I could barely leave the Base when I played yesterday, because the Guy was hitting me squarely over the whole freaking map all the time.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

azurelao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 27, 2014, 08:42:29 pm »

What are some good internals for an Assault? Trying to find out a good combination.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 28, 2014, 12:49:29 am »

My Setup:

-The repairbots that start to regenerate your Mech aftera  while out of combat are a MUST. (At least imho, sometimes you jsut cant stop to repair via Drone)
- The Coil that reduces Falling Damage to 0%
- Forgot the name, but I also use the Item that gives your Mech a Speed Boost after a kill. Saved my ass and a killstreak more than once.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16